Old Lyme Things to Do
The Florence Griswold Museum is a great art museum and an even better historic home tour. The art museum in the white building is very good. They have a nice video on the art colonies that were in the area and the history behind them. The video and house really showcase what an art colony really was and how it functioned. Quite interesting for a single lady to have kept up with. :) Girl power!
Oh and it's a NATIONAL Historic Landmark! Woohoo, those are way cool. :)
Things to Do Here:
1) Watch the historic video.
2) See the art in the gallery.
3) Tour the Griswold House...especially the kitchen! With artists drawings on the actual walls.
4) Tour the gardens/grounds.
5) Old barn for the history of the land.
6) Tour the private artists studio on the opposite side of the museum.
Free to visitors 12 and under
Krieble Gallery and Griswold House
Tuesday - Saturday, 10-5
and Sunday, 1-5
The Museum is closed Mondays, New Years Day, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.Related to:
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
- Museum Visits
Old Lyme Hotels
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees