Mystic Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Mystic

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Schaefer's Spouter's Tavern: Lunch At A Rustic Tavern

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 26, 2007

Right in the midst of the seafaring village, what do we see? Schaefer's Spouter's Tavern! It fits right in with the 18th century buildings and serves great sandwiches, soup and 5 cent beer. We felt like one of the mateys! It's open for lunch on the weekends.

Stop by, it gives you time to absorb the whole atmosphere of Mystic!

• Seniors

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Ten Clams

by Pawtuxet Updated Jan 30, 2008

Ten Clams isn't fancy, they don't do "gourmet". It's just a clean, inexpensive, convenient spot to have simple good food. It's easy to hop off Rte. 95 at Mystic, go into the recreated village, and enjoy a quick burger...chowder...caesar salad w/ grilled chicken... and hop back on the highway. We stopped when doing some antique store hopping, but whatever your path...you can get there, park and have a quick lunch without a lot of fuss.

• Architecture

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Mystic Clipper: Get out of my Galley!!

by kaloz Written Feb 16, 2003

The grub was good and warming. The galley isn't large and it is surprising what cook could do on that small stove. We didn't lack for grub, and the provisions were fresh.

Favorite Dish: Chowders and "Whaleburger" were among the favorites, but you eats whatever cook cooks, or ya goes hungry, and none took that road. Fish from the sea, and greens from the land; eggs from chickens and fresh meats were on hand. Wash it all down with a bottle of Rum. Black coffee in the morn will get you off your bum.

Cook

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Mystic Pizza: A Little Slice of Heaven

by kaloz Written Feb 16, 2003

When in Port, ye might want to try the grub at Mystic Pizza. There was a movie by that title with Julia Roberts. There are some good views of the town of Mystic. It won't look the same on the inside as that was a set. But check out the views from the bridge across the river.

Favorite Dish: Pizza!

Town under our bow sprit

• dracko's Profile Photo

Portuguese Fisherman's: Excellent seafood

by dracko Written Nov 17, 2002

It's an excellent mom & pop seafood restaurant. Food was very fresh and very delicious, even if it was a bit different from your usual seafood fare in the way that it's prepared. I'd definitely recommend that you visit this place. Prices are also very reasonable, considering the locale.

Favorite Dish: I had the salmon. Can't remember the exact name of the dish, but it was grilled, with a very unusual sauce, it may have been mango. Served over rice, it was great. My plate was licked clean!

The Ground Round(CLOSED): A Pit Stop for some Food

by cjg1 Updated May 29, 2012

The Ground Round is a guilty pleasure for us when we are visiting Mystic or passing through on a roadtrip. The Ground Round is a chain of restaurants that are slowly dying out across the country. The place is atached to a hotel and is actulayy quite large. Ther is a large dining area as well as a bar with booths. The menu here consists of burgers, appetizers, sandwiches, salads, desserts and entrees. It's one of those family friendly type chain restaurants.

The service here as always been excellent and friendly. We enjoy sitting in the bar area so we can catch up on some sport scores and avoid the "children" in the dining room. The burgers here are crap so don't order them. The spinach artichoke dip here is excellent and makes a perfect snack when passing through or if you're not in need of a full meal. The artichoke dip is incredible...I would say top three in my book. It is a nice sized protion and is served with plenty of tortilla chips for dipping. Our favorite item from the Ground Round is their Cinnamon Dippers for dessert. The Cinnamon Dippers are fried dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Chocolate sauce and some sort of icing are served on the side for dipping. The dippers are unbelievable good....and we always finish every dipper on the plate.
    The beer selection here isn't half bad and they make a good margarita.

It's definitely one of our guilty pleasures stops when we are in the area.

Favorite Dish: The artichoke spinach dip and the Cinnamon dippers are our favorites.

• Disabilities

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Mystic Pizza: Mystic Pizza

by AcornMan Written Dec 13, 2004

Yes, there really is a pizza place in Mystic called Mystic Pizza, though it doesn't look like the one depicted in the move and you won't find Julia Roberts sweeping the floor there. To tell you the truth there's nothing particularly special about this place. In fact, few people would even know about it were it not for the movie. But if you're in Mystic and you've had enough seafood this may be a good choice for you.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

S&P Oyster Company: S&P Oyster Company

by AcornMan Written Jan 14, 2005

Located on the west side of the drawbridge (i.e. the side closest to Rhode Island), S&P Oyster Company overlooks the river and gives diners great views of all the boats going by. It also happens to serve great seafood. If you like softshell crab sandwiches this is definitely the place.

