Estes Park Restaurants

by oriettaIT

Most Recent Restaurants in Estes Park

• Smokin Dave's BBQ and Taphouse: The Best BBQ in Colorado

by debshebert Written Oct 14, 2009

WOW!!!!!!! I thought we Southerners knew how to cook barbecue and fixins but they've got someone knowledgeable in this kitchen here too. Incredibly generous portions, friendly service and the only place in Estes Park that serves sweet iced tea (that I've found so far). I tried both the pulled pork sandwich and even returned later in the week and had ribs. Don't miss the sweet potato fries...to die for.

Favorite Dish: BBQ ribs

• Estes Park Brewery: Estes Park Brewery - Don't go for the food!

by ep62864 Written Jun 14, 2009

Beer tasting downstairs was nice. You could sample the beers before buying one. Too bad you couldn't sample the food - definately don't go here for the food. The burgers we ordered were dry and tasteless. The onion rings were ok. My $10 Long Island ice tea was bad. If you go - go for the beer, but not the food. $43 for two dry hamburgers, one beer and a Long Island Ice Tea, that didn't get drank --- seemed pretty pricey!

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

Mama Rose's: Italian on the River Walk

by Tom_Fields Written Sep 28, 2008

Mama Rose's

Here is a fine Italian restaurant, conveniently located right on the River Walk. Owned by Julie and Rob Pieper, who have some other restaurants in town.

Favorite Dish: The lasagne was excellent. They also have a good wine selection.

• Wine Tasting

• Wild Rose Food and Spirits: DON"T EAT HERE!!!

by ssing45 Written Aug 7, 2007

The Wild Rose Restaurant, on Elkhorn, is quite disappointing. From serving pressed whitefish and calling it crab meat on the menu, to unchewable filet mignion, this eating establishment should be avoided at all costs. The cheese sauce that was loaded on several of our dishes (even when one of the dishes was requested PLAIN) was horrible and ruined the pasta and the FAKE crabmeat. When I did complain about the quality issues to our server, who stated she was in training yet had no one over seeing her, she apologized and then disappeared, leaving us waiting quite a while to receive our check. Also, we had to instruct her through out the service in order to receive the basics of our meal like bread! No one came to our table to offer an apology for the poor food. A dinner for three, without drinks, averages around $70.00 without tip so eating here is not a small mistake. Avoid this joint like the plaque!!!

Favorite Dish: None, it was all sub standard. Well, I guess the iced tea was pretty good.

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

• The Grubsteak: Awesome buffalo burgers!

by sfeekes Written Jul 6, 2007

We ran across this place while we were walking around downtown. It was just right there when we got hungry. I didn't get a good look at the interior because we set outside on the patio. It's well covered so there's plenty of shade and there was a nice breeze. It was very nice for lunch. We all tried the buffalo burgers and they were delicious. We meant to get back there for dinner but we didn't quite make it.

• Hunter's Chophouse: Good but overpriced

by sfeekes Written Jul 6, 2007

Sort of outdoorsy with log pillars, beams and a nice rock fireplace. Not a huge dining room but at least the tables weren't crowded together. I had trout and my husband had the pork chop. The food was good but not great and the prices were a tiny bit high. No salad before dinner and no rolls or bread of any sort.

• Village Pizza: Awesome Pizza!

by megsoc13 Written Mar 4, 2007

Village Pizza has excellent pizza that you can eat in or take home and bake. I think it tastes better if you eat in.

Also has arcade games.

Favorite Dish: The Florentino pizza has chicken, black olives, Kalamata olives, spinach, and maybe tomatoes. There's a taste of olive oil and garlic to it.

• Ed's Cantina: Ed's Cantina went downhill

by megsoc13 Written Mar 4, 2007

Ed's Cantina used to be full of character and great food but hasn't been anything special since they remodeled a few years ago. The menu changed, the atmosphere changed, and my opinion changed. I gave a few tries just to be sure, but I won't be going back.

• Hunters Chop House: Stay away ...

by debc15 Written Jan 3, 2007

Have tried this place twice. First time the buffalo was so tough and grissly I couldn't chew it. Heard from others it's a good place so tried it one more time. This time a spoon was hiding in the bottom of my soup bowl. I only hope it was MY soup spoon and not leftover from someone else.

Favorite Dish: none.

• wsucr1's Profile Photo

Mary's Lake Lodge: The Tavern: Don't be fooled by the promise of "view"

by wsucr1 Written Sep 10, 2006

We went to the restaurant of the Marys Lake Lodge as a guidebook promised: "good food with a great view." Well, the great view part is correct, but only if you can get a table by the window (we did not). The view is better outside.

There is no sign on the approach road for this place. There was a long wait, despite open tables visible to those waiting. Even once we were seated, service was painfully slow. It took even longer to bring out our food. Several waiters/bartenders (possibly managers) were hovering constantly nearby - but they were completely oblivious to our wait.

Food was bad. The calamari was extremely greasy, and the meatloaf had no taste/flavour.

We recommend you skip this place if you're visiting Estes Park.

Favorite Dish: None. Everything we ordered tasted bad.

