Milford Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Milford

Connecticut Transit Bus Line

by ariesm44 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Logo

Bus line connections to/from New Haven along the West Haven shore to downtown Milford.

J7 - Kimberly Ave Line for schedule info

Recent fair: $1.25

Web site link below has lots of transport links and phone numbers

Walking

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 27, 2010

If you are in the down town area, it is quite easy to walk around, but Milford is a small town and most of the stuff you'd do will require you to drive.

Ferni and I like walking around the down town area near the Milford Landing, its a nice little area to walk in.

Metro North

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 27, 2010

There is a Metro North Station here in Milford although I will be honest I have never personally taken it to Milford.

The train leaves Grand Central Station and takes about 1.5 hours to reach the station stop here in Milford.

I have included the link to the Metro North for anyone looking to get here from NYC

• Trains

Driving

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 13, 2010

Driving during a bit of snow

Ferni and I always drive to Milford as it is the easiest and most covenient way for us to get around. We usually stop in Milford for a movie, shopping or something to eat and driving allows us to get in the car and stop wherever we want.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Driving

by cjg1 Updated Dec 31, 2009

Milford is one of those places that's close enough to spend the day and far enough from home that you feel as if you have escaped. We often hop on I-95 and in a few minutes we are crossing the border of New York into Connecticut and on our way North for a shopping excursion to Milford , a road trip or to visit some friends.

We have also taken the Merritt Parkway to get to Milford since it is usually less congested traffic wise compared to I-95 as well as being picturesque.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

DRIVING

by moiraistyx Written Sep 13, 2007

For me the easiest way of getting to and around Milford was to drive. Milford is a short hop off of interstates 84 and/or 95. Just be sure to give yourself extra travel time, because as I have learned, the best laid plans of mice and men, always get screwed up by construction and accidents along interstate 84 and 95.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

METRO NORTH RAILROAD

by moiraistyx Written Sep 13, 2007

During one of my trips in summer 2006, I agreed to pick up my travel partner at the railroad station. This was easier than me traveling down to NYC to pick him up since I was coming from Hyde Park. The only thing that made this a pain in the ass, was the one way skinny streets and the construction that was going on at the time.

• Osmun79's Profile Photo

From NYC to Milford

by Osmun79 Written Feb 5, 2007

Metronorth trains run about every 1/2 hr to Milford from Grand Central and usually cost around 10-11 one way. From the train station, you can walk down past Bank Of America and pop into Cafe Atlantique for a quick bite and a latte ( they also have great beer such as Boddingtons).

• Trains

Milford Transit District

by ariesm44 Written Aug 5, 2005

Milford Transit District

Sorry no web link, but this bus line runs only around Milford. Link with CT Transit bus to New Haven in downtown Milford. I do believe you can also get buses to Bridgeport CT from downtown, but I have not taken them.

Train service

by ariesm44 Written Mar 18, 2005

MTA

MTA Metro North trains are easy to get from downtown Milford. To/from Grand Central Station in NYC with peak fares about $16 one way. Commuter time travel has frequent service, then hourly otherwise. BUY YOUR TICKET BEFORE YOU BOARD! Save $3.

AMTRAK service does not stop in Milford, but you can go the short ride to either Bridgeport or New Haven for that. That enables travel from Boston-Washington DC and more.

Instant Answers: Milford

Comments

Milford Transportation

Reviews and photos of Milford transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Milford sightseeing.