Places to eat in Denver

Most Viewed Restaurants in Denver

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Denver: Hard Rock Cafe Denver

by TravellerMel Written Sep 16, 2014

I LOVE to visit the Hard Rock Cafes - I love the atmosphere, the memorabilia, and I collect the pins. Did not get a chance to eat at the Denver cafe, but did get to walk around and check out the cool stuff. I loved that the directions to the ladies room included "turn left at Jim Morrison's boots"... :-) I was absolutely intrigued by the acid blotter sheet in the section devoted to Timothy Leary - I've never seen anything like it. :-)

This is a nice sized cafe - it was not busy, but we arrived too early for lunch (for us anyway). I would love to go back and spend more time...

BTW - the staff member in the Rock Shop was great! Very helpful, and giving me the "back story" on several of the pins. Nice!

• Music

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

El Noa Noa: Great Mexican Food

by oriettaIT Written Mar 14, 2014

The restaurant is in old town Denver area in a brick building. it has a large dining room and a outdoor garden for the good season.
    Waiters are friendly and the menu offer a wide choice of meat and fish dishes.
    They are known to be one of the most authentic Mexican restaurant downtown Denver and we were not disappointed.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a combined plate with tamale, chili relleno and enchilada, portion were big and the food prepared very well. My partner had his favorite at the Noa Noa, the fish taco.
    Their Margaritas are outstanding

Menu Fish taco Outdoor dining area

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Yuki sushi & Robata: Sushi paradise

by oriettaIT Written Mar 14, 2014

The first thing that hit me was that this sushi restaurant does not belong to a big corporation with point of sale all over the place, it is here and just here.
    We try to have sushi in this place every time we visit Denver.
    You can have your food in the spacious dining room, in a shaded outdoor area or right at the counter. We prefer the later because we enjoy watching the master sushi chef work his magic while he prepare our rools.
    They have an extensive menu with various prices, starting from the 1$ pieces to the more expensive and elaborated rolls.
    I found their sushi made to perfection, very tasty and with a great variety to choose from.
    Their sake is also very good, so far the only one that never gave me a headache (must be my problem because I get it every other time even if I just take one sip to taste!!)

Favorite Dish: Caterpillar (Unagi roll topped with Avocado) , Red Devil (Shrimp Temp.,Eel,Jalapeno,Avocado,,R. Tobiko)

Red Devil Caterpillar roll

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Steve's Snappin' Dogs: Get your Hot Dog here...

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 3, 2014

Service set this place apart. The people working here clearly love their job, as they offered samples when we got there, gave us their preferences, and then helped us in every way shape and form. I went with the Rippin' Rockies dog and it was good. The chili con carne was not my favorite on the fries, but I would eat it again. The clear winner however was my wife's chimichanga hot dog. You read that right.

Favorite Dish: Chimichanga Dog

• Root Down: Local food in a great, fun environment at DIA

by travelisfab Written Feb 28, 2014

Finding either good tasting or healthy food in the airport can be quit an ordeal at times equal to getting through security. This is no longer the case at DIA if you head to Root Down in the "C" gate area. We wandered in for a beer and dinner during a flight delay and were we ever amazed by this restaurant which provided great service, a very tempting menu, a fun atmosphere all with a "local" fare (when possible). Our server, Gracie, did a great job from start to finish and was so knowledgeable about the restaurant and their vision as well as the menu items. My husband ordered a salad with their homemade ranch dressing and announced it was the best ranch dressing that he had ever had. When she brought me my reuben sandwich she told me the pastrami is from Katz's deli in NYC (because they believe in serving the best). Needless to say I have been to Katz's deli and we even showed her a picture of me devouring one of their sandwiches. The pastrami was delicious as was the reuben itself. Not to be missed especially at the airport. We'll try the Denver location next time.

Favorite Dish: Reuben (complete with Katz's deli pastrami) and pickles on the side.

• FOGO DE CHAO: Unique Experience

by cherylrf Written Apr 24, 2013

This is a Brazilian Steakhouse unlike any I have ever visited! 13 different steak options and they are ALL included in the dinner. The steaks are brought tableside by "Goucho's" with large carving knives and they slice off a piece of the steak as you wish. Dinner also includes a 30+ item salad bar including fresh salmon, sliced salami, fresh motz and sharp cheeses plus greens and vegies that were out of this world. Limeade was by request and I understand this is typical Brazilian refreshment (non-alcholic) and the coffee was strong and rich. You are given a two-sided card and if it is on the green side, the meat keeps coming! Turn it to the red side so you can enjoy what is on your plate. What a unique experience! Well worth the price. Enjoy.

