Stamford Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Stamford

Il Falco Restaurant: Great Italian

by jeffjun Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fresh seafood, veal, and homemade pastas representing dishes from various regions of Italy.

Favorite Dish: Carpaccio, Pollo Sorrentino (chicken with wine, prosciutto, eggplant, and mozzarella), Tiramisu, and double Espresso.

City Limits Diner: Pricey but Good Diner Food

by cjg1 Updated Dec 23, 2009

Corned Beef Hash & Eggs

City Limits is an upscale version of a diner. There are two locations: this one in Stamford and one in White Plains. The diner has the typical diner fare as well as homemade desserts, milkshakes and upscale versions of clasic diner food. The diner itself is smaller than its White Plains location but that is why I like it(and it's closer to where we live). The wait can be long on a Sunday morning but worth the wait since the food is very good.

We usually come here for breakfast on our way North for a roadtrip or just for Sunday Brunch when Liz doesn't feel like cooking. I never mind coming here since I enjoy their corned beef hash and a hot chocolate. The lunch and dinner food items are good as well and after a movie we like to stop in for a bite to eat.

Favorite Dish: I always get the corned beef hash here for breakfast. It is a unique one and not prepared how I normally find it. Also it comes with the eggs poached with a hollandaise sauce that is quite nice when mixed with the spicy hash. Another staple of my ordering here is the hot chocolate. The kid in me rules the day as always and I really enjoy the real whipped cream they serve with it..... Highly recommend that. Liz is a creature of habit and enjoys her pancakes with maple syrup and bacon. They serve real maple syrup which is always a must have for her. The vanilla milkshakes here are very good and often a breakfast treat for her.

The burgers here are very good and the onion rings are huge. They make a nice grilled cheese sandwich with french fries.

The baked goods and cookies are always tasty so check out the display case when waiting to be seated....something might catch your eye.

SBC: Burgers & Football

by cjg1 Written Sep 21, 2009

SBC is a chain of restaurant/brewhouses in Connecticut. They serve a variety of ub grub food as well as their own beers. This partcular location is a favorite of mine to enjoy some food and watch football. The place is rather large with tables, booths and plenty of bar seating. Liz and I usualy have a seat at the bar unless we are with a group of more than four. The location is perfect for getting together with some of our Connecticut friends who live close to the area. The food here is pretty good and I enjoy their burgers with a nice Stout. It can get pretty packed during a sporting event so come earlyto grab a seat at the bar.

Favorite Dish: I like the cheese burger with swiss chesse and chips. Liz likes the american cheese burger with fries. We also like the Vidalia brick which is fried onion frizzles with a tasty dipping sauce.

• Beer Tasting

Senses: An Afternoon Snack

by cjg1 Written Aug 17, 2009

Liz and I arrived hours before the wedding was to take place. We met up with Liz's parents at Senses for some drinks and a snack. The place is a nice size and located in the hotel lobby area. There is a conventional bar and some tables strewn throughout. The menu was a nice selection of pub food, salads and appetizers. Bob and I were hungry so we decided to spit a flatbread pizza and some cokes. Liz had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and MArie sipped a diet Pepsi.

The flatbread pizza was just the right size for two to share and was very tasty. It was the perfect snack to hold us over until the cocktail hour began.

Eclisse: Good Paella

by cjg1 Updated Aug 12, 2009

Eslisse is a nice Italian restaurant in Stamford. It's a nice atmosphere with good food and service. The Paella here is very good; almost as good as one of my favorite Westchester places Spiga. Liz is a big fan of their Penne Vodka and always gets it when we come here for dinner. The fried calamari and the clams oreganata are great appetizers and we often get both since we can't decide. Dessert here is a must with their delicious Tiramisu for me and creme brulee for Liz. The portions here are large and the prices good; we always leave with doggie bags.

Favorite Dish: The paella is my favorite; packed with delicious seafood over saffron rice.

The Crab Shell: Drinks or Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Aug 12, 2009

The Crab Shell is a place we often go to for after work drinks or to catch up with some friends who are local to the area. It's the basic seafood joint on the water with inside and outdoor seating. In the summer the place is jammed with people especially those pulling up in their boats. The drinks are good and the seafood is okay...I have had better. The crowd tends to be of the frat boy variety with some regular people thrown in for good measure. It's not my first choice to meet up but it's good enough for drinks.

Favorite Dish: We usually get some margaritas, beers and some snacks. The calamari is okay but i have had better.

Planet Pizza: Good Grandma's Style Pizza

by cjg1 Updated Jul 7, 2009

Planet Pizza is a chain of Pizza joints with locations in Connecticut and one in Greenburgh, NY. They serve all types of pizzas, calzones, heros, pastas, salads and sandwiches. We usually frequent the Greenwich location of Planet Pizza but have eaten at the Stamford Location during shopping excursions and mattress runs.

