Milford Shopping

by cjg1

Most Recent Shopping in Milford

Dick's: Sporting Goods

by cjg1 Updated Nov 10, 2010

Dick's is a sporting goods store located in the Westfield Mall. They carry everything from clothing to large exercise equipment and sporting goods. My wife and I decided to start a gym at home instead of having to drive to the gym for some exercise. Dick's has a large selection of excercise equipment and we were able to find exactly what we wanted for a decent price.

The sales associate was very helpful and loaded the machine into the back of our truck.

Baker's: Women's Shoes & Accesories

by cjg1 Updated Nov 1, 2010

Baker's carries affordable women's shoes and often are of the trendy variety. My wife doesn't like to spend a fortune on trendy shoes that will be out of style by next season so she visits Baker's for affordable trendy styles. They carry a variety of shoes and accessories.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Jos. A. Bank: Travelers Shirts for Me..........

by cjg1 Updated Nov 1, 2010

Jos. A. Bank is a men's clothing store that carries business and casula attire. This where i like to get my work shirts; in particular their "Traveler's Shirts". Their Traveler's shirts are wrinkle free; button down shirts and come in a variety of fabrics, colors and cuff styles. I also find these shirts useful when taking a cruise since their are no irons allowed on board for passengers. They also have a nice selection of ties in a rainbow of colors to choose from.

Pricing for shirts are very reasonable with most Treveler shirts ranging between $70-$90. Their sales can be very good with excellent pricing on all their merchandise.

What to buy: My recent visit to this store was to replace a shirt that I had "left" in a hotel during a recent hotel run. Fortunately they had the exact same shirt in stock as well as another of the same style but in a nice pale blue. Both shirts are French cuff; which I prefer since I am a big wearer of cuff links.

V.I.P: Adult Fun

by cjg1 Updated Oct 11, 2010

V.I.P. is a shop that caters to "adult" items if you get my meaning. They also have lingerie, clothing, stocking and shoes for ladies as well. My wife likes their selection of stocking and we often stop here to pick her up a few pairs.

During Halloween season they have a nice selction of Hallowen costumes. We recently brought a friend here to do some Halloween costume shopping with us. SHe managed to find a nice costume and even stocking to match the ensemble. My wife picked up a costume as well and a few pairs of stockings.

White House Black Market: Women's Clothing

by cjg1 Updated May 5, 2010

White House Black Market is a women's clothing store and a favorite of Liz's. The store carries items in their signature "Black & White" hues. The store has everything from jewelry, shoes, tops, shirtspants, sweaters, jackets, skirts, dresses and handbags. The sales associates in this particular store are extremely friendly and helpful. They always remember us when we come in to shop. This store is always a stop of us when in Milford.

The dressing rooms of this store are the largest I have seen out of their other locations. There are nice comfy ottomans to sit on as I wait for Liz to model her latest selctions.

What to buy: Anything a woman could want. Liz has several of their dresses, skirts, tops and jackets.

Our last visit here I bought Liz a blue cardigan she had wanted in the catalog but couldn't find at our local store at home. We caled the store and they were out of stock as well but tok our name, phone number and size. They called two days later to tell us the sweater had just arrived. The excellent service at this store will keep us returning again and again.

What to pay: Prices vary but most dresses are anywhere from $138-179 in price. Sale dresses can be found for as little as $39. Tops can be anywhere from $59 and up.

For the most part this place is not expensive and any woman can afford it.

Westfield Mall: Westfield Mall

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 27, 2010

The Westfield Center have a few of the stores Ferni and I enjoy shopping in as well as a few nice places to grab something to eat and of course the movie theatre.

We'll usually combine our day at the movies with some shopping and grabbing a light meal and maybe a few drinks.

Some of our favorite shops are:

Victoria's Secret

Buffallo Wild Wings
    Blackbear Saloon
    Starbucks

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

As seen on TV: Gadgets and gifts for the whole family

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 13, 2010

Everyone has seen those gadgets that are "SOLD ONLY ON TV", well, this store basically sells just about everything that is advertised as only selling on tv.

The store carries a wide range of items from home and beauty, household items, kitchen gadgets, pet items, exercise and health items, electronics, childrens items, novelty items and everything in between.

So, if you are considering purchasing one of those items that are advertised on tv and just don't know for sure, you can stop in one of these stores and check out the item before purchasing it.

I haven't purchased anything at this store, but found that if there was anything I wanted, I would rather purchase it from a store than from tv.

NOTE: Check out their website for a list of items you can purchase at the store.

What to buy: All sorts of items and gadgets.

Macy*s: Typical Macy*s

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 13, 2010

Macy's is one of those department stores where you can find just about everything you are looking for. I've been shopping at Macy's for years, and this particular store is a nice one. They have your usual items that you can find at all department stores with a nice selection of household furnishings, bath and kitchen items, clothing for men, women and children, beauty products, a fantastic shoe department, and a really nice bridal registry.