• wsucr1's Profile Photo

Deleo's Park Theater Cafe & Deli: Great place for breakfast/Luinch

by wsucr1 Written Sep 10, 2006

Owner Tom Deleo and his sister behind the counter

Located in the Theater shopping area in downtown Estes Park. As soon as we walked through the door, the owner made us feel very welcome. The food is great: we followed the owner's (Tom Deleo) advise and had a great lunch. Tom is very friendly, outgoing, anxious to make the guests feel like a part of this family owned/operated deli. This deli also appears to be a favourite among locals.

Favorite Dish: Chicken salad sandwich.

• Shaken_Bake's Profile Photo

Estes Park Brewery: Home of Staggering Elk Lager!

by Shaken_Bake Written Apr 30, 2006

Estes Park Brewery

I’m married to a beer-loving Canadian who was delighted to find that there is a brewpub in wilds of the Rocky Mountains. Whenever we visit Estes Park, the Estes Park Brewery is always our first stop in town!

The brewery is in a large white building that is hard to miss driving up Moraine Avenue, just past the go-cart park. The restaurant and bar are upstairs in a large, open room. Along one side of the room are windows that overlook the brewery room below, with huge metal tanks to hold the different beers. The menu is composed of basic bar food, such as burgers, pizza, and appetizers. It has a good menu for lunch or dinner, the food is reasonably priced, and families are welcome.

In addition to seasonal specials, there are six beers normally offered by Estes Park Brewery, with names to match the location, such as Trail Ridge Red; Long’s Peak Raspberry Red; and my favorite, Staggering Elk Lager! The downstairs area contains the gift shop and a tasting counter where visitors can sample the various brews. I also enjoy the flavor of Stinger Wild Honey Wheat, which has a higher alcohol content due to the yeast fermenting the honey… yum (hic!) The beer is sold by the bottle, so you can mix-and-match a six-pack or case. We always get a supply for our stay to enhance our Rocky Mountain sunsets from the comfort of our deck (but remember, the elk get mad if you drink and drive, since the elk DO own the road up here!).

Favorite Dish: They have an excellent garden burger, which I love. The wings and nachos are also pretty decent.

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

• Shaken_Bake's Profile Photo

Mountain Home Cafe: Where the Locals Eat Breakfast

by Shaken_Bake Written Oct 11, 2005

This restaurant is known as where the locals go for breakfast and lunch. It's in the strip mall next to Safeway, so it doesn't have the benefit of a central location of many other popular establishments, although plenty of free parking is a draw! The decor is mom-and-pop diner; crafts and photographs on the wall and unremarkable tables and booths in a brightly lit space. They also have a small outdoor patio for warm weather dining. They serve breakfast and lunch all day until 2:30 pm (no dinner service).

We arrived around 10 am on a Columbus Day Monday and were surprised at the crowd; the hostess explained that because they never usually have such traffic on a weekday, they only had one waitress for all the tables. We weren't in a hurry and agreed to be patient with the service. The waitress was friendly and apologetic and the wait to get our orders was not unduly long.

The Mountain Home Cafe menu has an extensive menu with standard breakfast and lunch fare. Fruity pancakes are popular, as well as their famous Baked Alaska Oatmeal. Unfortunately, my meal selection wasn't as tasty as I expected! I ordered a Veggie Scramble (no further description), which seemed harmless enough. Yuck! I expected the vegetables to be onions, peppers and tomatoes, what one would normally find in an omelet. What I got was formerly frozen carrots, peas and zucchini tossed into scrambled eggs! I was able to separate the vegetables from the egg and have enough to eat, but given the service situation, I didn't want to complain. My bad for not confirming what was in the dish! My husband had pancakes and sausage and enjoyed every bite!

The prices seem to be on par with other tourist breakfast spots; our bill totalled $17.00 including coffee, tea and juice. The portions were generous and came with sides like hashbrowns and toast, so it's not a bad value. Although I didn't have good luck with my order, I would try them again and make sure I asked about what goes into the dish if I'm not sure!

Favorite Dish: Anything else but the Veggie Scramble!

• Adventure Travel
    • Seniors

• WanderingAimlessly's Profile Photo

The Notchtop Bakery and Cafe: Excellent Breakfast

by WanderingAimlessly Updated Sep 23, 2005

This wonderful restaurant can be easily missed if you don't look for it. This is a restaurant, bakery & coffee shop. They serve breakfast, lunch & dinner every day. They have the best coffee in town. My husband could have sat there and drank it all day long. They serve great breakfasts - both menu options and specials. The price was extremely reasonable, considering the size of the meal you got. Lots of locals go there. Most tourist were down the road at the Egg and I. They also have free wireless internet.

Favorite Dish: Their French Toast and Pancakes were excellent.

• WanderingAimlessly's Profile Photo

Sweet Basilico Cafe: Best Italian in Town

by WanderingAimlessly Updated Sep 23, 2005

The food is outstanding! The restaurant is very small, so reservations are recommend, even during off-peak season. We went early and got a lucky break and a table. There is no ambience but the service and food make up for it.

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu looks delicious. I had the chicken fettucine alfredo. The best garlic and cheese sauce in the world. Best dining experience we had in all of Estes Park.

Instant Answers: Estes Park

Comments

Estes Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Estes Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estes Park sightseeing.