Hunan Gourmet, Greenwich

68 EAST PUTNAM AVE 203-869-1940

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Hunan Gourmet: Good Chinese Food

by cjg1 Written May 21, 2009

Liz often eats at Hunan Gourmet but this was my first time here. We were shopping at Whole Foods and wee just plain starving. Chinese is always a good choice for me so I was hapy to try this place out. It's definitely more upscale than most Chinese Restaurants in the area. The staff is dressed nicely in business attire and great you as if you're walking into a 4 star restaurant ( I guess I shouldn't be surprised it is "Greenwich" after all). The menu had the normal Chinese entrees and appetizers and it wasn't hard to make a decision. I went with the ornage chicke and Liz had the shrimp with cashews. They brought out a dish of crunchy noodles and dipping sauces along with our iced teas. The staff was very attentive, the portions were a nice size and the food was very good. It was a little pricier than our usual place but it was convenient.

Favorite Dish: The Orange Chicken was very good and I enjoyed it. Liz enjoyed her shrimp and cashews and wound up with some to take home for leftovers.

Instant Answers: Greenwich

Comments

Hotels Near Hunan Gourmet
4.0 out of 5 stars