Steamboat Springs Restaurants

THE VIEW FROM YOUR TABLE
    FOUR POINTS HUT
    UPPER GONDOLA STATION VIEW

Most Recent Restaurants in Steamboat Springs

• Cottenwood Grill: Owners lack respect for customers!

by NicoleAra Written Jun 27, 2011

As a Restaurant connoisseur… I was really looking forward to a nice dinner with my friends as we celebrated my friend’s engagement. After much research on the city of steamboat and the many wonderful restaurants it has to enjoy we selected no other then the Cottonwood Grill.
    Upon arrival the staff was actually very accommodating. Lead us to the bar as we waited for our table, they were even kind enough to bring us inside as the sun fell and the temperatures dropped.
    Being located next to the river the ambiance was astounding. The food was mediocre. Not extremely unique and had no real wow factor in the flavor for me. Presentation however was nice. The overall experience was pleasant up until our departure. Upon time to pay out bill, we placed a number of cards in the booklet along with cash. When we received the bill back our server had informed us that we were short on our bill. It was not a huge deal as we had realized she had forgot one of the cards on the table. However, upon receiving the booklet back, we also noticed our cash had been altered. When I questioned the server about it she hesitated but didn’t really have an answer. Being that it was really only a $20 discrepancy my friends and I decided to over look it and just pay off the remainder. We closed our bill and sat up to leave the restaurant. Upon our departure the owner approached our party and very aggressively instructed us that we were not allowed to leave the restaurant until he was sure we had fully paid our bill. He continued to verbally insult us in front of his entire restaurant as his server tried to tell him that the bill was more then covered. I have never in my 29 years been more embarrassed. It is one thing for a staff member to question you but for a business owner to act so rudely and inappropriate is beyond me. He continued to threaten us and slander us in his restaurant without even fully noticing that the bill was paid for and everything had been taken care of.
    Even upon finally realizing the mistake he had made, and that the bill had been paid for, he issued us no form of apology. I have never been more disgusted with an act of ownership. The owners should be ashamed. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. Even aside from the horrendous actions of the owners, the food was par. They are lucky to have the location they do, in a city such as Denver, NY, Chicago, this restaurant would never survive. There is better service and food to be had, as a word to the wise when visiting steamboat, especially if you are choosing to celebrate an occasion, avoid eating here and maybe make another selection such as Café Diva, or Bistro C.V.

• tetonski1's Profile Photo

The Cafe Diva: "Cafe Diva -Fine Dining in a Friendly Environment"

by tetonski1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the restaurant!

Very nice, casual wait-staff serve some of the finest meals I've ever had here. You absolutely must have dinner here at least once during your stay.

If you visit off season, during May, June and September on Sunday nights they offer "Date Nights", where you are served multiple courses for less than $20.

Favorite Dish: The menu changes; however, my favorite dish when I visited was the tenderloin of beef over celery root with a pinot noir reduction and sweet basil oil.

• Skiing and Boarding

• tetonski1's Profile Photo

Antare's Restaurant: "Antare's Offers Elegant, Delicious Fare!"

by tetonski1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sorry, no restaurant pic, here's Krissy!

This wonderful restaurant is housed in a victorian building and is decorated with stone walls, stained glass windows and a beautiful fireplace. (Hint) try to get a table by the fireplace, it's very romantic.

The staff is very friendly!

Don't miss their appetizer sampler at $9. It's absolutely delicious!

Make reservations well ahead of time!

Stop by on a Wednesday like we did, there is a live guitarist that is absolutely gifted!

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful meal consisting of Elk Medallions in a Bing Cherry-Merlot Sauce.

For dessert don't miss their Blueberries Sauteed in Frangelico!.

• tetonski1's Profile Photo

Double Z Barbeque: "Double Z BBQ - A Great Casual Meal or Take-Out"

No restaurant pic! Here's Kris in the Gondola

This is a wonderful down to earth restaurant with some of the best ribs I've ever tasted!

If you're tired and don't feel like dressing up for dinner or just want to grab some take-out

Want a great deal? Try their Happy Hour M-F 4:30-6:30pm.

They have great appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers and BBQ baskets.

Favorite Dish: Their Hickory Smoked BBQ Beef , or their Large Country Style BBQ Beef Spare-Ribs! They are to die for!!!!!!

• Skiing and Boarding

• Dos Amigos Mexican Restaurant: tex-mex food

by arasnosliw Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant is part of the après-ski circuit. It's located in Ski Time Square on Mount Werner.

Typical mexican food, I like the fish tacos.

They have good happy hour/lunchtime specials.

Just a good place to hang out.

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Amante: The Only Real Coffee Shop in Town?

by bocmaxima Written Aug 19, 2007

This Steamboat location is the Boulder-based Amante's first try at a shop outside the Republic.
    The location was hard to find. It's off US 40 a bit, but not so that you can easily reach it, and you end up winding through a couple of parking lots.
    I came in to find people sitting around drinking coffee and watching Italian soccer on a large TV in the middle of the room. It was very clean and looked fairly new, and I appreciated the design of the place in general. Being Steamboat, I expected pretentiousness and outrageous prices but got nothing of the sort. The coffee was very reasonably priced but excellent. The food also seemed quite reasonable. But I love coffee shops that have draft beer, and this one has it. I believe it was Peroni (the quintessential Italian beer), but I could be wrong. There was also wine sold by the glass.
    I skipped on the food, but it looked good. I did stay for a while though, taking advantage of the free wi-fi (SSID required, but available from the staff) and resting from a long drive. It's a nice place to hang out in an otherwise snobby town.

