Uncasville Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Uncasville

Tommy Bahama: One of my Favorite Shops

by cjg1 Updated Nov 8, 2010

The store entrance

I'm a big fan of Tommy Bahama clothing. Their clothing is perfect resort wear/summer wear. I like Tommy Bahama shirts for their tropical look and their good quality fabrics. This particular store is a nice size with women and men's clothing sections. I was surprised at what a great selection of shirts, tees, swimwear, pants, shoes and accesories they had. The sales people were very friendly and helpful in finding exactly what sizes we needed.

Now when we come to the casino; Tommy Bahama is one of our first stops when shopping. I can honestly say I love being dragged in here and haven't left empty handed yet. The sales people are very attentive and have come to know us by name. I love the shirts here and can say my closet is filled with Tommy Bahama shirts, pants, tees and shorts as well as their shoes and hats. I just love their fabrics and colors; the quality of the material is bonus with how well it wears and travels.

**FYI: The handicap dressing room is spacious enough for a full scooter to navigate along with a companion. The clothing bar is hung lower for easier accesibility for the disabled person as well as a spacious fixed bench for ease of transfer from the scooter.**

What to buy: We have bought numerous things from this store: shoes, pants, shorts, tees, shirts, belts, hats and candles.

One of my favorite Tommy items so far has been a Yankee World Championship silk shirt. The shirt is a collector's edition and is $250. They also have several other MLB team shirts but why would you want a team shirt of a non-champion? The shirt was a bit expensive for my but my wife insisted on buying it for me.

Our last visit to the store I bought two sweaters and two long sleeve shirts. The sweaters were $148 each and the shirts were $138.

What to pay: The shirt vary in price from $38 for a simple tee shirt to $148 and up for a nice silk shirt. Hat's canm vary from $98-$150. Flips can go from $85-115 in price. My favorite linen pants here are $98. Liz's favorite candles Caribbean Breeze and Pineapple Paradise are $14- $24 depending on the size.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Smuggler's Hold: A Parrothead's Dream Come True...

by cjg1 Updated Jun 16, 2010

Margarita Time!!

Smuggler's Hold has everything a Jimmy Buffet fan could want. The store is conveniently located next to the Margaritaville restaurant. The store carries Jimmy Buffet themed shirts, towels, bathing suits, accessories, glasses, margarita machines, Margarita mix and much more. A person could totally outfit themselves from head to toe Jimmy Buffet apparrel and then have their matching margarita glasses.....if they desire to do so.

We always stop in after having a drink, meal or snack at Margaritaville just to browse and for me to drool over the Margarita Machines. My favorite was the three pitcher Margaritaville machine. That's definitely something I'd enjoy having around.

What to buy: Everything a Jimmy Buffet fan could want and more....

Godiva: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

by cjg1 Updated Jun 16, 2010

We are not big Godiva chocolate fans but we do enjoy their chocolate dipped strawberries. The store carries a nice selection of loose and boxed chocolates as well as the dipped fruit. We decided to buy a few strawberries and bring them back to our hotel for later.

What to buy: Anything chocolate you would like from bars to truffles. Our last trip here we bought some hot chocolate for $11 for the tin.

What to pay: Affordable

Cache: Women's Clothing

by cjg1 Updated Jun 14, 2010

Cache is a women's clothing store that carries dresses, skirts, tops and accessories. Cache is not a store that my wife usually shops; she find most of their items a bit too flashy and some down right gaudy for her liking. Our last visit to Cache Liz found a simple tube style dress in a blue pattern in the store display window. We both liked the color and thoight it might just look nice. We decided to stop in for a closer inspection. I found Liz her size and off she went to the fitting room. After a quick pop out og the room for a "Honey what do you think?"; we were both sold on it. The colors were eye popping and it fit perfectly. Liz changed as I took the dress to the register for payment.

The dress was $103 with tax which is very inexpensive in my opinion. I didn't like though, that the sales clerk kept trying to selll me accessories numerous times before the transaction. Even after Liz joined me and said no she kept at it. My wife finally said; "No all this jewelry is just too tacky looking for me"; then she got the message.

What to pay: The dress was $103 with tax. Not a bad price for a dress in my opinion.