Favorite Dish: Filet and lamb were outstanding. Grilled to perfection and the spice combo they use is not spicy- hot just very flavorful.

Red Square: Great Infused Vodkas

by Tallchick80 Written Mar 7, 2013

I've only ever had the infused vodka here, so I cannot speak for the food. I find the prices for the vodka carafes very agreeable and the selection of flavors fun. I like the red pepper, which has a nice spicy twist, and would be absolutely perfect in a bloody mary. Every carafe comes with a side of garnishes which you can use to enhance the flavor of your infusion. I enjoy sitting by the fireplace on cold nights and watching the people as they come and go. This bistro is tucked away in a little side alley in the city, which gives it a quaint vibe.

Favorite Dish: Infused vodka.

• Singles

Smashburger: Greasy, but delicious

by Tallchick80 Written Mar 7, 2013

I absolutely love Smashburger, and even though I am dieting and cannot really have Smashburger, when I want to cheat, or if I am condemned to death or if I find out I am terminally ill, I will immediately begin to eat Smashburger, it's that good.

Favorite Dish: The classic Smash cheeseburger with American cheese. Their rosemary fries are also absolutely amazing!

• Singles

Cafe Options: HUGE salads

by Tallchick80 Written Mar 7, 2013

Enormous salads! This place has an enormous cobb salad that is a little high priced, but is rather tasty. The salad itself is not spectacular (ok, the bacon that comes on it is), but the size of the salad is spectacular. One thing I do like about the cafe is that they actively participate in the community and encourage people in the community to learn about cooking and learn new skills, which is positive and makes me want to patronize their establishment more. Their sandwiches look delicious, but I have yet to try one. I also like that their packaging is eco-friendly.

Favorite Dish: Cobb salad.

• Women's Travel

Breakfast on the Edge: Local Breakfast Joints are the Best

by JJBlondie Written Mar 2, 2013

I like the diverse menu here. Sometimes the wait is about 15 to 20 minutes, but I've never waited more than that. They have bar and outside seating as well, which is nice in the summer

Favorite Dish: . On my most recent visit I had the truffle scamble with fresh asparagus, black truffles, and swiss cheese. Delish! In the past I've tried the Sloans Breakfast, an omelet, the egg white frittata, a couple of the benedicts (all good) and the smoked gouda grits (weekends only). I have always liked my meals, the service is quick and friendly, and the coffee is good. One of my favorite local joints.

Egg sammy
    • School Holidays
    • Seniors

• JJBlondie's Profile Photo

Pho Golden: Love this place!

by JJBlondie Written Mar 2, 2013

I don't think you can go wrong here, and the staff is very friendly with great service.

Favorite Dish: I've been here numerous times since they opened, and my favorite dish is the Pad Thai with Chicken or Shrimp. They make it with a peanut sauce that is do delish, I crave it. Their vermicelli noodle bowls are good. Their shrimp spring rolls are also good. They have an amazing dish with pork chops, rice, cucumbers, and other fresh ingredients. The pork chops are really tasty, which surprised me the first time I tried them (not something I would normally order).

Bistro Vendome: Great French Food

by JJBlondie Written Mar 2, 2013

My friends and I went to Bistro Vendome last night for Denver's Restaurant Week. I had been here before and thought it fair, but after last night I am singing a different tune. From the service, to the food, and the wine, everything about this meal was excellent. This was a great experience, with great service, and amazing food. I can't wait to go back and try the steak and frites with roquefort or have the mussels again.

