Thataway Cafe, Greenwich

Apple Pie with ice cream
    Tollhouse Cookie Pie
  • Thataway Cafe
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Thataway(CLOSED): Best for dessert.

by cjg1 Updated May 19, 2012

Tollhouse Cookie Pie

The service here is hit or miss. The waste of time at the hostess station rates right up there with the redsox fans. Well I've been back here again and again and my stance stays. The hostesses here are clueless and honestly quite bad. Where they suggest to seat you is without thought and flatly idiotic. I could really do without them. But once again the desserts and waitress make up for it.

The place is quite spacious with a nice bar areas when you first enter with plenty of stools and a few small tables. They have live music here during the week and it really gets packed especialy with the happy hour people. The dining room is a nice size but sme of the table configurations do not make any sense. The outdoor patio dining in the summer is my favorite part of this place. Liz and I enjoy a few desserts or some nachos on the patio before heading off to a movie across the street or for some shopping.

As for the food it is also hit or miss. I have had bad steak sandwiches here that were gross and tasted like the grill. I have had good nachos that were crispy and piled high with toppings and I have had soggy nachos. The one thing here that is a constant good is the desserts. The apple crisp (when available) is incredibly good....and in my top five list. The Tollhouse cookie pie is also an incredible dessert and my back up when the crisp is not available. The brownie sundae is also good as is the apple pie.

Favorite Dish: The apple crisp, tollhouse cookie pie, brownie sundae and apple pie are the resons to come here.

Instant Answers: Greenwich