Pueblo Restaurants

Plate
    sopapilla
    Front

Best Rated Restaurants in Pueblo

• Favorite restaurant is Texas...

by suzy1112 Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite restaurant is Texas Roadhouse in Pueblo. Someone mentioned Chinese food. I'm originally from NH and the Chinese food there is the best! The best Chinese food I have found out west, is Tea Palace in Pueblo West and China Dragon in Castle Rock. China Dragon is the closest to NH chinese food I have tasted, it is SOOOO good!!

Favorite Dish: My favorite menu would be lamb shish-ka-bob but they don't have any Greek restaurants in this area.

• The Daily Grind: The Best Coffee In Town!

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Excellent atmosphere, friendly knowledgeable staff. Great place to see local artwork displayed, delicious coffe and fare. Age group tends to range 15-65. Depending on the time of day (or night) you'll see people of ALL different kinds. Also a neat place to go and catch an occasional poetry reading or some local music. Be sure to wander the historic district and the riverwalk afterwards. Take a look at all of the neat shops in the area. Also of note there is a small kiosk located in the Pueblo library on Abriendo.

Favorite Dish: Caramel Rooibos Latte-sticky, rich, and obnoxiously sweet madagascar red tea with all the fattening goodness you could want!

• Adolfo Mexican Food: Traditional Mexican Food

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Very small, hole in the wall. Always warm inside, clean, very very busy during lunch. Delicious traditional mexican food, don't go in expecting Taco Bell. Open 24 hours a day, the staff speaks very little english, however don't let that discourage you, their comprehension is excellent. Speedy service, there is nothing on the menu over $6. Great for college students, or families traveling on budget. Their burritos are enormous, they don't skimp on anything. Order to go as it is usually very busy there.

Favorite Dish: Machaca burrito-shredded beef, scrambled eggs, tomatos, bell peppers, and onions.
    Breakfast burrito-eggs, ham, bacon, cheese, and french fries.
    California burrito-carne asada, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, french fries, and onions.

All three are delicious, and none cost over $3.50.

• Miyake Japanese Restaurant: Awesome Sushi!

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Small, family owned, sushi bar/steak house. Nicely decorated, polite, friendly staff. Delicious fare, for a moderate price. Their boats are huge, and meal presentation is quite beautiful. They have a visual menu of all the different types of sushi/sashimi they serve. They also have wonderful mongolian barbeque, and pretty tasty miso soup. Your choice of chilled or warm sake, plum wine, domestic and imported beer, soda, and the like. Family friendly atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Spicy Tuna Rolls
    Steamed soy beans
    Miso soup

• Angelo's Pizza Parlor And-A-More: Pizza- enough said!

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Some of the best pizza you'll find in Pueblo. Huge pies, fairly priced, and loaded with the good stuff! Definately well worth the money and wait.

Favorite Dish: I cannot remember the exact name of the pizza I ordered, however it was a white pizza and it was delicious!
    Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, artichokes, mushrooms, spinach, and chicken.

• Pass Key Restaurant: Sandwich heaven

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

This place has been around for over 50 years, and is quite possibly the best sanwich place in Pueblo. Great comfort food, and a salad bar for you who prefer a lighter meal.

Favorite Dish: Pass Key Special- Italian sausage sandwich topped with your choice of cheese and mustard. Comes in a basket with crisp fries and yellow peppers.

Turkey and swiss

• Canton House: Cantonese

by zora55 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Nice little Chinese restaurant, clean, family owned, friendly staff, very tasty comfort food, fairly priced w/ lunch specials under $5.25, comes with main course, fried or steamed rice, egg drop or hot and sour soup, and egg roll or wonton, large portions so get a to go box. Again, a great place for families traveling on a budget, college students, or anyone looking for a great deal.

Favorite Dish: Their chicken with mixed vegetables is very good. Wonderful egg drop soup.

• KalamazooJohn's Profile Photo

Shamrock Brewing Co.: Good atmosphere and beer

by KalamazooJohn Written Apr 9, 2006

Another VTer recommended the vegetarian boxty, so as my spouse is veg., we had to try it. Food was good, but for most of us, Irish food is fairly plain, not much spice used. So, I suspect that what we had was pretty authentic. There were six of us, so we tried a lot of different Irish items, and everyone enjoyed what they had. The menu also has more American style pub food that we did not try. We drank three of their home made beers, and all pleased. I wouldn't go often to eat, but might to drink. I liked the atmosphere

• Beer Tasting

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Mama Rojas: Below Average Cuisine (Mexican)

by painterdave Updated May 10, 2012
    Front

Searching for a new restaurant in Pueblo for Mexican food, I stopped hoping to find good tasting food with a menu that has lots of choices. What I found was a very limited menu, with few combination plates. I finally chose the tamale and chili relleno plate.
    The food tasted okay, but the whole restaurant had the feel that they needed an update on furnishings and that it might need some dilligent cleaning. I was glad to have a straw for my drink. I asked the waitress why they did not have many combinations like other Mexican restuaurants and she had no idea why.
    I was supposed to get a sopapilla with my meal, and I had to ask what happened after I had finished, and they brought out to me a sugar encrusted cold sopapilla.
    Living for many years in the Southwest I wonder what happened to the offerings of sopapillas during your meal.