The Steak Loft: Love the Salad Bar

by cjg1 Updated Nov 15, 2010

The Steak Loft is a restaurant located right off og I-95 near the Mystik Village Shops. We were on a roadtrip headed North and growing quite hubgry for diner when we decided to stop off in Mystic. I had never been here before but my wife has eaten here previously; so I decided to try it out.

It was a Friday night and the parking lot looked jammed but we manged to find a spot right in front. Surprisingly the restaurant had no wait and is quite spacious with several dining areas as well as a huge bar. Our waitress seated us at a nice table for two in the second dining room.

As the name implies; the Steak Loft has a large selection of steak as well as seafood, chicken and other items. I was feeling like meat so I went with the filet with stuffed shrimp and a side of red mashed potato. Liz chose the Maryland Crabcakes and steak fries for her entree. We chose unsweetened ice teas as our beveregaes. All meals come with the unlimited salad bar; which to me was the best part of the meal. The sald bar has large iceberg wedges; quite nice along with assorted cold salads, breads and the usual salad fixings. I loved my iceberg wedge pilled with blue cheese, cucumbers, broccoli, bacon and croutons (which were rather good).

Our food arrived quickly and we dug in. My meat was very good; cooked perfectly to a medium rare. I wasn't overly thrilled by the exterior charring but it was good regardless. The shrimp stuffing was good but the shrimp itself were hard to eat due to they were still attached to their shell. My potatos were okay but I liked my wife's steak fries better and managed to steal a bunch from her plate. Liz enjoyed here crab cakes and upon tasting a bite I discovered how good they were for myself.

We manged to still have room for dessert and ordered a strawberry shortcake for me and an apple crisp for my wife. I loved my strawberry shortcake. The cake was moist, the strawberries were sweet and I loved the ice cream. Liz wasn't thriled with her crisp. It was overly sweet and had tons of rasins in it (what are raisins doing in a crisp?). She made due and just enjoyed the vanilla ice cream on top.

I must admit for a place smack in the middle of tourist central it had good food and service for a price that doesn't break the bank. I would definitely return here; probably not have the shrimp again but that salad bar was excellent.

Filet and Stuffed Shrimp Apple Crisp Strawberry Shortcake Crab Cakes and Steak Fries Salad

Equinox Diner: Good Diner Food

by cjg1 Updated May 29, 2012

The Equinox Diner is a good stop to grab a bit to eat when passing through Mystic on the way North or South or if you are visiting Mystic for the day. It is located right off of I-95; so it is a quick hop off/on for travelers. The diner is relatively new and is a large space. Inside the diner there are many booths and tables in funky shades of blue, green and yellow...it does feel like an old school diner.

The menu has the typical diner fare with some interesting blue plate specials. Our first trip here was for breakfast. We were seated rather quickly at a nice booth and handed menus. I knew I wanted a hot chocolate and Liz had a club soda with lime. It was tough to decide what I wanted but I eventually decided to have the Eggs Benedict. Liz decided to have the Belgian Waffles with Cinamon Apples. Our food came in record time and the portions were plentiful. I loved my eggs and enjoyed the Hollandaise sauce. Liz loved her waffled and finished the whole thing. The food here is good and the service was spot on.

We usually come here for breakfast but on occasion it is a later meal when headed south to home after a roadtrip. Our most recent meal here was Memorial Day weekend heading back home. I enjoyed a Gyro plate while my wife had a bagel and cream cheese; got to love the breakfast anytime option.

Favorite Dish: The Eggs Benedict was very good.

• Disabilities

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Five Guys Burgers & Fries: Simple great tasting burgers

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 11, 2009

Five Guys seem to be everywhere these days. Their concept is great and their food even better. They started with one location and now have franchises all over the place. They have now popped up in other towns in Connecticut as well as one in Queens, NY and even in Washington, DC. and I am sure in many other places as well.

We had slept in and didn't leave our hotel until close to check out, so we thought we'd skip breakfast and have an early lunch. We arrived at 11:00 am sharp and were their first customers. By the time we left sometime around 11:45 am this place was packed!! Ferni is a big fan of trying burger places, so it wasn't hard to decide on this place.

