Groton Restaurants

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Sal's Diner: A local place for a decent breakfast

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 3, 2010
    My Challah French Toast

Sal's is your typical American diner here in Groton that serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks.

The decor is anything but typical and a bit on the small side, with silver "tin" like ceilings, blue and orange booths and large picture windows with quirky space themed picture frames. The "space" theme is seen everywhere throughout the diner and gives it a "futuristic" vibe. The exterior of the diner reminded me of a old-style large bus.

Service here was good. The diner was a little busy but we didn't wait more than 5 minutes. We were seated at a booth and menus along with water were brought to us.

Personally I prefer eating breakfast when I come to a diner, particularly during a road trip. During this particular trip, although our hotel provided a lite breakfast, Ferni and I decided to grab a full breakfast instead. The diner is conveniently located within close proximaty to the hotel which made it an easy choice.

Favorite Dish: We each quickly decided what we wanted to order, I decided on the Challah Frech Toast with a side of home fries. The French toast was excellent and I loved their version of a yummy maple syrup. Ferni decided on his usual, the steak and scrambled eggs which he said was quite good.

We would definitely come back here for another breakfast while in the area.

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Olio: One of the Best Restaurants In the Area

by gaolei Updated Oct 28, 2007

The Olio restaurant is located in a rather non-glamorous location, but you soon forget that when you walk inside. The decor is modernistic minimal white and black and the food is fantastic. The specials are really special and the routine dishes are great. This really is a unique dining experience.

Additionally, our server was both charming and efficient. She spouted the rather complex specials from memory perfectly. She was quick and attentive.

Always call for reservations on the weekend!

Favorite Dish: The specials always offer something you won't see in the other restaurants in the area. Last time, I had the tuna on mushroom polenta with a mango sauce. WOW!

• Texapina's Profile Photo

Paul's Pasta: Don't miss great Pasta and fresh seafood

by Texapina Written Jul 4, 2004

This place is awesome! The pasta is fresh and the view from the restaurant's deck is fantastic. You can even take home fresh, homemade pasta from the display case right inside the front door. It's a place where you can show up casually dressed and kick back and relax with friends after a hard day's work.

It's right next to an Army-Navy Surplus store so if you're a military gear collector or just want to browse, stop by there on the way to supper!

Favorite Dish: Anything and everything! You'll get huge portions so don't be ashamed to ask for a doggie bag.

• The North Deli is one of...

by Stormie9999 Written Aug 24, 2002

The North Deli is one of Groton's best kept secrets.Located next to TJMaxx. They make the most awesome sandwiches in the area.
    Small and often crowded at lunch time. Well worth the wait.

Favorite Dish: Corn beef and pastrami sandwich

Instant Answers: Groton

Comments

Groton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Groton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Groton sightseeing.