Favorite Dish: So for $52.80 you get a three course meal during Denver Restaurant Week (for those who don't know this), and the nice part was they let you pick off the entire menu, unlike other places that had a pre-fixe meal with things you never want to eat. For first course I had amazing mussels in a white whie garlic sauce. Delish! Haven't had that good of mussels since Brussels (sorry about the rhyme). Second course I had the rabit confit with pearl onions, mushrooms and a cream sauce. I knew I liked rabbit, but last night I really liked rabbit. Its tender like the dark meat of a chicken thigh, it was served boneless, and the onions and mushooms were perfect. My husband had the beet salad with truffle oil and hazelnuts for first course, and he devoured it. For his second course he had the gnocchi with mushrooms and truffles. OMG! His was even better than mine, and I don't consider myself a lover of gnocchi. His plate was clean, every last bit of sauce sopped up with the amazing baguette served with our first course. For dessert we had the creme brulee. Not my favorite to begin with. I tried it, it was good, but my husband devoured that as well (so I'm pretty sure it was good).

Blanguette de Lapin (Rabbit confit) Gnocchis a la Truffle (truffle, parmesean, gnocci

Tres Margaritas: Exceptional Mexican Food

by painterdave Updated Oct 8, 2012

Not just another Mexican Restaurant, but one that has an extensive menu, 6 pages of food is offered, good atmosphere, great margaritas, and a polite staff. The clue to how good this place is can be found when you see that the offer mole, many types of fish dishes, and soups. So you can expect more than the usual combination plates of burritos, tacos and enchiladas.
    The family that owns this place started out with one small restaurant and it grew larger and larger into many restaurants. They have more than one in the Denver area.
    When I go to Denver twice a year, I always make it a point to go here and also to the Mexican Restaurant called Noah Noah. My expectations of great Mexican food are always met.
    I have put in the photos several pages of the menu so that you can see how extensive it is. That menu makes it worth the visit. You will have trouble deciding.........

Favorite Dish: I eat here often, and my favorite dish is now the Ceviche. Don't leave Denver without trying it. Shrimp cooked in lime juice with a margarita is the way to go.
    I had Shrimp Portuguese last visit, and this is bacon wrapped large shrimp with a sauce.
    Be brave and try something besides fajitas. You can get that back home.

one page of menu A selection discussed above another page of menu latin atmosphere (Bar) Bar separate from dining area

Edgewater Inn (Tavern): Best Pizza in Denver

by painterdave Updated Oct 8, 2012

For decades this small tavern in the town of Edgewater has been secretly known to locals as having the best pizza in Denver. Edgewater is a small town that lies west of the football stadium by Sloan's Lake. The owners, Ben and Josephine DiPietro, have expanded the tavern while keeping the old time feel.
    When you open the door you step back in time. The owner has kept his establishment up to date without taking away the historical look of an old tavern.
    On the weekends the place is full of fun loving locals who drop in for a beer or pizza.
    Don't look for Yuppies, they won't be here.
    On Bronco Football days don't wear anything with another teams logo or name.
    Otherwise you can get away with it--see the picture of the old miner.

Favorite Dish: At a mile high it is difficult to get good raised dough, but the Edgewater Tavern has mastered the difficulty and all their pizzas and calzones are great. Their sauce recipe has been handed down several decades. It has been run by a family over 60 years.
    The majority of other pizza places in Denver has a dough that closely resembles cooked cardboard.

Old Miner from San Francisco shot of the bar Real American Pizza not a cracker crust Crowded because of the pizza and prices
    • Beer Tasting

The Fort: Western Cuisine with Atmosphere

by painterdave Updated Mar 5, 2012

Located at the proximity of the famous Red Rocks just outside of Denver, this restaurant presents itself with flair. Constructed to resemble the fort designed by the Traders called Bent, which is shown here for comparison, they strive to make the ambience warm and southwest. Expect fireplaces, and western designs throughout matched by a menu, which is pricey but filled with recipes from the old west.
    The photo shown here is of Bent's Fort near La Junta, Colorado of which the Fort Restaurant is patterned.

Be sure and visit the Red Rocks while in this area. During the summer there are also many concerts in Red Rocks by major performers.

Favorite Dish: Here are some main dish examples from the menu. They have great appetizers which even includes Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Buffalo (Bison) we serve are from select Rocky Mountain ranches.

Smoke House Buffalo Ribs Platter
Smoked buffalo ribs,
    Elk Chops S
    The Fort's Game Plate
Our most popular dish! An elk chop, buffalo medallion, and a grilled teriyaki quail.

This is not a place for t shirts and shorts.
    Price below includes wine
    I would suggest calling for reservations and asking for a table near the fireplace or with view

Modeled by Bent

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
11th Avenue Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Denver

Comments

Denver Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Denver locals.
Map of Denver