The place was small with a counter to place your order from the board, pay and wait while it is prepared. You can grab a hand full of peanuts while you wait and if you ordered fountain soda, you are given cups so to fill your own. The burgers were so, so juicy!!! I like a simple burger, not those that try too hard with different types of buns. This burger was just good and thei fries were cooked to perfection.

The "regular" burger is a double burger cooked your way with choices of toppings.

Five Guys is located in a small no-descript shopping center where you will also find Starbucks.

Favorite Dish: They have a simple menu with burgers and hot dogs. I had the double bacon burger and a small fountain coke, Ferni had his double cheeseburger with a side of fries (the guy assured us it was plenty for us both, and he was so right).

We would definitely come back and would highly recommend this place.

My bacon double cheeseburger Just my portion of the fries Just waiting for our food Guys behind the grille Front of the store

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Equinox Dinner: Good diner food!

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 11, 2009

We were spending the night in Mystic and wanted to have a really good breakfast and the Equinox Diner was a very good choice for us as it was conveniently located close to our hotel as well as I-95.

The diner is quite large and there were plenty of people in large groups and families with children enjoying their meal. We didn't wait at all and were seated right away at a nice booth. The waitress was very friendly introducing herself and being on point with taking our order, bringing over water and some coffee for me and coke for Ferni.

We loved the whole decor of the diner, very modern but classic. The booths are quite large in blue, yellow and tan making it bright and cheery. They have a bakery on premises and their dessert case is filled with yummy items like freshly baked bagels, breads, and other items.

The diner also had a few screen tvs strategically located throughout the diner.

We had a such a yummy filing breakfast and their lunch and dinner items looked just as good. A couple sitting behind us order their calamari, yum!!

I would definitely come back to have lunch or even dinner here again.

Favorite Dish: Ferni and I arrived early morning for some yummy breakfast. Their menu is quite extensive with the usual breakfast items and it was very hard deciding what I wanted, (Ferni usually orders the same thing), but as soon as I saw their version of a Hawaiin French Toast, I had to try it. It was three slices of pineapple bread dipped in eggs, topped with toasted coconuts, macadamia nuts and slices of banana and large slices of pineapple served with yummy authentic maple syrup. I love my potatoes and had to order a side. Ferni stuck with his Steak and eggs.

I packed two of the three pieces of French Toast to take with me as there just was way too much food for me to possible finish.

My meal was $8.95 and Ferni's was $13.95.

My Hawaiian French Toast My potatoes Ferni's steak and eggs Menu Quite full and happy :)

• mizlara's Profile Photo

Mystic Pizza: It's A Real Place (and not a tourist trap)

by mizlara Written Oct 23, 2007

Walking in, I was really skeptical. To my surprise, this is a really well-run restaurant and the staff is helpful and attentive.
    I ordered a salad and a calzone. The salads are not traditional- they add a lot of extras to make it well, almost gourmet! And as for the calzone?? AMAZING! Really impressed. Being a born and raised Chicagoan, let's face it- I know pizza. The crust could be described as something close to a Home Run Inn pizza (buttery and crisp) and the sauce was on the marinara side of the scale. I will definitely return to Mystic Pizza.

Favorite Dish: Get the calzone with your favorite pizza stuffs. First of all, IT'S HUGE! You can easily share one with a friend.

• Women's Travel

• cheryl_the_mermaid's Profile Photo

Mystic Pizza: Best Pizza Ever

by cheryl_the_mermaid Written Apr 12, 2005

So this place is famous because of the Julia Roberts 80's movie, "Mystic Pizza". It's a great place for pizza, best pizza I ever tasted, honestly. It's a must-go. I'm going back this summer, even though where I am heading is around an hours drive away. It's That worth it. Hurry! go!

Favorite Dish: You can get your own custom made pizza. I am sadly allergic to tomatos but they made me one with some sort of tomato-less sauce substitute, with pineapple, bacon, and ham as toppings... mouth watering tasty goodness... mmmm.... want more.....

Dad, Mike, and Me at Mystic Pizza

• ABL1958's Profile Photo

Mystic Village Shops

by ABL1958 Updated Sep 12, 2002

Mystic Village Shops

Favorite Dish: There are numerous shops in this little village....beautifully landscaped and fun to walk around and in. These include several small restaurants. The one we ate at because it had a nice family atmosphere and the kids were restless was called the Newport Creamery (I hope I got the name right!----Paul, correct me if I don't :)

Instant Answers: Mystic

Comments

Mystic Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mystic restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mystic sightseeing.