Old Saybrook Travel Guide

• Old Saybrook
  • Restaurants

Old Saybrook Things to Do

• by max8701 Written Feb 20, 2005

Nice relaxing place to walk around. The park is where an old fort originally was and there are plaques along the walk describing history from that era. There's also part of the railroad tracks that are still there that are pretty interesting.

Old Saybrook Hotels

Old Saybrook Restaurants

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

by msbrandysue Written Sep 4, 2010

Burger King is the international home of the Whopper (yuck). When I was in Historic Essex I went out on the Schooner and shopped so by the time I was finished I missed the food at the Coffee and Tea Company, they closed. The Tap Room was loud and finished serving dinner so I had to find something.

My GPS pointed me to Burger King, though it's actually in the Old Saybrook city limits. It's about 5-10 minutes from where I was in Essex. It was close enough to take back to the room at the Griswold Inn, though and I ate in my room. It was sufficient for a meal to feed my tummy for the night.

Favorite Dish: I eat the cheeseburgers and love the onion ring sauce (kind of like the orange sauce you get with the awesome blossoms of Outback and Chili's). The new BK Joe coffee drink is my new choice.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

by msbrandysue Written Sep 2, 2010

Well, Pizza Hut is the biggest pizza chain, probably in every state if not city in the United States. Their pizza choices are vast and I order them on a somewhat regular basis because my dad likes their pizza.

I went to this Pizza Hut (which is actually in the city limits of Old Saybrook) while I was waiting for the Essex Steam Train. I had about an hour to kill. I came around lunch time so I ate the lunch buffet. With a drink I think I paid about $7 or so plus a small tip for the waitress.

They also had a $5 menu with things like pizza rolls or a mini pizza. Or, you can always order their pizzas which are from about $10-15.

There was really no one else in the restaurant so the buffet was somewhat small but I've been when there are more people and the pizza choices can vary a bit more.

Overall, it was a nice place to kill time and get a bite to eat while waiting on the Essex Train but not too expensive, although not an authentic, local place.

Favorite Dish: I love the thin crust, with lots of crunch!

The buffet price does not include the drink but it does include pizza, salad, and simple desserts like pudding.

• Old Saybrook Hotels

8 Hotels in Old Saybrook

Old Saybrook Transportation

• by max8701 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We took The Ferry from Orient Pont NY to New London Connecticut. The ride took about and hour and a half and cost 39.00 for the driver and car. Each additional passenger in the car is about $10.00 a person. Once in connecticut Old Saybrook is about a 20 minute drive away.

Old Saybrook What to Pack

• by max8701 Written Feb 20, 2005

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We went in October and the weather was already starting to change. The days were reasonably warm so bring some t-shirts but at night and in the early morning it got pretty cold.

Photo Equipment: Bring a camera and lots of film. As early as October the leaves were starting to change colors and there are some great roads to drive through were you can get nice pictures of the changing trees.

Instant Answers: Old Saybrook

Comments

Old Saybrook Travel Guide
Map of Old Saybrook