Uncasville Restaurants

by Gypsystravels

Most Recent Restaurants in Uncasville

Frank Pepe's Pizza: Enjoy a Slice of Tradition

by cjg1 Updated Nov 15, 2010

We were excited to hear that Frank Pepe's has come to Mohegan Sun. we have been to the New Haven location. Frank Pepe's is an institution in New Haven having been there in 1925.
    The pizza place is pretty basic withh some tables strewn about. The menu resembles the New Haven location according to my memory with a list of assorted pies both traditional varieties and specialty. The pizza here is thin crust and very crispy with the right amount of sauce to cheese. The leftovers are boxed up so you can have a snack later in your room.

Our favorite pizza here is the white pie with gorgonzola and mushrooms. Perfectly thin crust with tasty cheese and mushrooms...Yum. I love their specialty sodas especially the Birch Beer.

Bobby's Burger Palace: Good Burgers and Burbon Milkshakes

by cjg1 Updated Nov 1, 2010

My Burbon  Milkshake and Liz's Vanilla Milkshake

Bobby’s Burger Palace just opened in Mohegan Sun (July 2009). We were there the night it opened and were eager to try it our for ourselves. It’s a casual place serving burgers, fries, onion rings, grilled cheese sandwiches, soda, beer, wine, malteds and milkshakes. There is a bar area on the left side to grab a cocktail or step to the right to place your order. While waiting in line check out the large menu on the wall with all the food and beverage choices. Place your order at the counter, they will give you a number to place at your seat for your waitress to find you. Grab a seat at a bench or at one of the stools at the counter. Service here is not bad; it is new so they still have kinks to work out. I don’t like the whole concept of pay for your food first, take a number and see if you find a seat that's why we prefer to sit at their bar area. You can have a seat (if there is one available..they fill up quick) and place your order at the bar while enjoying a drink. This is my prefered way to eat here since you order first then pay. It's also a bonus since they have three TV screens that usually have a Yankee game on for me.

The pricing isn't bad with burgers ranging from $6.50-$7.50 in price. Regular milkshakes are $5; while spiked milkshakes are $9. The burgers are interesting and definitely not your average boring cheeseburger and come with names to match such as: The Santa Fe Burger, Palace Classic, Bobby Blue, Dallas, Philladelphia, Crunchburger, Buffalo Burger, Miami Burger, L.A. Burger and Napa Valley Burger. Milkshakes and Malteds comes in Vanilla Bean, Dark Chocolate, Black and White, Strawberry, Coffee, Pistachio, Mango, Coconut, Cola and
    Blueberry–Pomegranate flavors. The spiked milkshakes come in Vanilla Caramel Bourbon,
    Pineapple Coconut Rum and Mocha Kahlúa Vodka flavors.

The burgers here were good but I enjoyed the Burbon Milkshake the best. We came come here several times during our casino visits and have found the service and portion sizes are slipping. The burgers are still good but it's not as "Wow" as it was in the beginning. I am wondering if the decline is due to the focus on Bar Americain that is now open...the service there is top notch.

Favorite Dish: On our first visit to the Burger Palace we brought Liz’s friend Carrie. We were very eager to try the burgers and see if the hype was true. I ordered a Santa Fe Burger which had queso sauce, jalapenos and blue corn chips. It wasn’t the best burger I have ever had but it wasn't the worst. I did enjoy the Burbon Milkshake I got on the side. I hadn’t had such a good Burbon Milkshake since Buenos Aires. Liz has a Palace Classic Burger which was a regular cheeseburger with tomato, lettuce and red onion. She liked the burger but didn’t like the bun (it was full of sesame seeds and quite ordinary). She loves her vanilla milkshake which was quite tasty (I just had to try it). Carrie had the Topless Burger Salad; which was a burger served on abed of greens with Balsamic dressing and a Blue Point. Carrie liked the idea that she could get her burger on a salad instead since she doesn’t like burgers on bread.

Our return visits have had equally good burgers; the Santa Fe still being my favorite and paired with a Bourbon Milkshake. We've even stopped in for a burger on a roadtrip North; sometimes you just need a burger to keep you going.

