Mayberry Village Restaurants

Everyone Ate At These Locations: The Local Eating Establishments in Town

by Tooker Updated Jun 29, 2007

Marco-Polo Restaurant (today)

Cannon's Store:
    # 4 Great Hill Rd. (up the Village). Almost Everyone bought their grocerys from here. Of course Candy & Ice Cream also. I cannot count the amount of times that My Mother sent me to the Store for something.

Brooksies Corner Store:
    # 1071 Burnside Ave. (bottom of the Village). Like a 5 & 10 cent store. Cigarettes, candy, soda, cupcakes, etc. The owners daughters name was Carol Brooks.

Bergren's Dairy:
    # 1100 Burnside Ave. Ice Cream Parlor, Their Milk trucks delivered Milk, to the residents of East Hartford. Was the Local Hangout. Jim Gallagher Mgr., and Whitety worked behind the counter. We used to take the Store bottles out of the Milk Trucks, and turn them in for cash at the Dairy. (naughty Huh)

Frankies Drive-in.
    # 1250 Burnside Ave. (next to the marco-polo). We used to hang around hear, and play the Pinball machines,coffee, soda, etc.

Marco-Polo Restaurant.
    # 1250 Burnside Ave. Hangout for the drinking age. Bar, Food, and Pizza.
    The Picture to the left is of the Marco Polo Restaurant, as it appears today.

SKI'S DRIVE-IN.
    Was and No longer located on Pitkin St. E.Htfd. A short distance from Mickey's.Ed.
    I remember going there and being able to order 3 Hotdogs and a Milkshake for $1.00. I still get hungry just thinking about it.

Deci's Drive In
    Was Located on Center Street in Manchester, near Willy's Steak House. Similar to Mickey's and Augies.

Augie & Ray's: Next Restaurant

by Tooker Updated Nov 1, 2003
    Augie & Rays (today)

AUGIE & RAYS DRIVE-IN.
    Family Owned and Operated for Three Generations, since 1946. Was and Still located on S.Main St, at the corner of Brewer St./Main St. Near Pratt & Whitney Aircraft. Augie, Ray, Ray Jr., Butchy, Ernie, and latest High school jocks. Local Hangout, in the 50's and 60's. Ernie Hutt is still one of the present owners. Great Food, Hotdogs, Hamburgs, Fish, Clams, etc. This is another place you will always find the time to stop at when you are in the area. I love their Hotdogs. Has not changed the Hotdog Sauce recipe for 50 years. Also Edictive.
    See todays Photo to your left.

Favorite Dish: I have lived in this town for 62 years, and My tastebuds will still not decide which of the two Drive In Restaurants in Town, I like better.
    It would not be fair for me to make a decision. I know the Owners of both Restaurants well.
    I really love both locations.
    Augie & Rays and Mickey's Oceanic Grill.
    Try them both, and I'll bet you will not be able to decide either.
    I really enjoy still being able to go to both locations. Nice People.

Mickey's Oceanic Grill: More Restaurants

by Tooker Updated Nov 1, 2003

MICKEY

MICKEYS DRIVE-IN.
    Family owned and run since 1953: Was and Still located on Pitkin St. E.Htfd. I can still remember Fran, Brownie, Obie, Dell, from the past. Always Fast Service, Which has always been their policy. Local Hangout in the 50's and 60's. Hotdogs,Hamburgs, Fish, (the best fish sandwiches), Clams, etc. If you happen to be passing through E.Htfd, this is a place you will always find the time to stop at when you are in the area. This is no lie. The Hotdog Sauce, same recipe for 50 years.Edictive.. The name has been changed to MICKEY"S OCEANIC GRILL.
    See present photo to your left.

Favorite Dish: When I was a teenager, I always loved their Hotdogs and Meat Sauce. But you really cannot find a better Fish Sandwich. This is a no nonsence statement. Try one.

Instant Answers: Mayberry Village

Comments

Mayberry Village Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mayberry Village restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mayberry Village sightseeing.

View all Mayberry Village hotels