Clinton Shopping

by cjg1

Best Rated Shopping in Clinton

Coach: New Season, New Bags

by cjg1 Updated Dec 16, 2011

The Coach Outlet at Clinton Crossings has some friendly staff and a large selction of Coach Items. The store has a nice selction of handbags, scarves, key chains, umbrellas, coats and smaller Coach acessories.

I often find myself in this store with Liz. She's always looking for another handbag and these are bargain prices.

What to buy: The Coach store has everything a girl could want to buy: handbags, jackets, scarves, wallets, umbrellas, sun glass cases and more.

On this most recent trip we bought some bags for Liz's little cousins for Christmas. They were having a good sale and handed us 30% off coupons as we walked it. Most of the bags were under $50 after the discount...not bad.

What to pay: Depending on the size of the bag and the sale smal bags can be as inexpensive as $50 and large bags can be as expensive as $600. The wallets always seem to be on sale from $38-68 dollars.

Skechers: Sneakers for Me

by cjg1 Written Mar 23, 2009

Skechers has shoes and sneakers for men, women and children in a variety of styles and colors. The selction is quite large and the salesman was very helpful.

Make sure to try on your shoes before purchasing cetain styles tend to run small and you might need a larger size. This was the case when I was trying on two differnt styles of sneakers. One pair was a 10 1/2 and fit perfectly and the other pair I needed an 11.

What to buy: I purchased two pairs of sneakers; one in a deep navy color and the other in brown. They were running a promotion of buy one pair get the second pair half off.

What to pay: I paid $54 dollars for two pairs of sneakers.

J. Crew: Clothing for Men & Women

by cjg1 Written Mar 23, 2009

J. Crew hapens to be one of Liz's and my favorite stores. They have a nice selction of women's and men's clothing in classic styles and nice colors. The clothes are well made and come in variety of styles and colors.

The Outlet prices are normally very good but it is always smart to know the regaular prices in the store before shopping at the outlet.

What to buy: Anythinf from socks, bathingsuits, pants, shorts, skirts, tops, tees and accessories.

Our last visit to J. Crew Liz bought a yellow pola dot skirt, a blue polka dot skirt and a cashmere sweater.

What to pay: The skirts were $38 each and the sweater was on sale for $40.

Van Heusen: Cool Ties for Me

by cjg1 Updated Apr 14, 2009

The Van Heusen outlet store has a large selction of casual and dress clothes for men. They have a nice selection of dress shirts and ties in every style and color. Their casual shirts are always nice and I manage to find a few I like.

Like most outlet shops you need to know your prices. Sometimes we come here with a specific item in mind and wind up with something totally different...that's the way of the outlet store.

What to buy: On our last visit to the store I bought a tie, cufflinks and three linen shirts for the summer.

What to pay: The store is always running sales and specials. My shirts were under $20 each, my cufflinks were $30 and the tie was $20.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets: Outlet Shopping

by msbrandysue Written Apr 22, 2010

The Clinton Crossing Premium Outlet mall is a great place to stop when discovering Connectict. It's right off the highway and very easy to find. During the summer it wasn't very busy and they had many different types of shops.

My favorite stores were definitely the Coach outlet and the Dooney and Bourke outlets. Many great things. Luckily, I was very motivated and left without spending a fortune.

This is an outdoor mall so if raining it may not be quite as fun.

See the website for a list of stores!

Regular Hours
    Mon-Sat: 10am-9pm, Sun: 10am-6pm

What to buy: Clothing was probably the most common type of shops

What to pay: Outlet prices are usually with a 30% discount from department store prices.

• Women's Travel

Michael Kors: Women's Handbags & Accessories

by cjg1 Updated Dec 16, 2011

This shop carries womens handbags, wallets and accesories. My wife is a fan of Michael Kors(especially their San Francisco store) handbags so we always stop in to see what they have in stock. They usually carry a nice selection of items which are good quality but not the most recent collections. I'm a guy so what do I know about this and frankly what does it matter when the price is right.

My wife has only found one handbag to her liking in our visits but has purchased several bags and wallets as gifts. The prices are very good and we always have a coupon for 10-20% off the asking price.

What to buy: Anything from a keychain to an oversized carryon bag.

Lindt: Truffle Heaven

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2009

I love the Lindor Truffle Balls from Lindt. It really has become an addiction. The outlet store carries a variety of chocolate bars as well as truffles and seasonal gifts. I like to stop in to stock up on some of my favorite Lindor Truffles especialy the Stracitella.

What to buy: Lindor Truffle Balls...so good and creamy....

What to pay: The large package was $12.99 and so worth it.

The Gap: Jeans and Such

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2009

The Gap Outlet carries clothes and accesories for men, women, children and babies. The selction at this outlet is better than some others I have seen. They have god prices and often run sales which makes their clothing a bargain.

What to buy: On our last trip I bought a few pairs of jeans.

What to pay: Jeans were on sale for $24 each.

Sunglass Hut: Sunglasses

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2009

The Sunglass Hut carries an assortment of sunglasses for men and women. They have a limited selection in this store but their prices make up for it. The staff inside is very nice and helpful. We always stop in here when shoping at Clinton Crossings...I am always on the hunt for new sunglases (I'm addicted to them).

What to buy: Sunglasses

What to pay: The last purchase here was two pairs of Ray Ban sunglasses for me. It was a buy one pair get the second for $99. So I already found the pair I wanted so getting a spare for the car was a good idea. So In total my galsses were a little over $300.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Nautica: More Clothes for Me....

by cjg1 Updated May 26, 2009

We basically walked into this shop because Marie said she needed to buy a shirt for Rob.... Well Rob didn't get a shirt but Bob and I got jackets as well as two shirts for me and two pairs of shorts. It was a surprise that I found some shorts that were heavy material that I actually liked. Liz and MArie found two polos for me; one in a Raspberry color and the other was a bright blue(Marie said it matched my eyes...got to love the Mother in law).

The store had a nice sale going on that day. The store had a good selection of tees, shirts, pants, shorts, bathing suits and jackets.

What to buy: I bought a lightweight blue jacket for the spring/summer, two pairs of shorts and two polo shirts. The total was only $148.

Instant Answers: Clinton

Comments

Clinton Shopping

Reviews and photos of Clinton shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clinton sightseeing.