Estes Park Restaurants

Dining room
    by oriettaIT

Most Recent Restaurants in Estes Park

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

The Baldpate Inn: Great Food! Great History! Unique Inn!

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

The Baldpate Inn is unique and brings so much history with a visit. We went for dinner which is an all you can eat salad bar, home made soups and homemade muffins and breads. The salad options are all very good and you can even check out the recipes in the Recipe Book. We especially liked the Apple Salad, Pistachio Salad and the homemade pumpkin soup. Of course there are homemade pies for dessert, too. The Inn is over 90 years old and it was fun looking through the “key room” with the world’s largest collection of keys. The views from the porch and dining area are also beautiful of Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. This is a truly unique and special dining experience. If you are in the Estes Park area, plan a visit to the Baldpate Inn for lunch/dinner.

Favorite Dish: Apple Salad, Pistachio Salad, Pumpkin Soup and their Homemade pies!

So many keys! The Rustic Baldpate Inn

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Poppy's Pizza & Grill: Good Food!

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

For our first visit to Estes Park we were delighted to locate Poppy's. We especially enjoyed the outdoor seating area with scenic views of the Riverwalk. The summer temperatures here are perfect for dining outside. The restaurant has a varied menu so it is not just pizz. Our service and food was good.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Twin Owls Steakhouse: Good Food! Rustic Setting!

by charlenemixa Written May 26, 2014

Our dinner at the Twin Owls Steakhouse was all very good. My husband had the Panko Crusted Tilapia which was beautifully done, tasty and a large portion. I went with the Filet and Shrimp Kabob which were also excellent. The steakhouse is in an old lodge creating a rustic setting. We had views of the mountains from our window table and a lawn area, where we learned several of the staff had even been married there. The service was top notch. Most impressive dining experience

Located outside of Estes Park, the building was built in 1929 as a home for the Stacey family. In the 1960’s it changed hands and was developed into a guest ranch, with the house being converted to a restaurant. With its great views of Black Canyon the ranch was renamed the Black Canyon Inn and the restaurant became Twin Owls Steakhouse after the Twin Owls rock formation nearby. The rough-cut, hand-assembled logs, floor to ceiling rock fireplace, high beamed ceiling, balcony and original oak flooring offer an unparalleled mountain ambiance.

Favorite Dish: Filet and Shrimp Kabob is excellent

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Smoking' Dave BBQ and Taphouse: BBQ heaven

by oriettaIT Written Mar 7, 2014

We went to Smokin' Dave following an internet review, it was conveniently located nearby our studio and we decided to try.
    The restaurant is big and offer a large parking lot. The inside has a wooden cabin look and big tables.
    They have a big menu with a fantastic selection of barbecued meat. ON the table there are a all bunch, I think 6 different sauce included three house special with different level of spiciness.
    It is advisable to book ahead as it is very popular among locals and visitors.
    Their portion are very large, consider sharing or a doggy bag :)

Favorite Dish: I loved the Ale and cheese soup for a start but the real star of the place is the perfec BBQ meat!
    we came back twice and tried the Pulled pork, Beef brisket, ribs. Everything was cooked to perfection, juicy and delicious.
    Their beer selection is good too and we enjoyed our pints.

BBQ Combo Dining room Ale and cheese soup Thir menu
    • Beer Tasting

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Donut Haus: Recommended by Homer Simpson!

by Bunsch Written Feb 19, 2014

For more than thirty years, the Donut Haus has catered to the Estes Park sweet tooth with its incomparable donuts, partiers, cookies, breads, muffins, and other delicious offerings. As it happens, during my last visit, I was making one of my periodic attempts to stop eating so much sugar and I managed to stay away for four whole days before the aroma wafting out of 342 Moraine Avenue caught up with me. Goner. I am still listing this under "health food" because partaking is definitely a boon to mental health!

Summer Hours: 6 am to 12 pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day, Seven Days a Week

Winter Hours: 6 am to 12 pm, Tuesday through Sunday; closed Mondays

Favorite Dish: Try a "pinecone," Diane and Katy's version of a bear claw. Oh, just kill me now.

