Shelton Travel Guide

Shelton Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Longhorn Steak House: Good Place for a Burger

by cjg1 Updated Dec 8, 2014

I have been to several Longhorn Steakhouses with my Father but this was the first time for my wife. We were staying at the Hyatt House next door and decided this would be the best option close by to grab some dinner.

It was a bit late for us to eat at 7:30pm but we were starving. When we arrived it was a twenty five minute wait but we chose to stay and wait for a table. The wait went by quickly and we were seated at a nice booth. The menu here is primarily meat options but they also have some chicken, fish, salads and pasta entrees to choose from. I was rather hungry so I chose their Steakhouse burger with fries. My wife wasn't super hungry so she ordered some French Onion Soup and a side of their mushroom risotto.

Our food arrived quickly and I dug right it. The burgers here are always rather large and always juicy. The parmesean fries are always a hit with me. My wife though her soup was okay nothing to rave about and enjoyed her risotto. It was a good, filling meal and we had excellent service. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come here again as we have better Steakhouse options closer to home.

Steakhouse Burger Risotto and Onion Soup