Coach: Women's Handbags & Accesories

Store exterior

Coach is a store for women's handbags and accesories. The store has a variety of handbags in diferent shapes, sizes,colors and fabrics to choose from. They also carry fragrance, shoes, sharves, wallets, key chains, jewelry and other accessories to match.

The staff is always very friendly and greets each shopper as they enter the store. The merchandise is well displayed and the rotate stock fairly regularly. My wife and I always stop into this store; you never know what might "catch" the eye. Our last visit there were a few bags that caught my wife's eye but not in sizes that she prefers; we were able to go online back at home to find the correct size in two of the bags they had on display.

What to buy: Anything from a coach key chain to travel bags, shoes, scarves and jewelry.

What to pay: Affordable

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Lush: Bath Bombs and more..............

by cjg1 Updated Jun 14, 2010

Lush is a store that carries a varity of bath products, lotions, hair products and cosmetics. They have bath bombs that fizz in the bathtub in variety of scents. The bubble bars are also a favorite especially the Turbo Bubble Bar; my wife is a bubble bath girl. The Phoenix Bubble bar is really good with a cinnamon scent. My wife likes the frosty bar; it's nice but I wind up covered in glitter from it.

The masage bars are awesome and are always on our shopping list especuially the strawberry fields which smell like fresh strawberries, the Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar which is awesome when your muscles ache and the Soft Coeur which is a honey chocolate massge bar (it's lickable).

What to buy: Our last visit here we bought more massage bars: a Soft Coeur and a Wiccy Magic. They even threw in a free massage bar tin and a sample of one of the body scrubs.

What to pay: The massage bars range from $8.75 to $10. The bubble bars are from $4.95 and up. The bath bombs are $6.95 and up.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Lush: Can you smell those amazing scents

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 7, 2009

I enjoy going into a Lush store, the wonderful scents that eminate as you walk by usually will lure me in. Whenever I find a Lush store I venture in stock up on some of my favorites or to check out any new scents.

Lush prides itself in providing fresh ingredients which are made by hand, are environmentally safe and are not tested on animals. The products range from bath and shower items like the bath bombs (one of my favorites) to the bars (some in really cute shapes), sugar scrubs and buttter creams. They also have a line of hair and facial products as well as some fragrances that come in a solid form in cute tins.

What to buy: The bath bombs are my favorite items here with scents ranging from the Sex bomb, Luverly, Absolute Delight, Sicilian, Waving Not Drowning, and Sakura. There are many others, but I usually stick to these.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Cache: I love, love, love this store

Exterior of the store

Cache is another store that is found in most shopping malls the specializes in womens upper end clothing and accesories. I say upper end becasue their lines quite stylish and are mostly dressier items to be worn at parties or on evenings out. You will also find a smaller selection of casual attire.

The window display caught my eye with somre really nice blue dresses and tops, so I decided to take a look and see if there was anything that I would like. I didn't purchase anything to wear, but I did find a really nice necklace that went well with an outfit that I have at home, so I purchased it.

What to buy: Everything from women's casual and dressy dresses, pants, jeans, sexy tops, jewelry and accesories.

I picked up a nice necklace.

What to pay: Depending on the item, prices can range fron abuot $58 for a blouse to over $200 for a dress. The jewelry and accesories are mid range anywhere from $28-$58.

Yankee Candle: At one point I couldn't resist their candles

Store front

Yankee Candle makes a pretty large selection of scented candles that come in all sorts of jar sizes, tapers, tea lights, car scents and air freshners.

At one point there was a Yankee Candle fragrance in every part of my home as I loved their scents (still do like some), but I've replaced it with a French line I discovered during one of my visits to Paris.

I do still enjoy some of the seasonal scents and will occassionally stop in and grab a jar or two to have at home when I run out of my other favorite scents.

What to buy: Sunflower was one of my favorite scents (they no longer make it) as well as Cotton Linen.

What to pay: Prices vary on size and are quite reasonable.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Coach: Every women owns at least one bag from here

Store front

Coach happens to be one of my favorite inexpensive line of women's hangbags and accessories. There is a Coach location in almost every single mall or casino and you'll find just about the same items here at this location that you will in about any other.

