Clinton Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Clinton

Michael Kors: Bags and accessories

by Gypsystravels Updated May 5, 2015

Just like Coach, Michael Kors has outlet stores in just about all shopping outlets across the country. Years ago Michael Kors was quite unique with some really nice bags and accessories and getting a great deal at an outlet store was always a plus. Many of their bags where classic not manufactured specifically for the outlet, those days are long gone.

Michael Kors has become so popular that you can find everyone in the streets of NYC with a Michael Kors bags (many knock-offs from China town), and the company is capitalizing on it. Many of the bags that you find here at the outlet aren't the most recent, but they do have bags like their hobo bag that is still a big seller. If you come at the right time you can get these bags for a steal.

The store occasionally will have a 40-50% off, but for the most part the bags and accessories are only about 20% off.

What to buy: I've purchased one bag at this outlet about 6 years ago. A hobo in an off white color which I seldom use these days, so the bag is still in great condition.

What to pay: My bag was $249.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Coach: Great deals if you come at the right time

by Gypsystravels Updated May 5, 2015

IMHO, Coach just isn't what it use to be. The quality and price no longer add up to the uniqueness of this line. I owned my first coach bag (the original saddle bag in leather) back in 1989 when it was purchased for me as a birthday present, and I still have that bag today.

Coach now mass produces bags specifically for their outlet stores. You can find a Coach in many of the outlets across the country. I have purchased a few bags as presents, specifically for my sister Linda and daughter Kris during a visit last year.

During this particular visit, John wanted me to check them out to see if I could find the small clutch/wristlet I wanted in the color I needed. We walked in the store and along with their already 30-40% off on many selections, they were handing 50% discount for that particular day only. We looked around and John found exactly what I was looking for an upcoming trip in the color I wanted, which is quite rare, so I decided it was worth the purchase price after all the discounts and snatched it up. Lucky for me my darling was on the lookout as it was buried under a myriad of other small bags in an assortment of colors I stay away from. The clutches and wristlets can be a great find with the added % off and I am glad that we did take the time to check out the store as I stay clear of Coach outlets for the most part.

Personally, I prefer to purchase at their Madison Avenue store since I get early shopping privileges as well as up to 25% off new merchandise for being a VIP.

What to buy: My darling bought me a small clutch for an upcoming trip since it was a bargain at $68 bucks after all the % off. Not bad price for what I need it for.

What to pay: Prices can be good, just have to visit when you can get an additional 50% or more off on top of their 30-40% off.

Kate Spade: Hangbags and accesories

by Gypsystravels Updated May 5, 2015

I have quite a few of Kate Spade handbags, but have never been inside any of the outlet stores. This particular outlet had a really nice selection of bags, clothing, accessories, some at an additional 50-60% so I decided to take a look and see if I could find a small clutch or wristlet bag for an upcoming trip.

The store is a nice size with a decent selection of bags, accessories and clothing. Their quilted bags in the powder blue along with the off white bag was at an additional 50%. I searched and searched for a bag that would suit my needs, but they didn't have the color I needed.

Bear in mind that some of their newer designs were not discounted. After spending about 1/2 hour perusing the merchandise and debating whether to purchase the bag I liked anyway (it was black), I walked out the store empty handed as I didn't need to spend money on another bag which I really don't need.

I will return in the fall and see what they have then.

Banana Republic: Women's Clothes

by cjg1 Written May 4, 2015

My wife finds alot of good bargains here and appreciates their large selection of Petite items. I've learned over the years that being short can be almost as bad as being too tal when it comes to buying clothes. My wife buys alot of tee shirts and tops here as well as dresses. Our last visit in May 2015 my wife found some v-neck tee shirts in some colors she couldn't find at the Main outlets and at better prices. One of the tee shirts was $4.99 and the others were $7. She even found some junk jewelry bargains.

Skechers: Sneakers for Me

by cjg1 Updated May 4, 2015

Skechers has shoes and sneakers for men, women and children in a variety of styles and colors. The selection is quite large and the salesman was very helpful. The usual special here is buy one pair; get the second pair 1/2 off.

