Ledyard Center Restaurants

• Restaurants
    The bar
    by Gypsystravels
    Getring ready to enjoy my meal

Most Recent Restaurants in Ledyard Center

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Festival Buffet: Buffet time!

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 7, 2011
    Plate number one...

Ah, there's nothing that adds to my casino experience quite like a nice buffet. Having won a few $ at the machines, I wanted to win some more at the Festival Buffet. Lunch is $17 for an adult, and while that sounds on the high side, it is pretty reasonable for a good buffet. As you enter the dining room, the first thing you pass is the dessert bar...but save that for later. In the middle of the room is a large salad bar, with all the complements to a salad. From there, there are a number of stations (BBQ, Asian, Italian, Seafood, etc.)

Because I hit the buffet early in the lunch hour, not everything was up and running, which was disappointing. Thus, I got nothing from the Italian station. While some of the other stations were quite good, taking out one or two really does make a difference. Some of the fish dishes were good, but I felt the standout was the Asian station, with some delicious fried rice and stir frys.

The desserts were a little disappointing, but they do have the requisite soft serve ice cream, which is always a great finish.

Servers had the drinks filled frequently and the plates cleared often.

Overall, the food is pretty good, and although this would be a "skip" in Vegas, it's definitely a good choice outside of that standard.

Sports Stadium Bar & Grill: View a game while you eat

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 21, 2009

The bar

We've been here a couple of times during our many visits to Foxwoods, sometimes for just food, and sometimes for just a quick drink.

The restaurant/bar is quite large with a nice size bar. There are a few beers on tap as well as bottled beers. The bar has large tv screens opposite of eachother and is called the Rivalry bar. The Yankees on one side, Redsoxs on the other. There seems to be some sort of score keeping for games.

We usually take a sit at the bar. We've had their waffle cheese fries, chicken bites 5 boroughs fajita quesadilla and their cesear chicken salad and we've been happy with our meal every single time.

For drinks, Ferni has had Heinekens which are priced right at $3.50 and I usually will have a Blue Moon $6.

Favorite Dish: We've had their waffle cheese fries, chicken bites 5 boroughs fajita quesadilla and their cesear chicken salad. All quite good. Prices are quite reasonable as well.

• Wine Tasting
    • Casino and Gambling

Noodle Shop: An overpriced noodle place

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 31, 2009

After 1 am this is the only place that is open (on a weekday) for a meal and if you are hungry, like I was after watching Ferni play poker, then you have no other choice but to eat here.

I hadn't eaten anything all day and thought that my favorite place, Dim Sum was open and much to my surprise they were closed. I decided to come here and grab something to eat.

The place is considered a fast food type restaurant and with a varied selection of Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese dishes.

I settled on a noodle and pork dish and some dumplings, all for the whopping price of $19 including a soda.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with some really nice Chinese themed tiles.

Favorite Dish: The dumplings were good but the noodles were bland and barely had any pork, after a few bites I decided I rather be a bit hungry than leave there with a tummy ache, so I didn't take another bite.

I am sure that maybe another item may have been a better choice, but, oh well.

Golden Dragon: The DimSum is excellent

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 31, 2009

I've been here a couple of times and the food is consistently very good. Their prices, like most of the restaurants here in Foxwoods are a bit steep, but when you are in the Foxwoods there aren't other choices of places to eat other than the restaurants here in the Casino.

We made reservations (highly recommended during any busy time, i.e. concert, tournaments). We were seated after waiting about 5 minutes at a really nice table for two and were given the menus. The waitress was quite nice and we placed our order quite quickly.

This restaurant always has long lines, especially on a Sunday, so plan

Favorite Dish: Ferni is a creature of habit and isn't too venturous with foods because of a stomach issue, so he ordered plain white rice with chunks of chicken breast lightly battered, fried to a golden brown (name escapes now). I had spring rolls, dumplings and shrimp balls as well as an order of spare ribs.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Burke in the Box: Now, this is the place to have a burger!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 31, 2009

We stopped in here to have a burger as I had read some really good reviews. The restaurant is owned by Celebrity chef David Burke and he also owns Prime which is an upscale steak house here in Foxwoods.

The restaurant serves cold sandwiches as well as a few other items, but we were here for the burger.

We each ordered a cheese burger, I like mine medium well and Ferni likes his well done. My burger was quite good and juicy, but Ferni didn't care too much for his burger. I would think that having a burger well done would do that.

You place your order at the counter and are given a number and wait til they come over with your order. There are a few booths and some tables as well as a high counter to have your meal.

Favorite Dish: I loved my burger which was cooked perfectly and quite juicy. Ferni said his burger was just okay and said he doesn't think he would bother to come here again especially with so many other places to eat.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Ben & Jerry's: Ice Cream Time

by cjg1 Updated Mar 10, 2009

Liz and her Caramel Chunk Waffle Cone

I was not surprised to see Ben & Jerry's at Foxwoods. I knew there would be some ice cream chain avaialble for guests. This Ben & Jerry's had sundaes, milkshakes, fruit smoothies, coffee beverages , cones and waffle bowls. They had a nice selection of flavors but Liz's favorite Cinamon Bun Ice Cream was not available.

Liz and I are both big fans of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. After a long drive in the car Liz was in the mood for a cone. The line for ice cream was long and slow moving but we beared it knowing that ice cream would be the reward. Since they didn't carry Liz's favorite flavor she decided to try something new; Caramel Chunk Ice Cream on a waffle cone

I originally didn't want ice cream but afetr having a taste of Liz's Caramel Chunk Waffle Cone, I knew I'd be steling a few more bites.

Favorite Dish: Liz had a Caramel Chunk Waffle Cone. It was caramel ice cream with chunks of caramel wrapped in fudge. The ice cream was incredible good and I stole more than a few bites of Liz's cone.

The prices here are not cheap. It was almost $7 just for a cone. We both didn't care about the price since the ice cream was so delicious and hit the spot.

Fudruckers: More like FudYUCKers

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 30, 2008

Well, at least the shake was yummy!

From the title of my tip you can tell I definitely did not like this place. I would really like to know where they derive their assumption of being the "World's Best Burger" buy who's standards?

Ferni and I both ordered a burger. Ferni had a regular 1/3 cheeseburger while I had the 1/3 bacon-cheddar burger. OMG, it was quite bad. The burger here happens to be the 2nd worst I have had (next to Zelda's in Newport). It lacked flavor and even though it was cooked rare, it was dry. The bun was way too big for the burger and I took two bites and left the rest! And that fixin's bar...who thought of that concept? With everyone putting their hands in there I would never eat anything from it. YUCK is the best way to describe their burgers.

The fries weren't bad, they had some sort of seasoning sprinkled on them which made them spicy. The only good thing that we ordered were the milk shakes. The vanilla was quite yummy, think, and tasteful.

I'd definitely would not be coming here again, and if I do, it would only be for the milk shakes....

Favorite Dish: The milk shake!

• daddygila's Profile Photo

Green Onion ll: An Extremely large Calzone

by daddygila Updated Nov 5, 2004
    Green Onion ll

Simple local ambience, great and friendly service, reasonable prices and one of the largest Calzone you woill find anywhere. One calzone is "almost" impossible to finish. Try the sausage and pepperoni house Calzone for $7.50

Favorite Dish: The sausage and pepperoni house Calzone

Instant Answers: Ledyard Center

Comments

Ledyard Center Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ledyard Center restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ledyard Center sightseeing.

View all Ledyard Center hotels