Ben & Jerry's: Triple Caramel Chunk Ice Cream Cone

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2010

Liz enjoying her Tripple Caramel Chunk Cone

It's a well known fact that Liz and I are Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream junkies. One of our main reasons for visiting Mohegan Sun is the shopping and the ice cream. The Ben & Jerry's here has a variety of ice cream flavors for a cup or cone as well as shakes and ice cream beverages. They make their waffle cones fresh which always adds to the tastiness. Our favorite flavor is here Tripple Caramel Chunk. It's caramel ice cream with, caramel swirled with chocolate buttons filled with caramel running through the ice cream. We like to get a large waffle cone and split it. It's very creamy and so delicious.

Favorite Dish: The Tripple Caramel Chunk Ice Cream is always a good choice but I have found a new favorite: Mint Chip.

Krispy Kreme: If You're in the Mood for Doughnuts

by cjg1 Written Jun 14, 2010

When I think Casino; the word doughnut does not come to mind but apparently others find it appealing. I'm not a big doughnut fan so I haven't had the experience of this place. They definitely have a following since we see droves of people carrying away boxes of doughnuts by the dozen.

Our only experience here was getting my Mother in Law a Cappucino. SHe threw it out after a few sips saying it tasted off. Minutes later she was violently ill and continued to be so for the next twenty four hours. Her doctor said it was food poisoning and it had to be this place since we had eaten lunch many, many hours prior to this cup of coffee. We now call this plcae "Krepy Krud" because of Marie. By all means get your donoughts but be wary of the dairy laden beverages.

Jasper White's Summer Shack: Great Seafood and Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Jan 12, 2010

Incredible Crab Legs!!!!

The Summer Shack is one of our favorite places to grab a bite to eat or just to have a drink. The place has a large bar area and a dining room (if you want to eat in the dining room call ahead for reservations, it gets packed quickly). Whenever we come here we have a seat at the end of the bar; we find it more comfortable and enjoy the people watching. The menu here has a large assortment of seafood but they do have a few meat and chicken options. The food here is incredible and so is the service. They have tasty cocktails and Liz loves their Strawberry Dacquiris; she says they are the best in the casino. I on the other hand enjoy their Mai Tai's. The Alaskan King Crab Legs here are insanely good and we find that this has been the only entree that we have ordered off the menu each time we have visited.

So if you are in the mood for good times and good seafood; I would highly recomend you visit the Summer Shack.

Tables fill up fast and often are reserved so call ahead if you want a table. My wife and I usually grab a seat at the bar and ask for menus; no need for a table if it's just the two of us. If we are planning a trip with friends or family we call ahead for a reservation.

Favorite Dish: The Alaskan King Crab Legs are incredible. The portion is a good size;1 ½ lbs of delicious crab meat served with butter and corn on the cob. The drinks here are a good size and perfectly mixed: try a tasty strawberry dacquiri or a Mai Tai.

Geno's Food Court: A stop for a quick bite

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 20, 2009

For a quick and inexpensive meal, Geno's is probably it. It's a fast food court with a variety of meal options to satisfy your hunger. They have counters that specialize in pizza and pasta as well as wings, Mexican, deli, Asian, fish and cheese steaks as well as a bakery.

Ferni and I have grabbed something to eat here a couple of times. We have had the pizza as well as the the cheese steak which was yummy.

Favorite Dish: The cheese steak is my favorite here.

Chef's Deli: Some very tasty favorites

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 20, 2009

Chef's Deli is a great place to grab what they call an "authentic NY style" deli sandwich. They also carry other items like soups, salads, desserts and knishes.

Their sandwiches are the usual selection of the corn beef, pastrimi, brisket, turkey, tuna and chicken to name a few. They also have potato pancakes, knishes (my favorite) cheese blitzes, reubens (Ferni really likes this sandwich) as well as combo sandwiches which are named after Mohegan Tribe Chiefs. Since this deli is located close to the poker room and is open all night, Ferni and I have eaten here a few times.

My favorite are the knishes as well as the pastrimi sandwich which was so, so good. Ferni usually has the reuben sandwhich which I have taken a bite of and is quite delicious.

They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Favorite Dish: The knishes here are quite yummy and the reuben sandwich was good as well and the hot pastrimi is very tasty.