If I happen to be in Mohegan Sun during the launch of a new line, I will probably stop in to take a look at what they have. Coach tends to make the same bag in different sizes and colors and although the quality is good I will usually steer clear from the more "every-day" bags and head straight to their "Limited Edition" bags.

I don't always like what I see as I tend to keep my Coach selections to "classics" where I don't have to worry that the bag after one season is totally out of style, especially the pricer bags that will not wind up at the Coach Outlets.

Coach has a great selection of low end of inexpensive bags to suit just about everyone as well as some really nice accessories like scarves, key chains and bag accessories as well at other items.

During this particular trip I didn't find anything I liked, hopefully next time.

What to buy: I haven't purchased anything at this location yet, hopefully during my next visit I will find something I like.

The prices range for inexpensive (a clutch or wristlet) to expensive for the "Limited Editions" but expect to pay on average for a bag about $238-$458.

Brookstone: Playtime....

by cjg1 Updated Jul 6, 2009

Carrie is ready to ride....

Brookstone is a store with just about every type of gadget from wine openers, matresses, massage chairs, flying toy helicopters, electric toothbrushes and ergononomic products. I always have to stop in to check out their products and have a little bit of fun. I just don't leave Liz and Carrie alone in the store anymore..they tend to cause a ruckus flying the toy helicopters and reinacting a scene from King Kong. and trying to ride the toy motorcycles.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Tiffany & Co.: Rather spend my money here :)

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 1, 2009

My newest Tiffany item, Key Charm :)

Tiffany's has some of the most beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry anywhere. They have some of the most beautiful diamond engagement rings, diamond jewelry and their signature silver tag bracelets and chains with "Return to Tiffany & Co" charms.

I enjoy shopping at Tiffany's and in just about every high end mall or casino you will find this unique jewelry store. There is no better way to spend your casino earnings than on a piece of jewelry here.

Ferni and I wandered in to the store during one of our first trips to Mohegan Sun (and right after a sweet luck of winnings) to see if there was something that caught my eye.

I found a very simple but nice tag necklace that I had been eyeing and Ferni of course bought it for me :) The Tiffany's here at Mohegan Sun is just like any other.

Most recently during one of our biggest winnings ever here in Mohengan, Ferni decided to get me one of Tiffany's newest items...the Key Charm, it is so gorgeous!!!

What to buy: Everything a women could possible want. Ferni purchased for me a really nice simple tag necklace I had been eyeing.

What to pay: A bit more expensive than most other places.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Yankee Candle: Everyone Loves Candles..............

by cjg1 Updated Jun 22, 2009

Candles galore

Yankee Candle carries a variety of candles in different fragrances and sizes. They also sell candle accesories as well as air and car freshners. We love Yankee Candles and always stop in this store when visiting Mohegan Sun.

During our last trip they were running a sale on certain candles; two for twenty but didn't see any fragrances we liked. We did have a coupon buy two jar candles and get a third for free. So we purchase a French Vanilla, Sweet Strawberry and Ocean Walk Candle.

What to buy: Any candle you could want in any size or fragrance.

What to pay: Candles can range anywhere from $3.50 and up depending on the size. We normally purchase the large jar candle for anywhere from $12-22 dollars depending on the sale prices.

Swarovski: Beautiful Austrian Crystal

by cjg1 Updated Jun 22, 2009

Swarovski carries a variety of crystal pieces, figures, jewelry and home accents. Liz has numerous Swarovski pieces and always like to come inside to see if there is anything new she might like. The staff is always friendly and doesn't hover when you are browsing.

What to buy: Our recent trip we purchased two toasting flutes with tiny cystal pieces in the stems of the glasses; perfect for our wedding toast.

What to pay: The glasses were $390 a pair.

Mohegan Sun Arena: Concert Souvenirs

by cjg1 Written Jun 19, 2009

Fleetwood Mac Tees

The Mohegan Sun Arena had a little souvenir shop set up just outside of the concert venue doors. They were selling a variety of t-shirts, bags, posters and other souvenirs. Since Liz is such a fan I just had to get her a t-shirt; a black short sleeved with a pic of the band on the front. She was happy and wore the shirt the very next day.

What to pay: The t-shirt was $40.

Instant Answers: Uncasville

Comments

Uncasville Shopping

Reviews and photos of Uncasville shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uncasville sightseeing.