Favorite Dish: Great coffee!

• Cafe Diva: Best Romantic Dinner in Town

by ftteacher Updated Mar 12, 2007

Cafe Diva has the best food in town. It is located on the mountain, and it has an intimate setting. The wine list is extensive, and the wait staff and owners are knolwedgeable about the selections. The food is always interesting and imaginative. It is the kind of place that does not put salt and pepper on the table because everything is perfectly seasoned. If you are in Steamboat during the off season (after ski season and before the summer rush or after labor day and before the mountain opens), you have the special treat of Date Night at Cafe Diva. Every Sunday night they have a smaller menu, and you can get an appetizer, entree, and a shared dessert for about $25 dollars each, an unbelievable bargain. Cafe Diva is definitely the place for a special occasion. You won't regret it!

Favorite Dish: The elk tenderloin is always excellent, as is the crab and tomato bisque. If they are serving scallops the night you are there, order them. The scallops are always superb.

• cyndyj1's Profile Photo

Harwigs/L'Apogee: Best apps and desserts!

by cyndyj1 Updated Feb 7, 2006

This is a small, intimate restaurant with a nice bar, very good service, and some of the best food I have found in Steamboat Springs. It's right on Lincoln in downtown Steamboat, so easy to find, and plenty of other places around it in walking distance if you want to make a downtown night of it. It's in a historic building, built sometime in the 1800's.

Favorite Dish: Harwig's has the best pate de foie gras and the best creme brulee I've ever had. Yummy. I could live on just the appetizers and desserts here.

This restaurant has a very good wine cellar, and you can book the wine cellar in advance for a private dining experience or small party.

RAGNAR'S: AT RENDEZVOUS SADDLE

LOTS  OF  SNOW

RAGNAR's is recommended for lunch . Nice atmosphere and a good selection of food and drink to choose from . You need not make reservations , just arrive at 11:40 and get your name on the standby list.

They serve a 5 course dinner friday to sunday in the winter.Price is not advertised . Must be expensive. They take you fronm the gondola to Rendezvous Saddle by a snowcat drawn sleigh .

STOKES BAR AND GRILL: IT BEATS THE CAFETERIA

by RACCOON1 Updated May 1, 2005
    UPPER GONDOLA STATION VIEW

Stokes provides a good alternate to the Gondola Cafeteria.. Their entrance is right beside the entrance for "Hazies", so if you luck out on Hazie's you know where to go.
    Tex Mex foods mostly , but adequate.

HAZIE'S: FOR THE VIEW

THE  VIEW  FROM YOUR TABLE

HAZIE's is located on the mountain and provides a good alternate from the cafeteria atmosphere. They recommend reservations be made in the morning but there is a quota. Do not worry as you have an alternate. Just arrive at 11:40 and ask to be placed on standby . In fact they only book hhhalf their tables . Once the kitchen clears the meals for those that made reservations they let others in . Go for the view.

Favorite Dish: A lunch should cost you $ 15 per person. They have fixed price 3 coursae dinner menus . In teh summer dinner is only served friday to sunday .

LE MONTANA: SOUTH WESTERN AND MEXICAN

by RACCOON1 Written May 1, 2005

Steamboat Springs has around 70 pubs, bistros and eateries . Mexican cuisine is the favourite . We in ate our condo but for the dinner out we went to Le Montana . It was worth it . Entrees are in the $ 25 to $30 range . Le Montana has been featured in "Bon Apetit" and " Gormet " magazines.

Favorite Dish: We shared a beef Fajita ( which was enough for two on its own ) a beef Borito . and two appetizers . Everyone was quite satisfied .

FOUR POINTS HUT: Chicken Noodle Soup

by RACCOON1 Written Mar 28, 2005
    FOUR POINTS  HUT

The Four Points Hut is a hut. Seating capacity inside is 25 and outside maybe 40. This is a pit stop : chilli , chicken noodle soup , hot drinks and Gatoraide . In sunny weather the outdorr BBQ is open . Standing room only inside when it is snowing. Stop in at least to get a drink .

• cyndyj1's Profile Photo

Cottonwood Grill: One of Steamboat's Best

by cyndyj1 Written Jan 12, 2005

Cottonwood is a sophisticated, riverfront restaurant in downtown Steamboat. Lovely bar and outstanding appetizers. Yum yum!

Favorite Dish: I could live on the appetizers here - Yampa Valley lamb potstickers (with garlic, ginger, and chilies) and Sesame Seared Tuna are especially good.

• Wilson's Profile Photo

Winona's: Try the Cinnamon Buns

by Wilson Written Apr 22, 2003

The best breakfast spot in town. The egg dishes are fantastic. But a trip here is not complete without trying one of their homemade cinnamon buns. They are out of this world......and very, very big.

Favorite Dish: Homemade cinnamon bun. So good that they were featured in Bon Appetit magazine.

Instant Answers: Steamboat Springs

Comments

Steamboat Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Steamboat Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Steamboat Springs sightseeing.

View all Steamboat Springs hotels