Manitou Springs Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Manitou Springs

• OlenaKyiv's Profile Photo

If you drive a car

by OlenaKyiv Written May 29, 2007

Please, hold to speed limits on the streets of Manitou Springs. Because this town is so small and there are often many pedestrians, the authorities are very strict about traffic rules. Moreover, streets have many pedestrian crossings, and residents of Manitou Springs don't tolerate cars with high speed, they may just get out on the street and walk across without stopping and looking at the road. By the way, they walk across the streets in established for this places. So I think there cannot be a blame that they are so stubborn in cursing the driver who almost ran over the lawabiding resident.

• Zealous Police

by GrandpaToo Written Jul 10, 2009

We visited this town and got socked with a $25 ticket for parking more than a foot from the curb. The ticket claims that we were over 2 feet from the curb, a great exaggeration. Before we pulled out we noted that our small Kia Rio was not protruding out in the street any further than the car parked before or behind us. The ticket says you can go to the municipal hall to appear at court up to 4:30 p.m. We arrived shortly after 4 and the place was deserted. A small sign tells you to go next store to Police Dispatch. When I indicated that the ticket said I could go to the court, they offered to make an appointment. Yea, like someone from the east coast is going to come back to this rinky dink town to contest it! The man behind me ended up paying $15 for parking 20 minutes beyond the 3 hour limit. I could park in downtown Philadelphia for $25 all day. I think that the town has designed it's laws to make a killing off out of towners. There must be more authentic towns that have figured out a better way to make money, find them, not this tourist trap.

Instant Answers: Manitou Springs

Comments

Manitou Springs Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Manitou Springs warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manitou Springs sightseeing.

View all Manitou Springs hotels