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Good Drinks, Good food, Good Times

by cjg1 Updated Nov 19, 2009

My baby has her dacquiri

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is a chain of casual dining restaurants with an Island theme. We have been to other locations as well as this one. The place is rather large with two levels of restaurant seating, two bar areas, an outdoor patio, a stage and a gift shop. The restaurant has island themed decor: palm trees, tables shaped like boats, waiters in tropical shirts, etc. Jimmy Buffet songs as well as concert footage is piped through the place via Tv and loudspeaker. The service here is always good and we enjoy stopping her for a few drinks at the bar or for a snack. We normally have a seat at the bar or at a table in the first floor bar area. The upstairs patio is a great place to sit especially when the weather is nice and sunny. Liz likes her strawberry dacquiris and I enjoy their Patron Rita for me. The Volcano Nachos are very good here ans are a huge portion of chips with melted cheese, beans,meat, onions, slasa, giacamole and sour cream. We always have a fun time relaxing, enjoying our drinks, snacking and people watching.

**A Highlight to Margaritaville is when the song Margaritaville gets played. A giant cloud starts to spin over a huge blender ( that has to be 7 or 8 feet tall). A giant plastic bottle of tequila emerges from the cloud and lowers down to the blender. Green liquid begins to fill and swirl in the blender. This continues until the blender is full and the song is over. **

Favorite Dish: The nachos are very good as well as the calamari. Liz likes their Cheeseburger in Paradise. The Patron Rita is my drink of choice when we are here.

Our last visit here was with my brother in law and his girlfriend. Liz had a Cheeseburger in Paradise, I had the Volcano nachos, Rob had the Teriyaki Steak and Bessie had the Crab cakes. Rob enjoyed his steak and then began to eat some of my Nachos; there was more than enough to share. Bessie wasn't thrilled with the crab cakes so she too had some of my nachos. Rob had a beer, Bessie had some rum drink and Liz and I had the Patron Ritas ( I love their Margaritas and enjoy the souvenir Pilsner glass).

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Big Bubba's BBQ: Down South cooking at Big Bubba's!

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2009

Big Bubba's BBQ is the place to come if you enjoy eating the usual BBQ items. The restaurant has that throwback 50's feel to it with plenty of old photos and billboard advirtesments. The menu is full of all the favorite bbq items like their ribs, chicken, pulled pork as well as a large selection of other items like their country fried steak (a favorite of mine), assorted meats and seafood as well as salads. I'm not big on BBQ, but whenever we come here, I don't have a problem finding something that I like.

Ferni and I will usually sit at the bar where we feel more comfortable. We usually stick to ordering the same few items which are the onion rings, chicken fingers, fries or the coconut shrimp which we enjoy with a nice cold drink.

Favorite Dish: The onion rings are quite tasty and come with a delicious blue cheese dip. The chicken fingers are crips and tasty and the popcorn shrimp are so good. I love their fries as well which I will order with the gravy!

SolToro Tequila Grill: Delicious Margaritas and Food

by cjg1 Updated Oct 1, 2009

Nachos Grande

Sol Toro is a great place to grab a bite to eat or just hang out at their spacious bar. They specialize in Mexican food and their bar has an extensive list of Tequilas; over 140 types. The tequilas can range from $8 all the way to $250. They also have a large list of margaritas, beer and wine. The place has a large bar area that spans the front right of the restaurant all the way to the back of the place. There are a few tables in the bar area as well for dining. There are several tables in the left and back of the restaurant as well. The decor is southwest and is very colorful. The atmosphere here is very laid back and we have enjoyed hanging here enjoying some drinks, some snacks and each other's company. We have always received great service here as well as good food....that's why we continue to come here.

**Everyday from 4pm-6pm there is a $2 bites menu. It's a small portion of one of their appetizers such as the cheese quesadila, ceviche or taquitos. The portion is a perfect snack size and for $2 it's a good price. $6 for their Signature Margarita**

Favorite Dish: Our first visit here we split an order of the Nachos Grande. It was a grande plate of tortilla chips piled high with black beans, guacamole, jack cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo. We had a choice of chorizo, chicken, or beef....we chose the chorizo which was incredible. The nachos were incredibly good but almost too much for only two people. We were happy to wash down the tasty nachos with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for Liz and a few of thei Signature Margaritas for me. Their margarita is very good and they are very geneous with the salt on the rim which is always a plus. If you love Spicy try an items from their "Can You Take the Heat" menu. The Cinco Chiles brings the word spicy to a new label. There are five types of chiles with steak wrapped in a tortilla. I like spicy but boy is this hot!

