Greeley Restaurants

A bit of Bubba's parking lot
    by kymbanm
    Two of my dining companions that night...
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Greeley

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Perkin's Restaurant and Bakery: Not ALWAYS worth a stop ...

by kymbanm Updated Apr 4, 2011

Two of my dining companions that night ...

Perkins is popular as it's open all night and close to the University. The only other consistently GOOD thing I can say is the staff are friendly. I went here twice, and had two completely different experiences.

During my late night visit, I found the food horrible! As hungry as I was, I couldn't finish my meal. Now mind you, in the middle of the night, meals after a college performance usually incluce things fried. I should also say fried things are usually hard to mess up to this degree.... but the kitchen staff at Perkins did exactly that. My 'melt' sandwich had a strange taste - like the grill wasn't too clean. The fries has a different odd taste - like old grease in the trap. The only thing I liked was the garnish on my plate. The only person in our group who seemed to enjoy their meal had chosen soup!

So, be cautious if you choose to eat here in the wee hours ....

That being said, I did return for breakfast. Now THAT was good! Normal breakfast fare, but this time the meals did not have the odd taste, and were filling. The baked goods were fresh and wonderful ... including the breads served with my meal. We enjoyed our omelettes, potatoes, and other breakfast-y foods. The place was bustling, and we didn't have to wait for a table long at all either!

This being said, I'd approach this establishment with a bit of caution ... but I wouldn't turn away without trying it yourself.

Bubba's: Bar-B-Que! Yummmmm!

by kymbanm Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bubba's Entrance

We were a little lost, and didn't have the patience to find the place we were really heading to by this point - we were starving! We spotted Bubba's and decided to give it a try.

The decor is typical western BBQ joint: woods, big tables, and happy folks muching away.

Despite our hunger, we would have noticed if the food sucked. It SO did NOT suck! It was tastey, moist, and wonderful! The beef made my stomach smile it was so good ... and the BBQ sauce was excellent, not too sweet or too spicey. Perfection.

To boot,we enjoyed some giant caramel covered apples as desert..... amazing really. Ginormous and sprinkled with pecans! I am smiling just remembering this food .....

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Young's Cafe: Vietnamese eats :)

by kymbanm Written Jun 24, 2006

My sister recommended this place for our sisterly bonding meal .. and I am so glad she did! Located in a strip mall, the exterior is nothing to brag about, but the interior has a stream, a fish pond, and feels wonderfully serene.

The spring rolls (a perenial favorite of mine) were delicious. Our rice bowls were simple and tastey. My only problem was our service did leave much to be desired. It took forever to have our order taken, and our waiter didn't check on us. I finally went to the kitchen myslef to get our chopsticks and sauces :( This could have been a bad day for the waiter, or it could be normal for lunch hour, I really don't know. But the service issues are not enough to keep me from tyring this place again - good food is too special to let little glitches keep me away :)

• joepinner's Profile Photo

The Magnus Restaurant: One of my favorites for lunch or dinner!

by joepinner Written Nov 2, 2005

I especially like this restaurant for great sandwiches for lunch. They have a great menu.

Favorite Dish: While they have a great supper menu, and often have live entertainment in the evenings, I enjoy their lunch menu and often go there for a great club sandwich and fries.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Fat Albert's: Cakes, pies and torts - oh my!!!!

by kymbanm Written Apr 11, 2005

An unassuming entry

This eatery is a local sandwich/dessert stop. We found it the first time while wandering the streets of Greeley. I stopped an elderly gentleman and asked if there was someplace good to eat nearby. He smiled, pointed to the end of the block and said - just past the bank in that shopping center - you'll love it.

Boy was he right!

We've been back for every trip, munching our way through the dessert menu - and the specials :)

Favorite Dish: Our favorites are the quiche specials, and any pie you choose will make you smile. Their fresh fruit as a side is also fantastic - real seasonal fruit w/ skins and rinds ..... nothing on that dish has been near a can :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Tio Juan's: Mexican food worth the stop!

by kymbanm Written Mar 6, 2005

Tio Juan's is a wonderful local joint, with pleasant decor and excellent food. Locals and visitors both frequent this eatery.

The service was prompt and professional, they even humored us as we practiced our spanish :)

All of the food we had for our group was wonderful and flavorful ... but the best was ....

Favorite Dish: The garlic shrimp and the seafood soup (sopa de mascarenas) were the best of the best! The soup was full of various fishies and such, and the shrimp was a bite of heaven!

• Business Travel

Corragio's: The best Italian food in Greeley

by kymbanm Written Mar 6, 2005

Heavenly food ...at heavenly prices :)

Corragios is right off south campus, and caters to students and locals. They are a nice bunch of folks, who take their cooking and customer service seriously.

The interior is simple, but with homey touches - they place tablecloths and candles for their evening buffet :) If you prefer, there are a few outdoor tables to allow you to dine al fresco ....

Paper and plastic are your dining utensils, and you bus your own tables, but don't let the simplicity of the surroundings fool you - this is the best food deal, and best tasting italian I've had in ages!

Favorite Dish: We did the dinner buffet and were so pleased! There was spagetti, pene pasta in vodka sauce, chicken and eggplant parmesian, mussles, shrimp, sausage and peppers, lasange, breads, salads, and desserts to 'die for' .... They also have subs and a full menu - but this buffet is the best one I've eaten at in years!

I love, but am pickey about my eggplant parmesian. I can honestly say I haven't had a dish this good for over 10 years!

Oh, and the desserts!!!!!!! A wonderful white cake w/ real whipped cream frosting, and filled w/ bannana and strawberies, cheesecake, and may I add the mini cannoles that I nicknamed 'chocolate dipped orgasm' :)

This feast cost us 12.50$ a person - you can't beat this deal :)

• Business Travel

• All emcompassing notes: A lot to choose from

by Neillb Written Jan 6, 2004

Greeley has plenty of small, local place to eat (Why travel anywhere if you only use the National Brands?) & there are a number a very good value Mexican shops. If you want to smoke though, travel the tiny distance to Garden City. Beware the rougher bars but there are some great family owned eating bars there with good service.

Favorite Dish: For a place so far from the sea, Garden City does a mean gumbo

• Echo (Japanese/Sushi) or...

by jeff.kristin Written Aug 26, 2002

Echo (Japanese/Sushi) or Kite's Cafe (Vietnamese). Runner up: Fat Albert's
    Echo, Kite's, and Fat Albert's are all small, friendly, and family-owned. Echo and Kite's offer a quiet, secluded atmosphere while Fat Albert's is busy and bustling.

Favorite Dish: Shake (salmon sushi), steamed sea bass. Runner up: Fat Albert's chocolate cream pie. If you want to try some greate local beers, try Fat Alberts.

Instant Answers: Greeley

Comments

Greeley Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Greeley restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Greeley sightseeing.