Glenwood Springs Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Glenwood Springs

• VirtualAmy's Profile Photo

Italian Underground: Worth Waiting For

by VirtualAmy Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a very special place located in one of the oldest buildings in downtown Glenwood Springs. As the name states, it is underground and the ambiance is of true old world Italy - family style. They have about 15 tables and do not take reservations so you are likely to wait if you arrive past six p,m. There is a small bar and they do offer beverages during your wait. The food is phenomenal and each meal comes with salad and gelato for dessert. Arrive early and there will be no wait but don't worry if you have to wait a few, its worth it.

Favorite Dish: My son and I always share a pizza or a plate of spaghetti.

• Wine Tasting
    • Gay and Lesbian

• Juicy Lucy's: Not Good

by kathytroxel Written Oct 8, 2007

Oct 6, 2007.
    There were six of us. We waited 45 minutes for a table and then were told that we could not sit together. They could not put two tables together. Yet a group of about 10 were already seated and had three tables together and were in the process of dining.

My husband and I ordered the special. I ordered the steak special which was $28 dollars. As we waited, people came in after us, got seated quickly and were served their meals and left. We waited and waited and waited for our meal. We were the last people served.
    A dollar menu meal would have been better than the steak I was served. I complained to the waiter, he disappeared and never came back till he delivered our check.
    He did offer a free dessert, but we had to pay for the steak.
    Salads and veggies are an extra charge.
    Very poorly run and the specials are over priced for the quality of food.

Favorite Dish: Nightly specials not recommended

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Peppo Nino: How about Italian!

by painterdave Written Sep 10, 2006

Peppo Nino's storefront

Step back into the 50's and visit Peppo Ninos of Glenwood Springs. The atmosphere is dark and quaint. Their menu is your basic Italian fare, nothing fancy, but it is prepared well.
    If you need a change from fast food, and the brewery fare, this might be to your liking.

Favorite Dish: We tried several different items and they were all very good. This is not food from a factory back east, so expect preparation to take a bit longer.
    It is located one block from the train station along the main street. Park along the street that is parallel to the train station.

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Glenwood Brewery: Glenwood Canyon Brewpub

by painterdave Written Sep 10, 2006

Around the corner is where Doc Holliday died

They have at least ten different beers that they make and the restaurant has a good menu of diversified things that go with beer. Although they have steak and ribs, I suggest the many kinds of sandwiches or even the sourdough chili, stew or soup bowl.
    You won't need reservations except possibly July and early August.
    Walk around the corner to see where the famous Gunslinger from the cowboy era, Doc Holliday, died. But leave your sixguns in the car.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten here many times, and my latest favorite is their stew served in a sourdough bowl.
    If you are not a big beer fan, you should at least try the Hanging Lake beer. If you are a beer fan you can try a small portion of each to find your favorite.
    The atmosphere is fun, festive with lots of polished wood.
    You can park in their lot which is east of the building.

• Beer Tasting

• kimod74's Profile Photo

Juicy's Lucy's: Juicy Lucy's-Great Steaks!

by kimod74 Written Aug 11, 2005

Great Food. The rest of the staff was fantastic except for our stand off waiter who didn't seem happy that we were there for some reason! I felt like the whole time we were "annoying" him, he acted like "oh god, not another customer tonight." Terrible .... but the food was excellent, drinks excellent and the rest of the staff were fantastic. Delicious shrimp cocktails!

• Buffalo Valley Inn: Great Food

by angeliam Written Aug 26, 2003

Jeans are welcome, Great Food- just dont ask the waiter if they have Thin Ice (its a malted beverage)- he told me no the only ice they have is whats in my H2O glass. I just think of that every time and laugh.
    Great waiter he's worked there for years.

Favorite Dish: The salad bar was good, and everything we ordered was great. We eat their everytime any of us go up to GS

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Rafting
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Glenwood Springs

Comments

Glenwood Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Glenwood Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Glenwood Springs sightseeing.

View all Glenwood Springs hotels