Georgetown Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Georgetown

• Small_World's Profile Photo

Serenity: Miracle Worker

by Small_World Updated Aug 8, 2006

I was walking the streets of Georgetown, killing time until my meeting started, and wasn't planning on going into any stores...but some incredible shoes caught my eye. I normally don't like local boutiques, because they are usually way out of my price range, but those shoes were calling my name.

The store owner was a slender, stylish woman who told me that there's no way I could find any of her clothes in Denver, that they were mostly European-made, and did I want to try anything on?

I told her that nothing looks good on me, that I have to be the only size-4 woman who looks overweight. She said there's no way she couldn't make me look good. I said there's no way she could make me look good. So she accepted the challenge, and we spent the next couple of hours trying on virtually everything in the store.

She has such a way of making women feel good about themselves, and she did make me look so good that I ended up buying...well...let's just say I overcame my shopping reticence.

What to buy: And yes, I did buy some shoes. 2 pairs (I'll post a picture later--they are fabulous!)

And I bought some beautiful skirts to wear with them. If you can't find your size, she will have it tailored for you--she really wants you to feel good about yourself, no matter what your size!

It is worth a trip to Georgetown just to meet this woman. Tell her Susan sent you.

What to pay: About what you'd pay in a nice department store.

Serenity
    • Women's Travel

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Fort Mackinaw Candy Factory: Chocolate Delicacies

by Callavetta Written Aug 22, 2004

I first ventured into Georgetown in search of the very creative chef who had recently left the Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone. I heard that he was hanging out a the Candy Factory with his Father while he researched his next restaurant opportunity. And that's when we discovered the delicious offerings at the Fort Mackinaw Candy Factory. There are so many different choices to be found here. And the owners generously let you sample before you select what you want to buy. My favorite was an Aztec Bark, a dark chocolate and crushed almond treat with chili (and quite a bite!)

What to buy: The candy is what brought me to the shop. You can also buy ice cream treats and a varitety of china and other curiosities.

Candy Factory

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo

old fashioned GENERAL STORE: grocery shopping

by Jeannette1 Written Nov 28, 2005

This grocery store is like walking back in time. Very colorful displays, lots of merchandise and an old ice-cream counter.
    Don't miss it!

What to buy: groceries

General Store

Instant Answers: Georgetown

Comments

Georgetown Shopping

Reviews and photos of Georgetown shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Georgetown sightseeing.