Think snow and cold!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Helmet liner for ski helmets
"Turtle fur" neck gator
Lambswool padding for toes of ski boots, etc.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Liquid sublingual B12 for energy
Glucosamine and chondroitin for joints
EVERYTHING you can think of to keep you moist inside and out
Saline nasal spray
Lots of super-strength hand lotion
Spray-on body oil
Diamox or other high-alt prescription
Menthol cough drops
Melatonin to help with sleep disturbances the higher altitute will probably cause
Handiwipes and/or alcohol wipes
Moleskin, anti-blister bandaids
Photo Equipment: Extra camera battery
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: No-fog for goggles
Chapstick with sunscreen
- Skiing and Boarding
Ski equipment: what gear do I need?
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: These things you will probably need to buy or borrow:
- Ski jacket: Must be waterproof!. You can use a thick jacket made specially for skiing, but I was fine with my all-climate Arc'teryx waterproof shell and sufficient warmth layers beneath: Thermal vest + light fleece + heavier jumper / fleece
- Waterproof ski pants. This pretty much have to be ski-specific pants
- Long socks. Important to get thick ones that are long enough (at least half way up your calf). My regular hiking socks were a but too short and my boots bit painfully into my leg.
- Long thermal underwear
- Beanie to prevent your ears from freezing off
- Neck warmer / balaclava to stop your neck from freezing off
- Thick, waterproof gloves
- Ski goggles
Miscellaneous: Ski gear: You can (and should) hire when you're at the mountain:
- Skis / snowboard
- Skiing / snowboarding boots
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You will need sunscreen! The sun's intensity is much stronger at the higher altitude level you are at. Regardless, if it's summer or winter, spring or fall.
Miscellaneous: Water! Drink lots of water. It helps with coping with the altitude. Some people become nauseated, they say the water helps.
- Family Travel
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you have one of those "turtles" or neck warmers bring it, otherwise be sure to buy one at the local clothing shops. They keep your neck and chin warm on the slopes!
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.