Danbury Restaurants

The awful Nachos!
    Cremated Burger
    by cjg1
    Trying to make the best of it.....

Most Recent Restaurants in Danbury

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Rosy Tomorrow's: Good Beer Selection

by riorich55 Written Aug 10, 2011

Having spent the day exploring the Oyster Bay area and Theodore Roosevelt's home and then driving around part of Long Island I had to make my way up north to where I was going to be staying for the week. I wanted to get there before dark as I wasn't too familiar with the area. But that didn't stop me from getting off the interstate and following mainly my instincts and the physical map I had to head up to Danbury, CT.

After I checked into the hotel, I grabbed a local phone book and some other literature to look where I could have a bite to eat. Rosy Tomorrow's was just a mile or so down the road on the other side of the expressway, so I figured that would be the place to eat this evening.

Favorite Dish: The business was established in 1980 and judging from the crowd on a Sunday night is still a very popular place. They have two levels of seating and I asked if I could go upstairs so that I could take in the view from above. Unfortunately I left my camera back at the hotel so I don't have any pictures from the evening.

It is a brew house, so I started out with a rather large glass of Ten Penny Ale for $5.00 and also ordered a bowl of clam chowder. Both were very filling so when it came to my main entree of a Cuban Pork Sandwich I only was able to finish about 1/2 the sandwich. Everything here appeared to be fairly good sized, so if you order don't go too crazy.

• Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Sesame Seed Restaurant: Good Middle Eastern Food

by cjg1 Written Aug 5, 2009

Sesame Seed is a tiny restaurant in an old victorian style house. The place is full of for a lack of a better word "junk" from a rikety piano to old toys. It's a mish mosh of trinkets with a few tables scattered throughout. The look of the place did not impress me one bit. The menu was full of the typical Middle Eastern fare: hummus, shish kabob, tabuli and falafel. The service here was so so but the food was actually pretty good. If you can get past the bad decor and spotty service you will enjoy the food.

Favorite Dish: We spli the Tabuli and the falafel for appetizers which was perfect for the three of us. The tabuli was very fresh and the falafel was perfectly cooked. I had the kabob plate over rice. The lamb was cooked nicely and very flavorful. Liz had the vegetarian combo which was falafel, tabuli, salad and humus. Kim had the Kibbee. We all enjoyed our meal and couldn't finish it all. I will definitely come back here for another meal.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Rosy Tomorrow's: And the Appeal Is?

by cjg1 Written Apr 23, 2008

This is a place Liz used to frequent with her friend. So after hearing so much about it and our current plans of the day busted, we headed up here.

Its an interesting place with 3 levels. The bar is on the middle level and half a floor down is the lower seating area and half a floor up is the upper one. So those on the lower level where we were get a view of everyone's feet at the bar. NICE! (Kidding)

The service here was horrible. It seemed like as soon as I decided I wasn't going to drink we ceased to exist. Our drinks were refilled when our food arrived and we NEVER saw our waiter again. We had to flag down another girl there to give us our check and then she disappeared and we had to give the money to the hostess on our way out the door.

I hope she put it in her pocket.

Favorite Dish: The food was no better. Liz's burger even though asked medium was a hockey puck. Super well done and although the best part of the meal came on her plate in the fries, we were disappointed.

My meal was to be the Nachos. I'd been wanting some for a while now and was happy to hear great things about them on the ride up here. At least I'm glad she'd had good nachos here previously because the ones I got should have been dumped in the garbage. I ate about half of them anyway because I was so hungry but that was it. They were badly burned and as Liz says in her tip, cremated.

All drinks but sodas are limited to only one refill. Seems like a NAD (nickel and dime) policy to me but what ever. Some place as bad as this should not be thinking they can mess around with customers in such a way.

Will I come back? No way, No chance, No how.

The awful Nachos! Cremated Burger Trying to make the best of it..... I'm not impresed with this place

Instant Answers: Danbury

Comments

Danbury Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Danbury restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Danbury sightseeing.