My wife goes through lots of sneakers working in a hospital so we always buy in twos. It's not worth getting pricier sneakers when they often get ruined by something gross at her job.

Make sure to try on your shoes before purchasing; certain styles tend to run small and you might need a larger size. This was the case when I was trying on two different styles of sneakers. One pair was a 10 1/2 and fit perfectly and the other pair I needed an 11.

Our last visit here we purchased our nephew some sneakers and all while he was passed out in the stroller. The prices were good and they were sturdy to take a beating from a very active kid.

White House Black Market: Women's Clothes

by cjg1 Written May 4, 2015

WHBM is a store that carries women's clothing and acessories. My wife is a fan of their regular store and always come here to see if anything catches her eye. They sometimes have their main store items trickle down here but the majority I think is made for outlet only items since we have never seen some of this stuff in the regular stores and we are there very often.

You have to catch this store just right to get a bargain. Our last visit to this store my wife found a few items: a cardigan, strappy top and a pair of pants. The top and pants were 50% off but the cardigan was full price at $30 which wasn't a problem since my wife liked it that much and it was good quality. My MIL found several items for herself all on clearance; so she walked away with a big bargain.

Michael Kors: Women's Handbags & Accessories

by cjg1 Updated May 4, 2015

This shop carries womens handbags, wallets and accesories. My wife is a fan of Michael Kors handbags so we always stop in to see what they have in stock. They usually carry a nice selection of items which are good quality but not the most recent collections. I'm a guy so what do I know about this and frankly what does it matter when the price is right.

My wife has only found one handbag to her liking in all of our visits but has purchased several bags and wallets as gifts. The prices are very good and we always have a coupon for 10-20% off the asking price. My wife recently visited with a girlfriend who bought up a ton of merchandise for graduation gifts for her cousins at a really good price.

What to buy: Anything from a keychain to an oversized carryon bag. They also carry clothing and such accessories.

Coach: New Season, New Bags

by cjg1 Updated May 4, 2015

The Coach Outlet at Clinton Crossings has some friendly staff and a large selection of Coach Items. The store has a nice selction of handbags, scarves, key chains, umbrellas, coats and smaller Coach acessories.

Do realize that the majority of the items here are later season or made for Outlet products. You will not find the latest Coach items here. They often have good sales here and hand out special door coupons that can be combined with AAA discounts.

My wife usually comes here for wristlets of smaller travel bags that she doesn't mind getting knocked around. Our last visit here they had a good sale with a 50% coupon at the door. We found a cute bag for a friend's daughter on the clearance rack that was 40% off the sticker price plus our 50% off coupon; which made it a big bargain.

What to pay: Depending on the size of the bag and the sale smal bags can be as inexpensive as $50 and large bags can be as expensive as $400. The wallets always seem to be on sale from $38-68 dollars.

Tommy Hilfiger: Quality T-shirts

by Gypsystravels Updated May 4, 2015

Tommy Hilfiger is another store that carries a nice selection of men and women's casual clothing. They carry some nice Polo shirts, khakis, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, dresses, sweaters, sweatshirts and assorted accessories.

We came in here after not finding the shorts and polo shirts John was searching for. They didn't have such a great selection of colors on the Polo's or t-shirts for John. The shorts didn't work out for him either. We did find a red, blue and white polo shirt on the 60% rack for John his size and we snatched that up. A casual cotton summer dress for me was also at 60% off and just my size.

We also found a few t-shirts for me in a variety of colors at just $9.99 for solid, $12.99 for strips. The t-shirts were a great bargain as they don't shrink and are a nice fit.

We received an additional 10% off as our purchase was over $100. Great bargain.

What to buy: We found a polo shirt for John 60% the marked down price which brought the purchase to $12 after discount. A cotton summer dress for an additional 60% off markdown price at $19. The t-shirts were $9.99 for two solid colors and $12.99 for the striped.

What to pay: Polo shirt was $12, dress $19 t-shirts were $9.99 and $12.99.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Polo: Some good selection of men's and women's clothing

by Gypsystravels Updated May 4, 2015

Polo carries a nice selection of Polo shirts for men and women, shorts, khakis, t-shirts, bags, flips, sweaters, sweatshirts, dresses, underclothes and a variety of other items like cologne and jewelry.

