Durango Sports & Outdoors

Some of the group
    by lizloyer

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Durango

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Fishing and rafting on the Animas river

by Martinewezel Written Mar 17, 2005

The river runs right through the center of Durango and is well known for it's Trophy fish.
    Fly fishing is very familiar.

Also rafting is popular here. In spring the river is rather wild, but in Summer the river is calmer which makes a rafting trip perfect for families and persons of all ages.

Durango
    • Rafting
    • Fishing

• Snowmobile Tours

by lizloyer Written Oct 12, 2010

I took my family to Durango for the winter holidays last year and we ended up snowmobiling on one of the days we decided to take a break from skiing. We had never done it before and I was really anxious about it but we found a company called Ice Pirates and they were awesome!

The guides were great with my kids, they had a really thorough safety speech which calmed my nerves and I think I ended up having more fun than everyone! It was so beautiful, I think we went up to over 12,000 feet and we were even higher than the ski area we were skiing on the day before-we could see it from miles away!!

The kids gorged on hot chocolate back at the camp and we had a hard time saying goodbye.

We're definitely coming back next year-give Erick a big hug when you see him and tell him we said HI to Emma, the dog, too!

Equipment: We wore all our ski gear which was good because there was a lot of snow.

They also had a supply of supplemental gear that was free which was great because my littlest kid forgot his snow boots.

Some of the group
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Durango

Comments

Durango Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Durango sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Durango sightseeing.