2 areas for caution
1. The Spruce St. area (one block east of downtown Main St.
2. Squire Village apartments on Spencer St. (might also be called Imperial Dr., Ruby Drive, Queens Ct., or Channing Dr.--those are the little streets within the complex).
Neither comes even close to the North End and Parkville areas of Hartford, but they are what I would consider the higher risk areas of Manchester in terms of personal safety. There's no reason why you'd be in the 2nd one unless you were actually going TO one of those apartments--it's not like it's an area you'd go thru getting to somewhere else.
The 1st area is of primary concern at night, but its proximity to downtown means you should observe caution there, too; but since nothing on Main St. is open at night except the 7-11, this probably wouldn't be an issue.
Buckland not pedestrian friendly
It's surprising to me, considering the number of hotels & apartments/condos in the area, but the town has not seen fit to make the whole Buckland area (the mall & it's "suburbs") pedestrian-friendly. The roads & driveways are often 4-lane, the intersections often don't have cross lights. So while things may be close by, you may take your life in your hands walking!
- Budget Travel
- Business Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.