Stew Leonard's, Norwalk

100 Westport Ave Norwalk, CT 06851 (203) 847-7214

Know about this? Rate It!

Line up for Frozen Yogurt
  • Stew Leonard's
  • Stew Leonard's
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Stew Leonard's Wine Shop: Got Wine?

by cjg1 Updated Jan 1, 2011

My wife and I always stop at this shop when we are here for groceries. Since Stew Leonards is just across the street it is only logical to make the pit stop in to pick up a few bottles of our favorites.

The store has a nice selection of wines and hard liquors. The sections are broken down by country then region and finally variety. This makes it very easy to find what you are looking for or to stumble upon something new. Staff here is very friendly and helpful which makes it a pleasure to shop here. They also have wine tastings which are always a favorite for us; you never know if you'll find something wonderful.

Our last visit here we literally shopped until we dropped and it was the holiday season. I found a few bottles of Luigi Bosca DOC (2006) that I just had to have along with some Australian and New Zealand wines. I also stocked up on a few bottles of JW Blue since it was actually on sale for a good price. Liz found a few Australian and Italian wines of her liking as well as some of her favorite Belgian beer. Our cart was brimming to capacity when we hit the check out line.

Loading up the cart with wine

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Stew Leonard's: Where We Shop for Groceries

by cjg1 Updated Nov 1, 2010

Stew Leonard's is where Liz and I do our weekly grocery shopping. Stew's has wonderful, fresh food and lots of variety. Their baked goods, vegetables, fruit, prepared foods, flowers, meat, poultry, fish, cheese and frozen departments have everything you could want to eat. Stews is a fun store with animatronic dolls swinging from above and singing. Cows moo in the walls and there is often costumed characters wandering the aisles to entertain the kids.

Stews also has free samples at every department; so you can try before you buy. This concept has influenced many a purchase since we enjoyed the sample so much. The prices here are very good and we love the food quality. A trip to Stews isn't complete without picking up a frozen yogurt cone on the way out....I look forward to it on every trip..Yum!

The flowers and seasonal plants are very fresh and of good quality especially the sunflowers (one of Liz's favorites). the pumpkins for Halloween are always round and sturdy and the Christmas plants make great gifts.

We love shopping at Stew Leonards and every shopping trip we discover something new to love.

What to buy: There is so much to love about this store when it comes to food. I love their apple cider donuts and their portugese rolls. They make incredible foccacia bread with tasty fresh tomatoes. Liz loves their rice cakes but I have no taste for the "popped air". The cheeses here are very good and their have an incredible horseradish cheddar and an imported Swiss. Their prepared food is quite good with some tasty eel rools, stuffed mushrooms, salas, whole roasted chicken, and delicious clam chowder. Their fresh apple cider is incredibly good and we always leave with it when it's in season.

** I love their apple cider donuts and have become addicted.....so yum.**

The frozen yogurt her has daily special flavors. Our recent shopping trip I had a strawberry and Pistachio swirl...incredibly good.

What to pay: Affordable. We can leave with a full cart of groceries for $100-150.

If you spend $100 you get a free ice cream cone or small coffee on your way out.

Foccacia Bread Stews Fresh Moo Juice Fresh Fruit Whole roasted chickens Line up for Frozen Yogurt

Instant Answers: Norwalk