Cheney Hall: Concerts & Local Small-town Theater
This is an historic building in Manchester, which has thankfully recently been restored to its original purpose--to give some cultural events to the local residents. It was originally built by the Cheneys that owned the nearby mills for their employees. Now it is used for small concerts and by the Little Theater of Manchester. It is a simple hall (inside) with a flat floor with ordinary chairs for the audience, & a raised stage (kind of like going to a production at your kid's school--unless your kid's school has a fancy auditorium!).
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
- Theater Travel
Q Club & Pool Factory: Pool/Billiards
The Q Club is at 395 Broad St., in the plaza next to the Shaws plaza.
The Pool Factory is at 1131 Tolland Tpke, in the Burr Corners Plaza in the Buckland area.
I know the Oak St. Pub also has pool tables, and according to the phone book the Sportsman's Cafe also does. (see the "not much" tip under nightlife).
The phone book also lists World Championship Billiards at 171 Spencer St., which I believe is in the little plaza sharing the same driveway with the Dunkin Donuts. 860-646-8682
Other bars: There's not much
1. Silk City Cafe at 485 Hartford Rd. sometimes has live music on the weekends, although they don't seem to be getting much of a crowd lately. 860-649-4808
2. Hartford Road Cafe is a quieter kind of place. 378 Hartford Rd., 860-646-1044
3. Sportsman's Cafe at 208 Spruce St. is your basic bar with TV's. 860-643-0715
4. Oak St. Pub at 30 Oak St. is a basic bar with pool/billiards. 860-646-1086
5. Main Pub at 306 Main St. at the corner of Main St. & W. Middle Tpke. (across from the 24-hr Walgreens) is also popular. 860-647-1551
6. There's also a sports bar in the corner of the Parkade that I can't think of its name.
7. All Stars at 119 Spencer St is a little bigger & seems to be drawing a pretty good crowd on the weekends. The sign looks like it's sports-themed, but on the weekends I've seen bands loading up their vans, so I'm not sure how to classify it. 860-432-1982
This list is not exhaustive, just what came to mind off the top of my head.
Hungry Tiger Cafe: Dancing
It's one of the most popular spots on the weekend when they have live music for dancing. It's much smaller than the places in Hartford, but if you don't feel like going into Hartford, it's an alternative.
Parking is in the parking lot below & in back. There is NO street parking, but the lot is free.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices