Uncasville Nightlife

• Mango Tango, Chocolate Martini and a Coke
    Mango Tango, Chocolate Martini and a...
    Fun with my Lydia
    Strawberry Fields

Most Recent Nightlife in Uncasville

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Leffingwell's: My Favorite Martini Bar

by LadyRVG Written Sep 13, 2011

Another tasty cocktail

Leffingwell's is my favorite bar at Mohegan Sun. The bar is locate high up in Wombi Rock overlooking all the action on the casino floor. I love that this place is away from the noise of the gaming so I can enjoy some quieter time with hubby or friends. There is plenty of seating available on both levels and bar chairs at their two bars.

The plush couches and chairs make it wasy to sit back, relax and enjoy one of the many Martinis on the menu. The Martini selction changes frequently and I always look forward to trying something new. Don't worry, if Martinis aren't your thing there is wine, beer, champage and sodas available. Another thing I enjoy is the cups of large pretzel rods on each table and the bar; perfect snack food.

Some of my favorite Martinis have been their Mango Tango, Chocolate Martini, Strawberry Fields and the Lychee Martini. The martinis are presented beautifully in large glasses and are always well made. The bartenders are always friendly and on our last visit they made celebrating my friend Ludia's Birthday a great time indeed.

Leffingwells: A Relaxing Martini Bar

by cjg1 Updated Nov 15, 2010

Liz Enjoying Her Mango Tango Martini

Leffingwells is a Martini Bar tucked up in the Wombi Rock overlooking the casino. There is a nice bar area as well as couches, tables and chairs scattered throughout. There are openings throughout the bar that look down onto the gaming floor below. Liz and I enjoy coming to this bar for it's good drinks, relaxing atmosphere and out of the way feeling. Sitting on a couch and enjoying a drink with my wifel is my idea of heaven. The service here is very good and they keep the drinks coming. I like that there are pretzel rods on the table if you feel like a nibble with your drink.

When we come here I usually get a Miller Lite and Liz gets her Mango Tango Martini or a Lychee Martini. It's Liz's favorite place to hang out because of the tucked away feel to the lounge. Our most recent trip here was on our way back from a roadtrip. I wanted a place I could watch the Jet game and enjoy some drinks with my wife. I enjoyed a JW Black (don't have Blue here) and Liz had a Strawberry Vanilla Swirl Martini.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Wasting Away Again in Pinacoladaburg...

by cjg1 Updated Nov 7, 2010

Liz and her License to Chill Margarita (3/11)

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is a chain of casual dining restaurants with an Island theme. We have been to other locations of Margaritaville as well as this one. The place is rather large with two levels of restaurant seating, two bar areas, an outdoor patio, a stage and a gift shop. We walked in a had a seat at a table for two in the bar area. The restaurant has island themed decor: palm trees, tables shaped like boats, waiters in tropical shirts, etc. Jimmy Buffet songs as well as concert footage is piped through the place via TV and loudspeaker. The service here is always good and we enjoy stopping her for a few drinks at the bar or for a snack. Liz and I are creatures of habit and normally order a Strawberry Dacquiri or Margarita for her and a Patron Rita for me.. although they make a pretty good Mai Tai here as well. Liz recently tried their License to Chill Margarita during our latest visit in November;which I think is now her favorite drink here. The drinks here are very good and they keep them coming. The wait staff is very friendly and welcoming. Depending on our mood we sometimes get the Volcano Nachos or the calamari.

Margaritaville is always a stop when we are at Mohegan Sun because of its fun laid back atmosphere. It's a good place where we can enjoy some drinks, snacks and each other's company. The outdoor patio upstairs is a nice place to sit and relax when the weather is nice and sunny.

The Dubliner: I'm Loving The Irish Pub Atmosphere

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2010

Liz and I enjoying the Pub Atmosphere

The Dubliner is a nice bar/restaurant in Mohegan Sun. We literally stumbled upon it when we first visited Mohegan Sun together and has become a regular stop for us when we bar/lounge hop at Mohegan. I enjoy the look and feel of the place with a nice dining room and bar area. There is a section of couch areas with a fireplace which is a cozy option to enjoy a meal or drinks. There are also tables for dining as well as bar stools and bar tables. Liz and I like to sit and the bar when we are here.

They always have some sporting event on and I have been fortunate to catch some Yankee games. football and even some World Cup matches. They serve food here and the menu has the typical pub grub food; nachos, dips, sandwiches and such. I normally have a few pints of Guiness while Liz enjoys a few glasses of white zinfandel or a club soda with lime.

The bartenders are always friendly and keep your glasses full. The customers are also of the friendly variety and we have had many a good conversation with fellow patrons.

We like the fact this place is smoke free and off the beaten path. It is a perfect place for relaxing in a smoke free environment.

Sol Toro: Great Happy Hour

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2010

Liz enjoying Sol Toro (October 2010)

Sol Toro is a fun restaurant/Tequila Bar. They specialize in Mexican food and their bar has an extensive list of Tequilas; over 140 types. The tequilas can range from $8 all the way to $250. They also have a large list of margaritas, beer and wine.

My wife and I enjoy stopping here to relax at the bar while enjoying one of their tasty Margaritas and some snacks. Everyday from 4pm-6pm there is a $2 bites menu. It's a small portion of one of their appetizers such as the cheese quesadila, ceviche or taquitos. The portion is a perfect snack size and for $2 it's a good price. It's only $6 for their Signature Margarita; which is quite good.

We normally just order house chips and salsa for a snack unless we have a bigger appetite that day. The chips are served in a metal pail with two dipping sauces: the sauces change from day to day. The penut lime dip was our favorite as well as the fire roasted salsa. The portion of chips is perect for two and for the price of $2.95 it was a bargain. This accompanied with a Margarita is perfect.

Leffingwells!: Enjoying a Martini or two

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 3, 2010
    My Chocolate Martini

If you want to be in a romantic setting while enjoying some really good martinis, I'd recommend you come to Leffingwells.

Overlooking the casino at the Wombi Rock the bar is a great place to lay around on one of their many couches, or grab a table instead. We like coming here because they make some really good drinks, it is laid back and relaxing with a little bit of romance.

The bar has an open feeling giving making it seem like you're outdoors. We usually grab a nice cozy chair and couch and order our drinks. The service here is good and on the tables there are pretzel rods to enjoy with your drinks.

I've had their Chocolate Martini as well as the Mango Tango Martini. Ferni usually orders a Heinekin or a Barcardi & Coke.

We've been here a couple of times and is one of our favorites places to be while visiting Mohegan Sun as we like the loungy, private, romantic feeling as well as enjoying a nice drink.

The Dubliner: Authentic Irish Bar

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 3, 2010
    Waiting for our drinks

Dress Code: We enjoy coming to this bar, it has a nice old world charm that is quite welcoming almost upscale in its interior design.

There is a "rotunda" in the middle of the bar where flower shaped chandelier hang, red velvet fabric curtains, nice dark wood accents, orange faux walls, tables all along the perimeter of the "rotunda" (I would describe this as a "canopied" area), wooden floors that were made for "dancing". There are booth like tables to one side where there is a large fireplace and booths all along the rest of the bar. The bar itself is quite large with TVs to watch some sports.

We grabbed a nice table near the "rotunda" to enjoy a few drinks and an appetizer. The appetizer was a spinach dip which was quite yummy. Ferni had a Guinness and I had a club soda with lime.

It is a place we definitely enjoying returning to often.

Mohegan Sun Hotel Bar/Lounge: Great Place to Hang with Friends

by cjg1 Updated Jun 16, 2010

My Baby Girl enjoying her wine

Whenever we have met up with our friends Joe and Carol ; we have been fortunate enough to be brought into this lounge. The lounge is on the 33rd floor of the hotel and has everything a guest could want: comfy couches and chairs, tables, magazines, TV's drinks and delicious food. The views from the lounge are spectacular and I enjoy the relaxing atmosphere. The drink service here is fast and friendly; everyone knows Joe and Carol (it's like being with celebrities...lol). The buffet they serve often has some incredible food such as lobster salad, chicken gumbo, swordfish steaks, steak,pasta, desserts and chocolate dipped strawberries.

We love the times we have spent up here enjoying the company of good friends and away from some of the noise you can find downstairs. This is a great place to unwind at the end of the night before they stop serving alcohol.

I love that they have Johnnie Walker Blue here and often enjoy tossing back a few with Joe. Liz loves their Strawberry Dacquiris and their extremely large glasses of champagne.

Dress Code: Business Casual

Sachem Lounge: Good Times with Friends

by cjg1 Updated Jun 14, 2010

Me and My Favorite Blonde (don't tell Marie)

The Sachem Lounge is only accessible to Player's Club members of a certain status. We don't have access to this lounge but Carol and Joe always "guest" us in; awesome friends. The lounge has some comfy couches, chairs, tables and bar seating. There is a buffet set up that always has hot and cold food as well as desserts. The shrimp cocktail here is always excellent and is a favorite of mine. The drinks here are excellent and the service is very good. We love hanging out on a couch, enjoying some drinks (JW for me...only Gold or Green ...no Blue here and a champagne for Liz) while watching the planetarium dome above or just enjoying fun conversation with friends.

I enjoy our times here in this lounge; it's fun yet relaxing. I like that it is away from the general population so it's easier to unwind and be carefree. Our last visit to the lounge Joe was kind enough to deposit us here while he went off to play in a poker game. It was reat I had a TV to watch world cup and enjoy a drink. Liz was able to have a nice glass of champagne and some shrimp.

Star Bar: Grabbing a drink and enjoying ourselves

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 16, 2009

This bar is located in Casino of the Sky and is a nice bar to hang out it for a few drinks. Because it is located so close to the Poker Room, Ferni and I will usually stop here for a few drinks. They of course serve the usual items of wines, beers and assorted liquors. They also have screen tvs if you want to chill and watch a sporting event.

This bar as has video slot machines located all around the bar. The bar is open daily from 11 am to 12:30 am and on Friday and Saturdays until 1:30 am.

Taughannick Falls Bar: Enjoying a drink in front of the falls

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 16, 2009

Enjoying a moment by the falls

This is a nice central bar located right in front of the falls and next to Todd English's Tuscany. The bar can get quite crowded, especially during evening weekend hours since it is so centrally located.

The bar isn't big but there are plenty of places to sit with many tables scattered around. The few times Ferni and I have come to the bar it hasn't been too crowded so we've been able to order a few drinks at the bar and do some people watching.

I will usually order a nice glass of Chardonnay and Ferni always orders his Bacardi & Coke or a Heinekin.

Dress Code: Most people are dressed classy casual.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Star Bar: Hey...you have a pretty smile....

by cjg1 Updated Jul 1, 2009

This was the first place we hit after we got out of the concert. It was a bit crowded but we were all in the need of a refreshing drink. Liz was happy to have a nice glass of wine with Carol. Joe and I had a few glasses of Johnnie Walker which was quite nice. The bar had some interesting "characters" that night.....we all enjoyed some of the conversations and happenings.

Dress Code: Casual but not sloppy.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Taughannick Falls Bar: How Dirty Do You Like Your Martini?

by cjg1 Updated Jun 29, 2009

The Taughanick Falls Bar is a nice place to grab a drink while the water gushes in the background. The bar is normally very crowded so if you want a drink here come early or be prepared to stand with your drink. When we came here it was a bit on the crowded side to to a show so we stood and enjoyed a quick drink; a Miller Lite for me and a Very Dirty Martini for Liz.

The location of the bar provides for some good people watching which is always a favorite passtime of ours...but it is a "smoking" bar. We have often come here for a drink and left very quickly after the cigar and cigarette smoke became too much to handle.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Feature Bar: I got lucky while having a glass of wine

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 22, 2009

Enjoying a drink before I actually won :)

This is a great bar located here at the Wind Casino, directly in front of the Poker Room. So, after spending some time watching Ferni play poker, I decided to come here and just grab a drink and unwind.

Located on the bar itself are games (versions of slot machine games) that you can play as you drink (**if you ask the waiter/waitress for a drink they will ask if you are playing, so make sure to say yes, and the drinks, whatever you are drinking, is free**).

So, after asking for a drink and paying for it a kind man sitting next to me told me to put at least $5 into the machine and I wouldn't have to pay for the drinks (a drink is at least $5 or more) so I decided to give it a shot.

Well, I was having a nice time, enjoying my game and my glass of Chardonnay when I drew a almost perfect flush draw, I needed one more card (a Queen of Diamonds) to make the flush, and as luck would have it, I got the card I needed!

The waitress was super nice and cheerful and was so excited that someone (ME) actually needed an attendent to hand out the money!!

**Some one pinch me!! I have never ever won anything like this before and I was so, so excited.**

***Drinks are free if you are playing, the guy next to me was drinking Johnnie Walker Black!! I was having a few glasses of Chardonnay.***

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

The Dubliner: Pop over to the Pub

by KarenandCory Written Nov 23, 2005
    The Dubliner

Great place to either drown your sorrows after losing all your money or celebrate after winning. The drinks are bigger and less watered down then the free ones you get in the casino. Limited menu is also available.

Open until 1 am
    2 am Fridays and Saturdays.

Dress Code: No men's tank tops, jerseys, bandanas, headgear (including hats) or cut-off jean shorts.

Instant Answers: Uncasville

Comments

Uncasville Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Uncasville nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uncasville sightseeing.