Norwalk Nightlife

Enjoying myself
    Just waiting for my drink 9/09

Most Recent Nightlife in Norwalk

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Black Bear Saloon: They even make some really good mojitos!

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 24, 2012

Black Bear is always one of our "watering hole" stops every time we visit Norwalk. It's a great place to grab a few drinks and if you're hungry, some really yummy stuff as well.

They have two sections with bars on both ends, but we normally stay at the smaller area where we find a spot at the bar enjoying a few drinks, a game and some good conversation. They have some really great "happy hour" specials Mon-Fri with buy one get one and half price appetizers as well.

We usually come for a few drinks and during my last visit I noticed they had a large selection of different flavored Mojitos (one of my favorite drinks), as well as the original lemon flavored. I decided to order a Mojito and I was really glad I did. The mojito was made perfectly, with just the right amount of ingredients. I enjoyed a few of these wonderful drinks until I realized I couldn't have another drink :)

Dress Code: Casual

O'Neill's Restaurant & Pub: Grab a drink and watch a game

Just waiting for my drink 9/09

We've been to this bar/restaurant quite a few times during our many visits to Norwalk. Nice thing is if you are here during the warmer months you can enjoy your drink or meal at one of their outdoor seating. Ferni and I have usually tend to visit during the colder months when we can grab a seat indoors near the the fireplace. We like that they do have plenty of seating around the bar area with high bar tables as well as regular table seating close. The bar/restaurant itself is quite large and they do have tvs all over so you can catch a sports event.

They serve your typical pub grub like soups, salads, sandwichs, as well as your typical Irish favorites along with classic stuff like sliders. They also have a nice selection of quesidillas as well as interesting pies and assorted sides on their lunch, brunch and dinner menus.

Happy hour is from Monday-Friday from 4-7 with a happy hour menu, $1 off drinks and $3 domestic beers and Miller Lite draft.

We've ordered the golden fried brie and the sliders, as well as the mozzarella sticks and the mushroom caps, which have all be qute yummy. Prices are quite reasonable as well.

It's a nice place to grab a drink or a quick bite to eat when you are in the area.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Ginger Man: Large selection of beers, including my favorite!!

Enjoying my Leffe Blonde

We enjoying coming to this place. They carry a very large selection of beers, well drinks, hard liquor as well as specialty drinks not usually found in most bars. I love the fact that they sometimes carry my Leffe Blonde or some variation of a blonde ale.

The restaurant/bar is a nice size with the bar located to the left of the entrance. There are plenty of booths and tables where you can enjoy some drinks and snacks with a small party or a large one. The menu has a nice selection of unusal bar dishes which we like. We usually sit at the bar as we find it to be more enjoyable since we like to chat up with the bartenders. The bar also have tv's where you can catch a sports event.

We come here often, usually for the drinks, but on occassion we'll grab something to eat. We've ordered the Steamed Prince Edward Mussels mussels with tomatoes, shallots, white wine & garlic peasant bread, quite tasty. We have also ordered their warm yummy pretzels which are an excellent accompanyment to any beer.

Althought they carry a large selection of beer, unfortunately they do not carry Heinekins here (quite strange), so Ferni usually drinks Stellas.

B J Ryans: Grabbing a bite to eat and a drink

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 24, 2012

During one of our late afternoon drives, we decided to stop in at B J Ryans for a drink and a light bite to eat. The bar is strategically located on a corner near many of the car dealers in the area as well as behind a parking area and park.

The bar isn't large by any means, but quite nice. As you enter the bar is on the right as well as a few bar tables to the left. Behind the few bar tables is the smallish dinning area. I loved the whole look of the bar. Very clean and asthetically pleasing with the feeling of an upscale bar.

We decided to sit at one of the bar tables as the bar was packed with patrons watching the college basketball game.

We ordered or drinks, Blue Moon for me and a he had a Heinekin. We asked for a menu and decided to order something to eat.

They have a nice selection of the usual dishes as well as items you wouldn't expect to find at a bar, which is always a nice surprise. They aslo have a specials menu and on Sundays a brunch menu.

I ordered the pork lettuce wraps which were very tasty, he ordered the corned beef with mashed potato. We definitely enjoyed our drinks and meals and we will definitely return.

BONUS: This is an AA IDINE

Ferni and I

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Rivals: Relaxed Pub Atmosphere

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2010
    Enjoying my Miller Lite (November 2010)

Rivals is a Sportsbar/restaurant in the SoNo section of Norwalk's Main Street. The place is rather large with a big bar area and a dining area for table seating. The menu has a variety of bottled and tap beers. Their food items are typical pub grub such as burgers, buffalo wings nachos, steak sandwiches and potato skins. They are known for their Jumbo Turkey legs which they sell 2 for $5.50.

The place opens at 4pm during the week and caters to the just off the train from work crowd. They have happy hour specials that include discounted beer prices and free hot food. There is always something going on here from Tuesday Trivia Nights, wing Eating Contests, Live Bands or just the regular sporting event on TV.

My wife and I like to come here for a snack and to watch a game or for pre-dinner drinks before heading off to one of the local area restaurants. The relaxed pub atmosphere is what we like about this joint.

Dress Code: You get everything here from plain tee shirts and jeans to guys in business suits...anything goes.

Saffire Lounge: Nice Bar at the Doubletree

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 4, 2010
    Our beers

Saffire Lounge is the pub located in the Doubletree Hotel. Every time Ferni and I have stayed at the hotel we have made it a point to stop in to grab a drink before heading up to our room.

The lounge is quite nice with a very nice bar with a few tvs for sports watching. They serve food here too, but we've only stopped in for a few beers. I usually order my Blue Moon while Ferni enjoys his Heinekin.

For us this is a good place to grab a few drinks without having to worry about drinking and driving as your room is just a few floors up.

• Wine Tasting

Donovan & Mackenzie: Nice spot for a few beers and a snack

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 2, 2010
    Enjoying my beer

This is a really nice pub/restaurant located in the heart of Sono and a place we quite enjoy visiting.

It's another bar/restuarant that has some really yummy choices when it comes to grabbing something on the lite side to eat. I enjoy their spinach and articoke dip which includes nice warm tortilla chips to dip the gooing dip into. They also have good selection of appetizers, soups, sliders, salads, sandwichs, burgers and of course limited entree selection.

The bar menu has a nice choice of house wines, beers on tap, bottled beers, mixed drinks and some really innovative drinks with interesting names, like the drinks they call SMARTINIS made with Smirnoff vodka.

Ferni usually drinks his Heinekin while I'll grab a Shock Top.

Happy hour is daily from 3-7 and with $1 off all drinks

Instant Answers: Norwalk

Comments

Norwalk Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Norwalk nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Norwalk sightseeing.