Favorite Dish: I was disappointed with this place, and I recommend driving further up Highway 50 towards Pueblo.
    Their salsa was nice and hot.
    I know Mexican food, and Mama Roja's needs some help.

• Motorcycle

• Rio's Bistro - (Fine Dining): Don't waste your time/money!

by Powitree Written May 19, 2012

Near the Riverwalk, Pueblo, CO..a little hole in the wall Bistro - on first glance, quaint/charming decor. Very small-seats maybe 25-30. Mix of Italian/German on the menu. The table cloth had several dust/bits of something all over it. I brushed most aside as I sat down-asked the waiter about it who said the air filter (pointed to a unit in the upper wall to my left) had failed that morning and needed a new filter. I jokingly covered my glass of water and said "Do I need to protect my drink?" He said No, it only happens first thing in the morning when they turn the unit on. Nice young man went to the Old man at the bar turned out to be the owner to let him know and a few moments later, the owner turned off the air conditioner without offering any info/apology to me at all. I ordered cesear salad with steak strips, well done. Steak came out rare, bleeding onto the lettuce. The waiter said they always 'undercook' their meat and if the customer wants it cooked more then they will do it. I ordered it "well done".. hmm. It was taken back and several minutes later, returned to me. I noticed the strips tasted 'old' - and were rubbery to chew. I mentioned this to the waiter. He said the steak was 'cut this morning' - Okay, I asked, but when was it purchased? He didn't know. Moments later as I was deciding to just focus on the salad, meat set aside on a seperate dish, I noticed two small flies crawling across my lettuce. I caught one and summoned the waiter over again. I put the fly in his hand and I said, "I'm sorry, but this is just unacceptable. I'm not going to be able to eat this and I'm not going to pay for it, either." He said he'd let the cook know. The owner, having watched all of this from the bar, then approached me and asked "What seems to be the problem?" I answered, "There doesn't SEEM to be a problem, there really IS a problem. I found two flies in my salad..I'm just not going to eat it and I don't feel I should have to pay for it either." His voice turned quite sharp and saracastically, he replied, "Fine, then I won't charge you for the meal, but I am going to ask you to leave NOW!" I replied, "MY PLEASURE~I can't wait to leave to be quite honest!" I picked up my things and said good luck to the patrons as I was leaving. WORST RESTRAUANT ON THE PLANET!!! I don't know which was worse, the food or the service!! Where is the totally dissatified button?? Geez!!

Favorite Dish: There is no favorite

• Festivals

• MichelBarbour's Profile Photo

Gaetanos: Great Italian Food!

by MichelBarbour Written Apr 9, 2004

The food here is wonderful, and the atmosphere is okay. The service has always been great. I recommend anything with pesto, although all the food is great!

Favorite Dish: Any type of pasta with pesto is wonderful! The pesto is fresh and the best I've ever had!

• MichelBarbour's Profile Photo

La Renaissance: Wonder Evening Dining in an Old Church!

by MichelBarbour Written Apr 9, 2004

This restaurant is in an old church. It has a main dining area and several areas for private parties (which they work with you individually to cater to your needs). The food is wonderful and comes with courses which are included in the price. The price ranges from under $10 to under $30. Most prices are in the $10-$20 range.

Favorite Dish: Babyback barbeque ribs are my favorite! They are tender and savory. On Wednesday nights they have a wonderful Creme Puff ice cream dessert that will make you drool! They also have daily specials that are always delicious. The menu is diverse, prime rib, seafood, cocktails, extensive wine list.
    They are only open for dinner, reservations aren't required but it's a good idea to make sure you get a table.

• MichelBarbour's Profile Photo

Ianne's Whiskey Ridge: More Great Italian Food!

by MichelBarbour Written Apr 9, 2004

This is a wonder place to eat! In the summer they have a patio area that is great to enjoy your meal even more. The inside is somewhat plain compared to the food they serve. Excellent service is always provided! As with most good restaurants in Pueblo, drss is diverse, anything from jeans to suits are appropriate here. They are only open for dinner with early bird specials from 4-6. From 4-6 they have a wonderful buffet! Or you can order off the menu which is about half the price as it will be after 6.

Favorite Dish: Everything I've had has been my favorite here. I have never had anything I wouldn't like to have again and again and again! The flavor of everything is superb! The only drawback I've found is their desserts are a little lacking compared to the main course. If you're a big dessert fan you'll probably be a little disappointed. They are good, but not up to the standard of the rest of the meal. Enjoy!!!

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Parkside Steakhouse: Great steakhouse

by RJ1967 Updated Jan 18, 2003

Restaurant

I've never been to this restaurant - as I don't eat steak, but I have heard good things about it from friends. The parking lot is always full, especially weekends.

Instant Answers: Pueblo

Comments

Pueblo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pueblo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pueblo sightseeing.