Sundown Saloon, Greenwich

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Sundown Saloon: Great Bar Food and Atmosphere

by cjg1 Updated Nov 1, 2010

Super Cheesey Nachos

Sundown Saloon to me is the kind of place I wish were my local, at least when I wanted to have a local.

A very relaxed and comfortable bar in the center of the room with tables around the edges you will always feel at home here.

The highlight though is their happy hour. Monday to Friday from 4pm until 7pm some drafts are $2 and most appetizers are only $5. The drink prices are nice but the apps are out of this world. I truly love the nachos here and can say the spinach dip is also quite nice.

Liz and I often find ourselves here for happy hour and a snack either together or with friends.

Favorite Dish: The nachos here are excellent. They are served piping hot on a metal tray and smothered with cheese, scallions and beans. Chili, salsa and sour cream are in bowls on the side to dip the chips in. I am a big fan of the chili dip; it's very good and quite tasty. The spinach dip is also quite nice. It's served warm and cheesey with crispy tortilla triangles for dipping. We just tried the fried calamari here and Wow it is good. Perfectly crispy with a spicy aioli dipping sauce. The burgers here are also very good and juicy but we usually prefer just to grab some appetizers.

**The Margaritas here are very good**

Instant Answers: Greenwich

Comments

Hotels Near Sundown Saloon
4.5 out of 5 stars