Buena Vista Nightlife

• if time stands still here - why the empty beer?
    if time stands still here - why the...
    by caffeine_induced78

Most Recent Nightlife in Buena Vista

• caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo

the Lariat Saloon: a historical bar with character

by caffeine_induced78 Written Mar 27, 2003

if time stands still here - why the empty beer?

This is a bar - plain and simple. The place does not try to take on any kind of character except for what it was intended to be when it was founded in 1885. When you go to a bar like this you get that "Cheers" kind of feeling. People have been drinking here for over a 100 years and probably will for another 100 years. Beer mugs - you don't see that very often anymore. That and they kept them chilled.
    "Can I get a menu please." I said
    "Honey - we don't serve food here until May," replied the barkeep.
    This doesn't set up a good scenario for me. I'm starving, I have my beer, and I'm drinking at an altitude of 8000 feet on an empty stomach. That's when I needed fresh air.

Dress Code: Not much of one. This place was full of working class people who would have fit in just as well in the 60's.

• Beer Tasting

• kel_e's Profile Photo

There are a lot of cute bars...

by kel_e Written Oct 5, 2002

There are a lot of cute bars in Buena Vista. One night we stopped at a place where a local artist drew us some nice pencil sketches right there at the bar. We had them framed and they are beautiful!
    Pretty much anywhere you go is going to have nice people and a great atmosphere.

Instant Answers: Buena Vista

Comments

Buena Vista Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Buena Vista nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Buena Vista sightseeing.