Fairfield Travel Guide

Good for: Solo

Fairfield Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Written May 18, 2012

Frank Pepe’s has been serving delicious pizza since 1925. Since those humble beginnings in New Haven, Connecticut; the business and branched out with various locations throughout Connecticut and New York. Two locations in New Haven, Fairfield, Danbury, Manchester and Uncasville (at Mohegan Sun Casino) are in CT. A location in Yonkers NY right on Central Avenue is a welcome addition to the chain of pizzerias.

My wife and I first tried this delicious pizza several years ago at Mohegan Sun and from then on we’ve been hooked. The specialty is their “Original Tomato Pie” which is served in small, medium and large sizes. Toppings can be added to the Tomato pie for additional charge. They also have specialty pizzas, salads and a nice selection of Foxton Park Sodas (while we love).

I have to admit I have never tried their “Tomato Pie”. We have always ordered on of the specialty pizzas; The White Pie with spinach, mushrooms, gorgonzola, mozzarella and grated cheese. To me; this is the best pizza ever hands down. The crust is perfectly crisp and thin. The toppings are fresh and delicious. The cheese is silky and salty; so good. The Foxton Park sodas are also a treat for us. Old Fashioned styled sodas in tasty flavors such as cream, white birch beer and root beer are my favorites.

We recently came to this particular location when visiting a friend in Fairfield. We ordered our favorite white pizza with a root beer and a white birch beer. We usually order a medium pie which is perfect for two and usually leaves us leftover but that day we were unusually hungry and ordered a large. The large was gigantic and we left with about 8 slices of pizza in a take home box; which made for some tasty snacking later that night. The restaurant is very clean, the service is good and the pizza is incredible. I can’t wait to return.

**The location is very close to the highway; which makes it an easy on/off when road tripping up I-95.**

**This restaurant is also part of the AA I-Dines program. Good food and mileage earning…excellent.**

Favorite Dish: The White pizza is the best! I enjoy it so much I have never tried another type of pizza.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Jun 8, 2009

We had seen the sign for Super uper Weenie along the I-95 interstate for years but never stopped in until we saw it featured on the Food Network show:Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Now Super Duper Weenie is the place we frequent regularly for one of their delicious hotdogs. The place is right off of the highway so it's an easy on/off if your just pasing by on the highway. The place itself is on the small side with some counter top stools and some back area seating. The menu is posted on the left side wall by the soda coolers and has a variety of hot dogs, burgers, grilled cheese, sandwiches and french fies.

My favorite hot dog is called the New Englander. It's hot dog covered in Sauerkraut, Bacon, Mustard, Sweet Relish & Raw Onion seved on a hot dog bun. It is incredibly good...that says alot since I'm not a big hot dog fan. Liz likes her hotdog with just mustard and sauerkraut. The fries here are very good and crisy. A large order though is enough for two people to share. SDW also carries a nice selection of Boylans sodas which are some of our favorites especially the Root Beer, Black Cherry and Birch beer. It's a nice local place with good food and a nice casual atmosphere. ...that's why we love going to Super Duper Weenie.

Favorite Dish: The New Englander Hot Dog is my favorite with a side of fires and a diet Boylan's Root Beer. It totally hits the spot!

Fries and hot dogs Boylan's Diet Root Beer

• Judd's Profile Photo

by Judd Written Oct 4, 2002

The Nauti Dolphin is a little Italian restaurant right in the Fairfield train station.
    It's a good place to grab a quick sandwich if you're running late and have a train to catch. There's no seating inside - it's all take out, but the food is excellent. It's not worth making a special trip, but if you've got a few minutes before your train leaves, it's good.

Favorite Dish: Hot and cold sandwiches, Italian dinners and pizza.

Fairfield Off The Beaten Path

• mollyj6's Profile Photo

by mollyj6 Written Oct 5, 2002

The CUF building on the Fairfield University campus. This building has a great history, and is fun for all ages. See if you can get Ray, a Fairfield U custodian, to give you a tour - he might even give you a ride in his new truck!

Instant Answers: Fairfield

Comments

Fairfield Travel Guide
Map of Fairfield