Darien Travel Guide

Darien Hotels

Darien Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Feb 6, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Double Tree down the road and decided we wanted some food. We were hungry but not too hungry so we decided to try this place out.

This diner has an ecclectic feel to it with an airplane propeller ceiling fan and some vintage toys suspended from the walls. The interior is very small compared to some of the massive diners we have in the area. We were fortunate enough to score one of the two remaining unoccupied booths; it was a Saturday night and this place was very busy.

The menu has the usual diner fare: sandwiches, soups, salads, milkshakes, burgers, etc. After perusing the menu and debating a few items, I chose the BLT on Wheat bread along with a Strawberry Shake. My wife just wanted a snack, so she ordered some mozzarella sticks. Despite the packed house; our food arrived quickly and with a smile. My BLT was good, nothing to rave about. My milkshake was way too sweet. After my wife tasted it she came to the conclusion that they used vanilla ice cream as the base and added strawberries in syrup to the mix; hence the overly sweet taste. My wife wasn't thrilled with her mozzarella sticks. They had a funky taste to the breading which she thinks is from old frying oil.

Needless to say I was the only one partially satisfied with the meal. The service was good but maybe we just chose the wrong items.

BLT Mozzarella Sticks Strawberry Milkshake

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Written Feb 26, 2009

Bertucci's is a national chain of Italian restuarants. For a chain they have some delicious food and great service. They serve pizzas, calzones, pannini and other italian specialties.

Liz and I often find ourselves in Darien shopping and after some shopping one does get hungry. After a particular long day of shopping we had found ourselves in Darien and a bit faished. We decided to have a meal at Bertucci's. Since it was a Saturday we knew it would be crowded but we only had a short 10 minute wait. We were seated at a nice booth and handed menus. Our waitress was very nice and brought us a coke and unsweeteened ice tea along with some of their fresh, hot rolls and olive oil for dipping. I ordered a Margherita pizza and Liz ordered some Mussels Caruso. The pizza as always is perfect, thin and delicious with just the right amount of fresh mozzarella. Liz loved her mussels and ate her entire bowl. After a slice of pizza I was full and decided to take the rest of the pizza home with us.

As always it was another tasty meal at Bertucci's.

Favorite Dish: The Margherita pizza is my favorite; thin, crisy and delicious.

Margherita Pizza Ready for my meal Liz's Mussels Tired and hungry from shopping

• Darien Hotels

2 Hotels in Darien

Darien Nightlife

• TheGrunt's Profile Photo

by TheGrunt Written May 18, 2004

There is anything cool in Darien.

It's just a place 1h 30" away from NYC....

take the train to manhattan but u got to wait the morning after to get back....

Instant Answers: Darien

Comments

Darien Travel Guide
Map of Darien