Estes Park Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Estes Park

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Gazebo restaurant: Gazebo restaurant

by goingsolo Written Jan 27, 2005

The Gazebo is a quiet little Italian restaurant on the main street, known as Elkhorn Avenue, which serves great food. The pasta was excellent and the shrimp coctail surprisingly fresh. The bread pudding with white chocolate sauce was delicious as well.

• Jehcekah's Profile Photo

Wild Rose Food and Spirits: Wild Rose Food and Spirits

by Jehcekah Written Oct 21, 2004

Wild Rose, Estes Park

We came into Estes Park in order to find a nice restaurant for dinner. We were hoping for somewhere a little nicer than a bar and grill, but since selection is limited in the town, we chose Wild Rose Food and Spirits. There was a nice specials menu displayed outside of the restaurant and since it was Friday, they were having a fish fry. We went inside and asked if we could be seated at one of the outside tables. Our waitress brought our menus and took our order within minutes. I ordered the fish fry and my husband ordered a sirloin with mushroom gravy sauce. The people sitting behind us also ordered off of the specials menu and they were told to help themselves to the salad bar. After taking our order, the waitress disappeared without bringing us drinks or anything else. My husband had to go back inside to find out if he was supposed to also get the salad bar. While he was inside asking, another waiter brought us our food. I told him that we had not gotten our drinks yet and that my husband was not told that he should get salad. The waiter semi-apologized and told me that the waitress was fairly new. My husband finally came back out with his soup and salad to see that our food had been at the table for a while and was getting cold. The waitress finally brought us our drinks and also apologized for the mix-up. No one ever offered to heat up our food or compensate for their error in any way.

The waitress never us our bill because she had again disappeared. We had to go inside the restaurant to hunt her down and get our bill in order to pay it. While deciding how small of a tip to leave, we discovered that she had charged us for the salad bar which a) should have been included with the special and b) she never told us about. My husband complained and she had to redo the whole bill, which took her another 20 minutes. Finally she got it right, we paid and started to leave when we saw the manager (the waiter from before). He said, "She's new. You know, that happens sometimes."

Favorite Dish: The food was below average and the portions were small. My piece of fish was over cooked and the breading was burnt. I also got fries with the meal, which were cold by the time I got to eat them. My husband's steak was a bad cut of meat smothered in bland sauce. We were not impressed.

Not only did we have to struggle through the entire dining process, but we never got a fair apology from anyone.

I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Scotlass's Profile Photo

The Wild Rose: Surf and Turf - OMG!!

by Scotlass Written Nov 27, 2002

A little pricey but well worth the cost!!
    An intimate restaurant set inside a quaint little "Galleria". Split into two sections you have the slightly more casual setting to the right and the linen clad tables on the left - pay no heed to where they seat you - the food is incredible.
    The service is a little staid, we weren't too impressed with our waitress but again, the food makes up for it.
    Look out for special flyers on the outside billboard - we lucked out on a two for one dinner!!

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon and Lobster ($22.50). Served with a delicious mushroom style sauce, an artistic display of al-dente vegetables and your choice of soup and salad from a salad bar.

A MUST HAVE

• I was only 19 years old there,...

by jlvillalba Written Oct 4, 2002

I was only 19 years old there, and it was 5 years ago...the food was different that expected, lot of meat, mexican food and barbeque....
    Nothing interesting, only a place called Lazy-b-ranch, with a bizarre far west espectacle....i was invited afortunately

• Rich62's Profile Photo

ESTES PARK BREWERY: A NICE MEAL

by Rich62 Written Sep 25, 2006

THE ESTES PARK BREWERY

THE FOOD WAS GOOD, SO WAS THE BEER. DOWNSTAIRS YOU CAN TASTE SAMPLES OF THEIR BEERS, THERE IS NO CHARGE.

two photos attached.

Favorite Dish: HONEY WHEAT BEER

• Beer Tasting
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Estes Park

Comments

Estes Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Estes Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estes Park sightseeing.