Keystone Sports & Outdoors

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Here's Something I Never Thought I Would Write

by johngayton Updated Feb 20, 2006

The Intrepid Skier

I never thought I would write an actual sports travel tip in which I am actually participating. I have written a sports tip on my Budapest page, and I suppose I was participating, but in a very idiosyncratic fashion.

I suppose there is a first for everything and here it is!

I have to thank VT for this, for without the site I would never have gone to Colorado, would never have thought about trying my hand at cross-country skiing, though I do have an ulterior motive for learning!

Equipment: As a total novice I cannot really recommend equipment, or where to get it, though it seems to me that skis are quite useful, as are boots and ski-poles come in handy too.

What I can recommend however is my new range of skiwear, pictured above, which will be exclusively available to VT members next season. I anticipate that this style of skiwear will be a must-have next year and am currently negotiating sole distribution rights with several international companies.

For VT members I am pleased to offer an exclusive pre-season price of $10,000 for the whole outfit, excluding boots. Sizes available in small, medium and large beer-gut fittings.

To take advantage of this one-off offer, send credit card details to me here on VT mail along with sizes required.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Beer Tasting

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Swimming

by Callavetta Written Jan 4, 2004

Steam from the heated pool

Keystone Lodge has an indoor/outdoor heated pool, gym and spa. The heated pool is comfortable even in the dead of winter. It was 1 degree F (-17 C) when I took this photo!

Instant Answers: Keystone

Comments

Keystone Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Keystone sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Keystone sightseeing.