Noank Travel Guide

Noank Restaurants

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

by msbrandysue Updated Apr 20, 2010

Abbott's On the Rough was showcased for the food and atmosphere in the USA Edition of 1000 Things to See Before You Die. It was definitely one of the highlight moments of my Connecticut vacation.

The atmosphere alone makes this place a great destination. The sale boats are beautiful, and everyone sits outdoors. Most people sit at picnic tables without a cover but there is a smaller area of covered tables.

You enter the joint after turning and twisting on a bunch of small neighborhood roads. You park in a grassy field with lots of other people. You order your food at the counter and pay up front. Then you get a number and patiently wait for your food in the room to the right. If you order dessert you hand your ticket to the shack across the way. After getting your food, find a nice covered table or picnic table and enjoy your seafood delights. :)

This restaurant is only open from May 7 untill the fall. If you go in the winter months this place will not be operative.

Favorite Dish: I had the shrimp cocktail and enjoyed every bite. I only wish I had ordered more.... :) The prices kind of scared me, though, because I believe it was $10 for the 5 shrimp cocktail. Like wow.....so the lobsters can be from $20-30 and you have to do everything yourself to get into them. I don't know how to crack lobsters open so I didn't get any.

Noank Local Customs

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

by msbrandysue Written Apr 20, 2010

Ummmm everyone here sails and talks about sailing. I have no clue so it was pretty much a foreign language. Just thought it was funny everyone talks about it constantly. I'd put it in the SPORTS section but I wouldn't know what to say about it. :)

• Sailing and Boating

Noank Off The Beaten Path

• by pennyviolet Written Sep 17, 2005

Haley Farm State Park is a great place to see birds and other wildlife. Park in the small lot and hike or bike over acres of beautiful former farm land with distant views of Fisher's Island Sound. Watch for osprey, pheasant, grouse, deer, fox. The fall migration of birds and butterflies is really amazing!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Birdwatching

Noank Favorites

• by kraeger Written Oct 5, 2002

Favorite thing: When visiting noank I must go down to the little beach were i swam as a child. I love to walk around and see what people are doing to their houses

Fondest memory: Being a child and claming,crabbing and fishing with my family. Going to carsons for ice cream

Instant Answers: Noank

Comments

Noank Travel Guide
Map of Noank