Mystic Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Mystic

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Go Fish: Seafood Disneyland

by TempNomad Updated Apr 4, 2011

Okay, we succumbed. My husband had a hankering for sushi, so we went to a huge seafood complex called Go Fish. It's right in the Disneyland of Mystic: Old Mystic Village.

It was actually very good, even though I had to get over my prejudices about blonde sushi chefs. The place is HUGE and has a few different restaurants in it. We went during the week, and I can imagine that on the weekends it's a party scene.

Favorite Dish: I was very happy with my vegetarian sushi rolls...as I always am!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

The Famous Mystic Pizza

by keeweechic Updated Jun 19, 2007

There is one Mystic Pizza in Mystic and another in Stoningham. This place has become famous for its pizza's. It started off as a little place to serve the locals and tourists. And then one day, Hollywood came to town!! The little pizza shop caught the eye of a Los Angeles screen writer named Amy Jones. A movie (Mystic Pizza) was filmed on location in Mystic and neighboring towns. When 'Mystic Pizza' was released in 1988, it was a huge hit and because of it the little pizza place has become famous.

Favorite Dish: They not only serve their famous pizza but also other Italian dishes, homemade soups, sandwiches and seafood.

• Mystic Pizza: You have to come to Mystic Pizza!

by lady_murasaki Written Mar 5, 2005

This is the same "Mystic Pizza" in the movie "Mystic Pizza" with Julia Roberts. It's a very friendly place (complete with pictures from moves, especially THE movie) with comfortable booths. Customers can select a number of pizzas (specialties or "customized"), calzones, pasta dishes, and grinders. There isn't that great a selection for desserts, but you can walk down the street for that!

Favorite Dish: I forgot the name of the pizza, but it had artichokes, garlic, peppers, and some other goodies. All of the pizzas I've tried have been really good.

• Bartleby's Coffe Shop: Great coffee, food, and desserts!

by lady_murasaki Written Mar 5, 2005

Bartleby's is a great stop after shopping or after meals. They have the "usual" selection of coffees - lattes, cafe au laits, and so on - along with hot and cold teas, juices, and sodas. You can also get some great cakes (I like the chocolate bundt cakes), soups, sandwiches, and other food items. The music played depends on who's working, but it can range from punk to jazz. It's a cozy coffee shop, and you can often find the Bartleby's Chess Club Tuesday and Thursday nights. And, in the winter, it's only of the only places on the strip open after 8:00!

Favorite Dish: As I wrote above, I like the chocolate bundt cakes. I also like their cafe au laits and apple cider. My husband had their reuben and thought it was pretty good.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Sea View Snack Bar: Fresh and tasty seafood

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 26, 2010

I had wanted to stop in this place many times while in Mystic, but had never quite made it until my most recent trip. I was spending a beautiful day with Kris and Leo at the aquarium and thought this a good place for us to grab our dinner.

The restaurant is a small shack that in my opinion has some of the freshest and tastiest seafood selections around. You order your meal from the board and wait to be called. You can either eat your meal at one of the picnic like tables in the back over looking the Mystic River, or you can take it to go. They have a really nice selection of seafood items like calamari, shrimp, fish, scallops, clams to name a few. They also have other items like chicken.

Kristara and I decided to order our meal and enjoy it outside in one of the tables. Kristara ordered the sea scallops and I ordered the shrimp dinner.

The food here is excellent, fresh and quite tasty!! I will definitely come back here.

Favorite Dish: Kristara ordered the Sea Scallops with onion rings, so fresh, juicy and tasty! I ordered the shrimp dinner with fries. The scallops were so good, the onion rings so tasty! The shrimp were quite good and so were the fries.

As we were leaving the owner asked us how we liked our meal, I gave him two thumbs up!! Definitelly a place we'll be back to!

Our meal, sea scallops, onion rings, shrimp dinner The order board The little shack Enjoying my meal Leo playing while we wait for our meal

Mystic Pizza: Famous Pizza

by donpaul77 Updated May 31, 2010

Mystic Pizza in historic Mystic Connecticut got a big boost from being featured as the backdrop for the 1988 film 'Mystic Pizza' which starred Julia Roberts. This two story eclectically decorated pizza joint serves excellent pizza and is well set up to handle the many tourists who dine there. The film is on a continuous loop on the TV's.

Note: There are two Mystic Pizza Restaurants. The original is in downtown Mystic. It underwent a remodel in 1996, yet still has a lot of it's original charm.

Favorite Dish: The pizza, of course! It isn't the thin crust pizza that I prefer, but it is still very good.

Mystic Pizza Mystic Pizza

• donpaul77's Profile Photo

Mystic Sweets and Ice Cream Shop: Gourmet, home made ice cream!

by donpaul77 Updated May 31, 2010

Mystic Sweets and Ice Cream Shop is a small cafe in Historic Mystic that makes gourmet ice cream, as well as hand made sweets and coffee. The ice cream is delicious and can be decadent, depending on what flavor you choose. The coffee is very good and they serve some interesting coffee creations. You can enjoy your treats at the small tables by the street front window, under murals of mermaids and angels.

mystic sweets shoppe mystic sweets shoppe mystic sweets shoppe

Anthony J's Italian Bistro: Ambient Italian Bistro

by donpaul77 Written May 31, 2010

Anthony J's, in downtown historic Mystic, is a casual and ambient "jazzy" Italian bistro with nice cuisine and pleasant staff. The walls are of masonry with dark woodwork trim and there are candles on the tables. The dining area is nicely broken up so that the restaurant could be crowded and not feel so. We enjoyed a couple of nice pasta dishes on a rainy afternoon. I imagine it would be a nice place to dine at night. They serve a lot of italian/american favorites as well as brick oven pizza and seafood specials. Seafood is always a good choice in Mystic, in general.

Anthony J's

• gaolei's Profile Photo

S & P Oyster House: Good food and a great river view.

by gaolei Updated Apr 29, 2009

S&P Oyster house is a seafood restaurant located next to the Mystic river bridge. From the restaurant you can see up the river toward the Mystic museum. Last night there was a three masted, square rigged, sailing ship a few hundred yards up the river and in plain sight of our table. The view was just stunning at sunset!

Every night they have gourmet meals to satisfy any seafood lover, as well as, really great specials. You just can't go wrong here.

The best view is from the second floor. You can also eat outside on the patio, next to the river. You will also find the wait staff is especially friendly and competent.

Favorite Dish: The seafood specials are always great. I like them, because they are different every night. It is a chance to eat outside the menu.

• PORTUGUESE FISHERMAN-W. Main...

by imetluke Written Aug 26, 2002

PORTUGUESE FISHERMAN-W. Main St. near the Drawbridge
    Mr Sousa ran a polite tight ship, accomodating large parties, a man who had stepped of the boat with no shirt (discreetly had him pull a jacket to cover himself up!), children etc.

Full menu for all meals with many many choices.

Good food. Welcoming atmosphere in a vedddy 'Connecticutty' village!

Favorite Dish: Breakfast- Spinach Omelette

Breakfast special with Broccoli and Cauliflower- with biscuits and real grits (love it in Yankee Country!)

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Do you remember the movie? It...

by frankcanfly Written Sep 12, 2002

Do you remember the movie? It was one of Julia Roberts' first.....

I had to try the pizza, and it was good.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

There is no shortage of Eateries

by keeweechic Updated Aug 2, 2003

There is no shortage of restaurants, cafes, bakeries and candy shops in Mystic. Of course there is some wonderful seafood to be had as well. I had my first taste of New England Clam Chowder here.

Instant Answers: Mystic

Comments

Mystic Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mystic restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mystic sightseeing.