Ouray Restaurants

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Family Dining Main Street Restaurant: Quick lunch

by Martinewezel Written May 10, 2005

Ouray CO

Although it's an utopian dream notto be recognized as foreign tourists, this restaurant is a perfect place to be blend among the locals and to be treated as a normal person, instead of walking wallet.

We had a lot of fun, the food and the service was ok, we were satisfied.

• samprice11's Profile Photo

Backstreet Bagel: great lunch at Backstreet bagel

by samprice11 Written Apr 26, 2006

Have been here a few times and every time the food and service has been great. Really good bagels with loads of choice of fillings plus pastries and other snacks. Also did a good selection of coffees. Top place to stop of for lunch right in the middle of town. Also, it's a smoke free restaurant.

• uaamom's Profile Photo

Backstreet Bagels: Backstreet Bagels is on Main Street

by uaamom Written Jul 6, 2009

Good bagels. A little pricey ($6.35 for the Meatlover's) but so is everything else in Ouray, as it's expensive to transport things in and energy costs are high.
    My husband loves the cinnamon rolls but I didn't think they were anything to write home about.
    Luckily you can refill your own coffeee, because there was a long wait for our food.
    It was busy on Sunday morning and it was s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w. Maybe the staff had too much 4th of July fun the night before. The manager was working and she wasn't happy and it showed in her every comment to customers.

I found these comments elsewhere:...

We stopped in for sandwich during our late June vacation to Ouray. By far our worst food experience. The place was not clean. The service was extremely slow. The lady that prepared our sandwiches did not wear gloves. The bread was stale. It was not a $9 sandwich...ý

More from tripadvisor.com »
    high prices poor qualityý - A TripAdvisor Memberý - Sep 13, 2008
    Dark blend coffee was cold, medium was OK. We tried several of their pastries and they were extremely dry and bland. My wife's Italian soda was also undrinkable. Management didn't care. We mentioned our poor experiance to a local shop keeper who's reaction was, "They're not the best"

...ý

Favorite Dish: The sun-dried tomato and the salt and garlic bagels, with savory fillings.

• Mountain Climbing

• Bon Ton: A bad experience at one of my favorites

by gjjim Written May 18, 2008

Bon Ton is located on Ouray's main street in the basement of the St. Elmo, an old, restored hotel. The decor is cozy and the atmosphere strikes a nice balance between casual and elegant. On past visits we always experienced excellent food and service and I recommended Bon Ton to anyone asking about a good restaurant in Ouray.

Last November we decided to get out of town for Thanksgiving and thought a day trip to Ouray and dinner at Bon Ton might make for a memorable family outing. The restaurant offered its usual menu of Italian dishes and also had a Thanksgiving dinner special for $24. When we arrived it was busy, but no busier than we'd seen on other visits. After being seated it was obvious that the kitchen and staff couldn't handle the crowd or the menu. Our salads arrived with no dressing and our server never bothered to check after dropping them off. Other tables received bread, but not ours. When I asked our server, she looked annoyed and said they would send some out when the kitchen baked it! I ordered the turkey dinner and was shocked to see the meat consisted of a store-bought turkey roast with white meat on the top and dark meat glued to the bottom of each slice! To be fair, the home made cranberry sauce was good, but for $24 I expected something better than TV-dinner fare.

I know one bad visit isn't a trend, but after this experience I cannot recommend Bon Ton to others until they redeem themselves. Caveat Emptor.

Favorite Dish: Veal Piccata - perfectly cooked veal with a sauce that isn't too tart.

Instant Answers: Ouray

Comments

Ouray Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ouray restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ouray sightseeing.