The sales associates are always quite nice and quick to assit you in whatever it is you are looking for.

One of the good thigs about Macy's is their sales, and if you hold a Macy's card you get added discounts as well as early bird specials which can add up to nice savings.

What to buy: I recently purchased a few gifts off a bridal registry for a friend who is getting married in a few months.

What to pay: Depending on the item, prices are quite reasonable.

Yankee Candle: I enjoy their holiday scents

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 13, 2010

Yankee Candle has always been a favorite place to pick up some nice scented candles for the home (or whereever you want to use candles). They carry a pretty large selection of sizes from the tea lights to the jars as well as different scents to suit just about anyone. Their candle accessories are quite nice as well with a selection of candle holders, difussers, oils, air freshners for the car, and a host of other items.

Whenever I am in the Westfield I usually will stop in the see if there are any new scents which I may like. I like visiting right after the Christmas holidays when their holiday scents are on sale.

If you enjoy their items, log on their website and sign up for their emails where you can benefit from discounts and other promotional deals.

What to buy: I usually purchase their Christmas scents which I enjoy lighting up during the holidays to make my home smell more like the season. I also purchase their scented car freshners.

What to pay: Prices range from about

Gymboree: Cute inexpensive children's clothing

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 13, 2010

Gymboree is a national chain children's clothing store that you can probably find in most of the major shopping centers.

They carry a really nice selection of clothing for children from newborns to 5 years old (give or take a year).

The prices is pretty good especially when you come during one of their sales where you can probably get some really good deals, up to abut 60% off.

I've purchased Leo quite a few items from particularly some shirts, shorts, hat, underwears, socks, jeans, sweaters and a jacket.

The quality is quite good considering the prices.

What to buy: Anything from children's underclothes to outerwear and everything in between.

What to pay: Prices ranges from inexpensive to mid range and if you come during a sale items can be as low as 60% off.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Barnes and Noble: When buying a travel guide....

by cjg1 Updated Dec 28, 2009

This Barnes and Noble is a decent sized store located in a large shopping plaza. They have a good sized travel section so we like to browse through the section for a new book or guide. Our most recent trip here was right after Christmas. Liz had a gift certificate to use and I was looking for a travel book for one of our upcoming trips. I found a new DK travel book as well as a map for a later trip.

What to buy: Anything related to travel.

Macy's: One of the Nicest Macy's I've Been To

by cjg1 Updated Dec 28, 2009

The Macy's in Milford is one of the nicest Macy's I have been to. Macy's has something for everyone from homewares, jewelry, furniture, clothing, shoes and cosmetics. The department store is clean and well organized with friendly staff. Liz and I usually stop at Macy's when visiting Milford. here are always some sort of sale happening so it is very easy to get a bargain. The men's department in Macy's is particularly nice with a good selection of buisness and casual clothing. Liz is a fan of their shoe department since they have a large selction and helpful staff.

What to buy: I have purchased many items here from casual shirts, pants, ties and shoes. Our last visit here was the weekend after Christmas. I had several gift certificates to use in the mall and something to return at Macy's. I found a nice pair of leather gloves with cashmere lining for $39.99.

What to pay: Affordable

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Yankee Candle: Every Candle You Could Ever Want...

by cjg1 Updated Dec 26, 2008

We love Yankee Candles and often find ourselves here to pick up some of our favorites. The store is small but has a nice selction of candles in an array of fragrances.

What to buy: Harvest, Strawberry Fields and Vanilla are our favorite candles to take home.

What to pay: Inexpensive

Christmas Tree Shoppe: Cheap Photo Albums

by cjg1 Updated Dec 26, 2008

The Christmas Tree Shoppe has a bit of everything: seasonal items, candles, picture frames, toys, housewares, cards, picture frames and more. It's normally crowded with shoppers whenever we shop here. We primarily come to the store for inexpensive photo albums and tea lights. We have enough seasonal items and decorations so we can bypass that section all together.

What to pay: Photo albums from $3.99-$5.99

• Osmun79's Profile Photo

Good Chocolate

by Osmun79 Written Feb 5, 2007

H.Mangels Confectioners is run by Paul, a family friend of mine. His grandfather started making chocolate truffels in NYC a long time ago using simple batch recipes. The chocolate is preservative-free and amazingly good and the truffels come in ALOT of flavors. He even has some candies for those who are diabetic or vegan ( Dark Chocolate especially).

What to buy: Anything you see.. I don't know. All of his items are good!

For people on a budget, start with a sampler of a 12 or 14 pack for around $20.

What to pay: It really depends. Prices are listed on the site: http://hmangels.com

• Singles

Instant Answers: Milford

Comments

Milford Shopping

Reviews and photos of Milford shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Milford sightseeing.