During our recent visit we decided to take a look at what Polo had to offer as John was searching to pick up a few Polo shirts which he likes to wear to work in the warmer months. He likes the quality of the Polo shirts here and has quite a few of them. We didn't think the prices on the Polo shirts were a bargain, but the t-shirts were priced at 50% off plus another 15% off.

We looked for a few bright colors for the summer and paid $50 for 4 t-shirts. I good deal as the quality of these t-shirts are really good.

What to buy: A large range of women and men's casual wear. We bought 4 V-neck t-shirts at a great price.

What to pay: The t-shirts were originally $29.99 at 50% off, plus another 15% off. The price of the t-shirts averaged $12.50 each a great deal for the t-shirts.

Van Heusen: Khakis, shirts, ties for my darling

by Gypsystravels Updated May 4, 2015

My husband shops at this store quite often. Working at an office where he dresses business casual, he prefers the fit the khakis provide him from this brand. The shirts are also a great fit and are reasonably priced.

During our recent visit to Clinton Crossing we stopped in this store to see what the prices were for a pair of khakis as he was looking to replace a few. We found the khakis were well below the usual price he pays after applying a storewide discount of 60% plus another 10% off with the VIP discount.

He was very happy to make his purchases.

What to buy: John picked up three pair of khakis at $21 each after the 60% discount and another 10% VIP discount. He was quite happy to have found the dark khaki, blue and black khakis as this price in his size.

What to pay: We got a great deal at $21 each pair of khaki.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets: Outlet Shopping

by msbrandysue Written Apr 22, 2010

The Clinton Crossing Premium Outlet mall is a great place to stop when discovering Connectict. It's right off the highway and very easy to find. During the summer it wasn't very busy and they had many different types of shops.

My favorite stores were definitely the Coach outlet and the Dooney and Bourke outlets. Many great things. Luckily, I was very motivated and left without spending a fortune.

This is an outdoor mall so if raining it may not be quite as fun.

See the website for a list of stores!

Regular Hours
    Mon-Sat: 10am-9pm, Sun: 10am-6pm

What to buy: Clothing was probably the most common type of shops

What to pay: Outlet prices are usually with a 30% discount from department store prices.

• Women's Travel

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Nautica: More Clothes for Me....

by cjg1 Updated May 26, 2009

We basically walked into this shop because Marie said she needed to buy a shirt for Rob.... Well Rob didn't get a shirt but Bob and I got jackets as well as two shirts for me and two pairs of shorts. It was a surprise that I found some shorts that were heavy material that I actually liked. Liz and MArie found two polos for me; one in a Raspberry color and the other was a bright blue(Marie said it matched my eyes...got to love the Mother in law).

The store had a nice sale going on that day. The store had a good selection of tees, shirts, pants, shorts, bathing suits and jackets.

What to buy: I bought a lightweight blue jacket for the spring/summer, two pairs of shorts and two polo shirts. The total was only $148.

Sunglass Hut: Sunglasses

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2009

The Sunglass Hut carries an assortment of sunglasses for men and women. They have a limited selection in this store but their prices make up for it. The staff inside is very nice and helpful. We always stop in here when shoping at Clinton Crossings...I am always on the hunt for new sunglases (I'm addicted to them).

What to buy: Sunglasses

What to pay: The last purchase here was two pairs of Ray Ban sunglasses for me. It was a buy one pair get the second for $99. So I already found the pair I wanted so getting a spare for the car was a good idea. So In total my galsses were a little over $300.

The Gap: Jeans and Such

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2009

The Gap Outlet carries clothes and accesories for men, women, children and babies. The selction at this outlet is better than some others I have seen. They have god prices and often run sales which makes their clothing a bargain.

What to buy: On our last trip I bought a few pairs of jeans.

What to pay: Jeans were on sale for $24 each.

Instant Answers: Clinton

Comments

Clinton Shopping

Reviews and photos of Clinton shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clinton sightseeing.