Greenwich Lobster House(CLOSED), Greenwich

4 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

2 South Water Street 203-531-6400

• Greenwich Lobster House(CLOSED)
    January 2009
    Jeanne, Terita & Kerri
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Greenwich Lobster House: Greenwich Lobster House(CLOSED)

by cjg1 Updated Jan 11, 2009

It was a rainy night and we were in the mood for a snack. Liz suggested this place. She has been here many times before and likes the food. This was my first experience here and it was pretty good. We walked in from the bar entrance, The bar area is a nice size with prenty of stools, small tables and benches that line the side wall. We had a seat at the bar and looked at the menu. There were special bar selctions for $8 written on the menu and the wall.

We decided on the spinach dip and sliders. I had a beer and Liz ordered a club soda with lime. The sliders were a serving of three mini burgers and a side of fries. They were rather good. The Spinach dip was also good but there weren't enough chips for dipping. It was a nice atmosphere and I will definitely return in the future.

Favorite Dish: It was a rainy night and in no mood to cook so we headed out to grab a bite to eat. The place was pretty empty except for a small Christmas party in the back room of the restaurant. We had a seat at the bar and ordered some drinks; a beer for me and a club soda with lime for Liz. After looking over the menu we both ordered burgers; Liz a cheeseburger and I a bacon burger. The burgers were really good and juicy on a nice toasted brioche bun. The fries were very good too as was the side of coleslaw. It was a nice filling meal on a rainy night.

** Happy Hour is pretty good here. We were here last Friday with a bunch of Liz's friends. The bar was very packed but had a nice vibe. Happy hour includes some free hot food served buffet style in the bar area. They had a nice selection consisting of fried calamari, sausage & peppers, pasta and chicken. It was a fun night and great to unwind after a long week at work.

Instant Answers: Greenwich