• Seniors

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House: Outstanding Barbeque, Fun Atmosphere

by Bunsch Written Feb 19, 2014

Smokin' Dave's claims to be "one of the highest BBQ joints in the USA" (at 7522 feet, that is) and invites patrons to "get sauced" with one of their four options: original, tangy, spicy, or Carolina mustard sauces. We had an outstanding meal there with, and I think it only took about a month for my cholesterol to return to normal. As with many similar establishments, you have a wide variety of meats from which to fill your belly, with cornbread, baked beans, and a range of side dishes. We didn't have even a smidgen of room to try the homemade apple cobbler or the bourbon pecan pie, but they looked delectable.

They also have 15 beers on tap. Sorry, I can't remember which one I tried.

Favorite Dish: Kind of a tie for me...I loved the Carolina pulled pork, but this was my first experience of Texas beef brisket and I'm just sorry Estes Park is so far from Rhode Island. Friends who picked the St. Louis style ribs were raving about them.

Yummy ribs (website photo)

• Rich62's Profile Photo

The Egg and I: a wide variety of sandwiches and breakfast items

by Rich62 Updated Aug 20, 2011

We eat whenever possible at these restaurants, located in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Estes Park (also in Kearney, Nebraska). the only downside is that, due to their popularity, there is often a waiting line to be seated. We try to go early for lunch (11:30 or so) and that helps.

Most Egg and I's are open only for breakfast and lunch, but not for dinner.

Favorite Dish: I love the Albacore Tuna sandwich, my wife likes the eggs benedict. Both are pictured below if you click the photo of the restaurant.

THE EGG AND I ALBACORE TUNA SANDWICH, WITH  POTATO SOUP EGGS BENEDICT WITH HASH BROWNS
    • Business Travel

• El Mex - Kal Family Mexican Restaurant: Awesome Fresh Mexican Food - Family Friendly

by woogiesahma Written Jul 20, 2011

Family friendly restaurant with great staff and awesome food! The food is fresh tasting and served in huge portions. NOT out of the can Mexican like so many!!!!

Favorite Dish: Recommend the Pollo Crema! The sour cream sauce is smooth and spiced just right. Chunks of white meat chicken cooked to perfection with sweet onions, green peppers and mushrooms served on a bed of rice with tomatoes and avocado wedges for garnishment.

Each platter is enough to serve at least 3 people! The freshness of the vegetables is very apparent. All the food is prepared fresh - not out of cans!

• Business Travel

• WanderingAimlessly's Profile Photo

Penelope's Old Fashion Hamburgers: Best Hamburger and Fries in Town

by WanderingAimlessly Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is not a fancy place to have lunch or dinner at, but it had a small town burger joint atmosphere that was refreshing. They had a good menu but the hamburgers and fries are their best items. They were inexpensive and the meal hit the spot.

Favorite Dish: A handmade hamburger and fresh cut fries, who could ask for more. They grill the onions with the hamburgers.

Penelope's Old Fashion Hamburgers Inside Penelope's

• Jewelslover's Profile Photo

Dunraven Inn: Local Style Italian Food

by Jewelslover Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place has a local feel (the staff seemed to know alot of the patrons) and great Italian food. It's a must if you like Italian. This restaurant has been around for a long time and has quite a good reputation. I would definately make a reservation before you go.

Make sure you leave your mark at the restaurant (you'll understand when you get there)

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken parmesan. It was a large serving in a bowl that was bubbling over with cheese and sauce. A+++ The hubby had lasagna. It was very good as well.

Dunraven Inn

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Cascades: Dining at the "Shining" Hotel

by Etoile2B Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cascades is one of the restaurants housed in the historic Stanley Hotel. It’s got a well-appointed dining room and the food is good. It’s nothing special but it’s not bad either. If you’re staying at the Stanley or just visiting the grounds it’s a decent place to grab some lunch. I don’t know how the dinner service is, so I can’t comment on that.