Favorite Dish: The Grandma's Style pizza is delicious. It's a foccacia style pizza with olive oil, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. The crust is perfect and crisp and the mozzarella is very creamy.

Rye Ridge Deli: Good Sandwiches

by cjg1 Written Dec 10, 2008

My Tasty Sandwich

Rye Ridge Deli has a location in Stamford as well as Rye Brook New York. We are often at the other location but have stopped here when shopping in Stamford. This location is just a bit larger but the food and the service is just as good.

The deli has great soups like Matzo Ball and Mushroom Barley. The sandwiches are delicious and a good size. Their menu has a nice selction of breakfast lunch and dinner items to chose from. hey also have a large assortment of desserts and cold salads.

Favorite Dish: My favorite sandwich here is the Roast Beef on Rye with mustard and horseradish. Their kinishes are quite nice and they have stewarts rootbeer.

The soups are good and I have had the chicken rice and the mushroom barley.

Liz often gets a soup and a kinish with mustard.

Curley's: Old Fashioned 24hr Diner

by marca Written Jun 3, 2008
    Curley's Diner

When we were walking around Stamford looking for a place to eat dinner, this was the place I had flagged for breakfast for Sunday morning. Hardy breakfast was served promptly by a waitress that called me 'Hon'. This place could be a movie set. No overhead means prices are pretty reasonable.

Southport Brewing Company: The SBC

by marca Written May 29, 2008

The SBC in Stamford

The menu here was slightly large than your average brew pub. What disturbs me is this is the first brew pub that I have visited that seems to cater to kids. Mind you it is not the issue of underage drinking but the difficulty of enjoying a meal and a brew with the sound of little kids screaming and mothers asking their charges if they have to go to the potty! It is just not right! I would recommend visiting here after bedtime.

Favorite Dish: Both my wife and I chose our entrees from the daily special. I had a Cajun Tiliapia served over linguini that was very good. The warm bread served with dinner was excellent.

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

Fin II: Good Japanese place downtown

by marca Written May 26, 2008

We chose this restaurant for lunch because of the banner indicating a lunch special for $7.50 per person. The special was your choice of several appetizer or entree items with soup or salad. We have not had much experience with Japanese food so we gave it a try. Ask the waitress for which items may be spicy hot. They have a few outdoor tables for use in nice weather.

• mzgottirican's Profile Photo

Hope Street Pizza: BEST PIZZA, EVER!

by mzgottirican Written Feb 11, 2007

I loved this place! The salads are HUGE~ bring your appetite! Parking is a problem, especially in winter...it is a popular spot on top of a hill, and I found it difficult to find parking at times. Inside, friendly employees and clean place...

Favorite Dish: The Pizza, of course! The flavor of the sauce and freshness of ingredients...presto! Great stuff.

• mzgottirican's Profile Photo

Lucky's Diner: MILKSHAKES YOU CRAVE, EVEN IN WINTER!

by mzgottirican Updated Feb 11, 2007

Wonderful 50's music abounds as you enter. The owner, possessing a gracious and customer-first attitude, was very nice. You did feel at home!

Favorite Dish: I loved the Iced Tea, Milkshakes, and the open-face turkey sandwich and fries! Gravy on the fries=awesome!

Bennett's Steak & Fish House: Great Steakhouse

by jeffjun Updated Dec 23, 2005

Excellent steaks. They also have fresh fish and large lobsters. I would recommend this restaurant if you're in a mood for a fancy steak and wine dinner.

Favorite Dish: Surf and Turf with a glass of Cabernet. Jumbo Lump Crab Cocktail is an excellent choice for an appetizer.

Egane: Korean restaurant in Stamford

by jeffjun Updated Oct 22, 2005

Egane is "the Korean restaurant" in Stamford. Haha.....Yes, this is the only place in town serving Korean food. So if you're up for some Korean bbq or other Korean dishes while staying in Stamford this is the place to go.

Favorite Dish: Dolsot Bibimbap is one of my favorite Korean dishes. It comes in a hot stone bowl topped with a variety of vegetables on rice. Vegetables can be seasonal with bean sprouts, spinach, bell flower roots, and bracken. Other ingredients can include chestnuts, jujubes, ginseng, and a small amount of seafood or meat. An egg may be also served on the top. Most restaurants prepare the dish with a big scoop of gochujang (red pepper paste) placed with the vegetables. (Ask for it to be placed on the side if you have not tasted the red pepper paste.) If you ask for Bibimbap the same dish is served in a cool bowl instead of the hot stone bowl.

Instant Answers: Stamford

Comments

Stamford Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Stamford restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stamford sightseeing.