Newtown Travel Guide

Newtown Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Blue Colony Diner: A Good Diner off of I-84

by cjg1 Updated Jul 3, 2012

The Blue Colony Diner is a perfect hop on/off on 84. We are often driving on 84 during a roadtrip and this is a good food option. The food here is quite good and service is friendly. The menu is the typical diner food with breakfast, lunch and dinner available 24 hours a day.

Our last visit here was driving back from New Hampshire on a Sunday with my wife and her friend Lydia. We decided to stop in for an early dinner as we were starving and couldn't wait any more.

We were seated at a booth by the window and handed menus. I knew before I even looked at it that I wanted a gyro. My wife wanted snack food so she chose the mozzarella sticks and a cup of French onion Soup. Lydia ordered the French Dip sandwich with fries.

The gyro here is quite nice and the portion is large. I always wind up bringing home leftovers. Liz enjoyed her sticks and soup. Lydia as well liked her sandwich and went home with leftovers. It was another good meal and we were glad to have the option right off of the highway.

French Dip & fries Gyro Platter Mozzarella Sticks French Onion Soup

Instant Answers: Newtown

Comments

Newtown Travel Guide
Map of Newtown