Favorite Dish: The club sandwich wasn’t bad. It’s nothing special, but it fills you up.

Cascades

• johngayton's Profile Photo

The Egg and I: Breakfast With An OLE

by johngayton Updated Jan 6, 2011

As might be eggs-spected (HA!) from the name this chain of Colorado and Texas restaurants (there's a couple of other branches scattered around the country) specialises in breakfasts. Delish they are too with the menu covering pretty much everything that you could possibly want and even a couple of options without eggs.

Decor and service are very much classic American Diner-style and none the worse for it. Despite being part of a chain pretty much everything is cooked to order, staff are friendly, service is prompt and prices very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: If I remember correctly I opted for the Scrambled Eggs with Sausage, Sweet Peppers and the Pork Green Chilli Sauce, washed down with fresh orange juice and copious coffee - spot on! The Eggs Benedict looked pretty good too. Well worth seeking out wherever you are!

Frontage

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Longtz Mountain Grill: Lobster Cheesecake Anyone?

by johngayton Updated Feb 25, 2010

The Longtz Mountain Grill is the restaurant at The Holiday Inn with food served either in the restaurant or bar.. The menu manages to be comprehensive without being overlong; ranging from classics such as Caesar Salad and pork ribs, through an interesting selection of grillled sandwiches and burgers and culminating in a small grill menu featuring hand-cut steaks.

The restaurant itself is fairly informal, more of a blond-wood diner than a hotel restaurant, and though it wasn't particularly busy on the evening we were there it had a pleasant laid-back atmosphere, assisted by the reasonably good guitar duo playing a selection of easy-listening classics.

Favorite Dish: Being more peckish than hungry we opted for a couple of appetizers at the bar. The crab cakes, with a smoked tomato relish and avocado aioli, were OK but not up to the standards of The Keystone Inn's which had sort of set the benchmark

In my case I couldn't resist trying the aforementioned lobster cheesecake, purely out of curiousity.

This was really delicious, chunky freshwater lobster baked in a not overpowering savoury cheesecake topped with a red pepper coulis, a lot more subtle and light than perhaps I had expected, but none the worse for that.

For two reasonably portioned appetizers, washed down with several beers (Fat Tire on draught) the less than $30 bill was excellent value for money.

Bar Food The Guitarists
    • Beer Tasting

• Wild Rose Inn: Really bad food worse service

by RhondaVargas Updated Dec 22, 2009

Worst restaurant in Estes..... and I have tried all the restaurants. I visit this area several times each year for vacation.

I was unlucky enough to eat here over the weekend. I never send food back I think it is rude but this was not something I would even consider eating. I should have noticed there were only two other people in the restaurant.

The food was so bad I complained to the waitress a number of times which she ignored.

When I finally tried to send the meal back she rolled her eyes at me and walked away, she came back and said I would have to pay for it since that is how it is made and she couldn't help that I didn't like it.

I reminded her that before I ordered I asked her what was in the dish, she was very irritated and answered imitation crab. I should have walked out right then.

I didn't expect uncooked mushroom caps dripping with a cold tastless mayonaise mess covered in warm swiss cheese. This did not sound like stuffed mushrooms to me.

I explained to her that if her patrons were unhappy she should offer another item or not charge the meal, she left again.

I waited for what seemed like 10 minutes then decided it was not worth the trouble paid the bill and told the owner how bad the food and service was, he just stood at the desk not saying a word he just laughed a little.

Favorite Dish: Any other restaurant in Estes is better than this one.

• Toughluck's Profile Photo

DeLeo's: Deli

by Toughluck Written Dec 4, 2009

Just up from Elkhorn, next to the Theater. Not a New York Deli, but it's the best out west. They've even won national awards. Friendly, right next to the river, outdoor and indoor seating.

Favorite Dish: Pastrami on rye is always my test of a deli's quality. They pass.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Estes Park

Comments

Estes Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Estes Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estes Park sightseeing.