Durango Restaurants

Durango
    by Martinewezel

Most Recent Restaurants in Durango

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Gazpacho: More than Cold Soup...

by ATXtraveler Written May 3, 2009

I was concerned when the person at the sunglass store recommended a good restaurant by the name of Gazpacho. I speak a little Spanish, so a place named after cold soup had me worried. Luckily for us, the oven was working properly. I decided on the mixed fajitas with green and red chile, which is known as "a side of Christmas".

This was definitely my favorite dinner location for the incorporation of the green chile up to this point, as it was delicious and warm. My wife also added a little green chile onto her quesadilla.

I would definitely say Anna had the most fun with her dinner, as they were very accommodating and brought her some grated cheese to go with my extra tortilla. I wish I was not on a low carb diet, so I could have tasted those!

Favorite Dish: The fajitas were delicious!

• ylisa's Profile Photo

East by Southwest: Wow!!!

by ylisa Written Oct 4, 2005

We had some great and usual food here . I had a japanesse roll with a southwestern twist. It was excellent . My husband dish also was excellent . If you like Japanesse food or pan asian .....go here.

Favorite Dish: Japanesse roll with a southwestern twist (a little spicy)

• ylisa's Profile Photo

Gazpacho: New Mexican cuisine... A must experience!!!

by ylisa Written Oct 4, 2005

Excellent !!! New mexican cuisine . Very close to Mexican with a slight twist . Casual with a nice atmosphere. Don't miss it !!!! ,family -like place with reasonable high- quality food . I highly recommend

Favorite Dish: Try the blue corn dishes!!!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Francisco's Restaurante y Cantina: Very inviting restaurant!

by Martinewezel Written Mar 17, 2005

Durango

Seafood, beef, pasta, and Southwestern specialties such as chili, burrito's.... in a beautiful authentic place. The restaurant is very cosy and the service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: Though on the picture our youngest son is enjoying his chili red burger with fries, I can recommend the "Blackened Salmon Salad".

There is no place like the States for an excellent lunch or dinner!

• MainstreetAmerican's Profile Photo

Gazpacho's New Mexican: Best in Town

by MainstreetAmerican Written Dec 23, 2004

Northern New Mexican food is wonderful. It is a combination of traditional Mexican fare with the heavy Native American influence (which means its a lot hotter than Mexican food). The food ranges from your traditional Mexican, to Northern New Mexican. The green chile here is the best I've ever had outside of Santa Fe, NM. If you like your food hot and spicy, this is a great place to go. It beats any of the other "Mexican" places in town. They also serve wonderful 'ritas that pack a mean punch.

Favorite Dish: Stuffed sopapilla's (also known as indian/Navajo taco's) with chicken smothered with the hot green chile. It is amazing. The chicken is so tender and tasty. The green chile is nice and hot, but not too overpowering. Goes very well with a house margarita or Ska True Blonde.

Price is nice, about $12-15 if you are getting one alcoholic beverage.

• Easty's Profile Photo

Applebees Durango: Applebee's

by Easty Written Jun 17, 2004

This restaurant is part of the national Applebees chain. The service here was good. Nice bar section as well. It was very convient from our hotel room at the Holiday Inn Durango as well. This hotel serves breakfast too.

Favorite Dish: Buttermilk Shrimp and Blackened Chicken

Farquarhts: the Melting pot of America - Durango style

by caffeine_induced78 Written Apr 3, 2003

This is one of Durango's older establishments. You can't exactly imagine a cowboy entering this place with real Italian food on his mind and a revolver in his hand. We are about 5 generations removed from that. They do more than Italian food but that is what they are most famous for. You can get a little Mexican food or American food as well. The decor is old. It's obviuos that it's not the manufactured look so I'm guessing that it's around 80 to 100 years old from looking at the inside.

Lomi Lomi: cheap, good coffee - even if it's 8 am

by caffeine_induced78 Written Apr 3, 2003

add leaves for the spring

You can probably already tell that I don't like to sleep in. So walking around the town of Durango at 7 am trying to find a cup of coffee was not a successful venture. Durango is not a town that rises early. I suppose you have to be a larger city full of workaholics like me. So I came back to this place at 8 am and they were open. The coffee was good and only a dollar for a large cup. Danishes, scones, and fancier French style pastries that looked sooooo good.

Favorite Dish: the Breakfast sandwiches - I came back for this when I saw another customer behind me get one of them. Salsa!

Lady Falconburgh's Barley Exchange: 25 beers on tap.......but no Pabst

by caffeine_induced78 Written Mar 28, 2003

Can't I come up with anything better than sign?

"So you have about 25 taps there?" I asked.

My drinking buddy for the evening turned out to be a cook for the place who had the day off. Free drinks would attract me to work as well.

"About that. They are planning on expanding it to about 40," he replied.

"Where do you have Pabst?"

"No Pabst, Coors, Bud, or MGD - this is kind of a players hangout."

But the food is good and the atmosphere is nice. College kids, old timers, average Joes all were here. You really do have a selection of 25 beers on tap and at least another 75 in bottles. I didn't try them all.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Fish tacos. With the fish tacos it's all about the white sauce. I don't know exactly what it is but when done right (and they did) it is damn good.

• Beer Tasting

• All of them...: If it's after 10pm you're SOL

by donsgal Written Mar 4, 2003

Yes, Durango is under the impression that nobody eats after 10pm. Even the local pizza delivery joint will not deliver past this time (in a college town even). There is one exception to this and it is Denny's. Of course, the food there is enedible, so that doesn't count.

Favorite Dish: The only restaurant that ever was any good was Lori's, which has now been purchased by some clueless *** who renamed it Dalaney's. The food has gone from great to god-awful. Stay clear of it if you value your digestional health.

• Farquart's Pizza Mia: Shameless Advertising

by cloudhopper Updated Jan 10, 2003

This is the restaurant I deliver for (free delivery!) Farquart's has a really comfortable atmosphere (it's been around a long time), and at night they keep the light soft but warm so it is really nice in there. We also have a bar. The people that work here are nice, as long as you are friendly to begin with, and service is fairly quick (depending on how busy it is). If you order a delivery, rest assured that it will be delivered fast (we usually deliver pizzas in under 1/2 hour, no gaurantees though)

Favorite Dish: Our pizzas are our specialties (they are quite good actually), but we serve sandwiches and burgers, and mexican food, too. I haven't decided what my favorite pizza is yet, but if you want a lot of toppings, it can get expensive.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Lady Falconburgh's: Lady Falconburgh's

by GUYON Written Sep 7, 2002

Rather cheap : 34$ for 3
    An atmosphere of English pub.

Favorite Dish: Ceasar salad, smoked trut, chicken wings.
    A huge range of beers.

Instant Answers: Durango

Comments

Durango Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Durango restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Durango sightseeing.