Sol Toro has become a place where we can hang out at the bar, enjoy some Margaritas and have a snack. We normally just order house chips and salsa. The chips are served in a metal pail with two dipping sauces: the sauces change from day to day. The penut lime dip was our favorite as well as the fire roasted salsa. The portion of chips is perect for two and for the price of $2.95 it was a bargain.

**Definitely try their Margaritas...you won't be dissapointed**

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Big Bubba's BBQ: The Big Bubbaque!

by cjg1 Updated Oct 1, 2009

Liz enjoying her frosty drink

Big Bubba's BBQ is the place to go for Down SOuth southern cooking. The menu is full of BBQ delights such as: Pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ chicken, Ribs and BBQ meat. They also have grilled meats, chicken, country fried steak, seafood and salads. The place is rather large with a big dining room and spacious bar area. The restaurant is decorated with old time photos and advertisments that give it a 1950's down home Southern feel to it.

We often enjoy coming to Bubba's, having a seat at the bar and enjoying a snack and some drinks.

Favorite Dish: The Big Bubbaque is my favorite. It's alarge platter of Beef, pulled pork, ribs, link & BBQ chicken. The sides of corn bread, potato salad and mac & cheese are incredibly good.

• Singles

Ben & Jerry's: Chocolate Macadamia Ice Cream Cone - Yum

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2009

Yum, who doesn't love ice cream? Ben & Jerry's makes some of the tastiest and authentic flavors around. Whenever we are in Mohegan Sun we make sure to give ourselves a treat with one of their delicious flavors. We enjoy the varieties of ice cream flavors which we can have in either cones (sugar or waffle cones), cups in a few different sizes, they have shakes, and an assortment of other items. I love the chocolate macadamia ice cream, a combination of two of my favorite things. I usually will have it in a small cup.

The lines at this Ben & Jerry's are always long, but you won't have to wait too long to enjoy a nice refreshing treat. The are a few tables scattered in front of the shop where you can have a seat and enjoy your treat!

Favorite Dish: Chocolate macadamia in a small cup.

Krispy Kreme: Satisfying a doughnut craving

Yummy doughnuts

I'm not much of a sweet tooth kind of person, but Kristara was in the mood for something sweet and didn't want more ice cream, so we decided to come by Krispy Kreme for a few doughnuts. We actually decided to order a dozen doughnuts to go.

Krispy Kreme has an assortment of doughnuts from jelly, creme, glazed, chocolate to please about anyone.

The doughnuts provided a nice snack on our drive back to the hotel.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a 1/2 dozen jelly, four glazed and two chocolate. I prefer the doughnuts of Krispy Kreme to that other place (DD) they are so fresh, tasty and yummy.

Jasper White's Summer Shack: Loving the seafood here

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2009

We've stopped here on a few occassions and its a nice place for us to grab a drink and sometimes a quick bit to eat. We've only sat at the bar area where we feel more comfortable since we are never sure if we want to order more than just drinks. They do have a nice size dinning area if you are here specifically to eat and prefer a more private area to yourself.

The restaurant (as it name implys) specializes in Seafood, but you can find an assortment of other items as well. The food is very fresh, tasty and the service is quite good as well. They have an array of different drinks to please anyone and a nice selection of beers as well. Ferni always orders his beer and I have ordered a few different drinks each time.

We have ordered food here only once and it was quite good.

I am looking forward to returning to try out some other items off the menu while enjoying a nice drink with my Ferni.

Favorite Dish: The food here is a bit on the pricey side for what you get, although at certain times of day they do have specials.

Lucky's Lounge: Good Drinks and Apple Crisp

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2009

Liz and I came here strictly because of the dessert menu. We were both in the mood for something sweet but were tired of ice cream. After seeing Apple Crisp and Tiramisu on the menu we knew we had to have some. Lucky's serves, pizzas, salads, sanwiches, appetizers and desserts. It's a bit on the dark side inside so we just had a seat at the bar for a bit more light. The place was pretty dead except for a few customers enjoying drinks. We ordered our desserts and enjoyed some drinks while waiting. Liz's apple crisp was good and she liked the vanilla ice cream on the side. My Tiramisu was okay, not the best I have ever had but I had to try it out.

Instant Answers: Uncasville

Comments

Uncasville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Uncasville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uncasville sightseeing.