Uncasville Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Uncasville

Pick Pockets

by cjg1 Written Jul 29, 2009

I am always aware of my surrounding and watch my wallet. Our most recet trip to the casino a woman bumped into me and actually tried to pick my pocket. I pushed her back and kept going with my wallet still secure in my pocket. Casinos might seem like fun places but they can attract a bad element looking to make a quick buck at your expense.

Gasing up at Mohegan Sun

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 27, 2009

Watch out for those gas prices at the Casino Gas Station. I would recommend that if you can wait, don't gas up here. I've noticed on many occassions that the prices here are always about .40-.80 more than at any other station in the area. Years ago, this is where you came for cheap gas, now it's the pricest around.

On our most recent trip we were running low on gas, but thankfully we never wait for it to get to E, so we decided to stop here and check out the prices so we wouldn't have to stop once on the road, but after seeing that for regular the price was $3.40 we did a u turn and decided to get the gas up the road about 7 miles down (on 95) where we paid $2.60 for the gas.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Watch out for those ATM fees

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 27, 2009

At Mohegan Sun (all casinos actually) you will find plenty of ATM machines. The fee that the ATM's charge are outrageous and I would recommend that you reframe from withdrawing money unless it is an absolute must.

I notice the fees are as high as $3.50 per withdrawal, so if you decide you have to withdraw money, try to withdraw the amount you will need so you won't be hit with another withdrawal fee.

We don't use the ATM's at the casinos, we bring the amount of money we think we will use for playing and stick to that amount. If we don't win (very rare) we walk away and call it a night.

I usually stash $100 away in case of an emergency.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Set a gaming limit and stick to it

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 23, 2009

You often here about people going to the casinos with the life savings to "win it big" and loose it all within a few hours. The truth is that the the whole industry is about making money, so more often than not you will loose.

My strategy to playing, having fun and not loosing a lot of money is simple. I set a limit as to how much I will play and when it is all gone, I am done. If I am playing the slots and I see I am ahead, I will stop playing, if I continue to play, more often than not I loose, but I never hit the ATM for more money, it's just bad judgment.

If I decide to play the tables, I play a certian amount of chips, I put my winnings ina stack away from my playing chips, once my playing chips are down, I am out of the table, and hopefully I have chips on my winning side.

It's fun and enjoyable when you have a plan!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

No photography on the gaming floor

by Gypsystravels Written Jul 23, 2009

It is a known fact that photography is not allowed in any casino gaming floor whatsoever. I've actually only recently taken pics and quikly of just a few of the slots while no one was watching with no flash photography.

A guard will approach you and ask that you not take pics if they see you have you camera ready to take pics.

So take pics but make sure to turn the flash off and only when there is no one else around.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

You Must Be 21 Years Old......

by cjg1 Updated Jul 16, 2009

I've got my I.D.

Guests must be 21 years of age to be on the gambling floors. Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in any restaurant that serves alcohol.

Bars, restaurants and the floor security will and can ask you to present your I.D. It often happens to us in bars and has even happen to Liz before she entered two of the casino floors.

• Disabilities

No Photography On Gaming Floor

by cjg1 Updated Jun 29, 2009

Me and My Baby (this pic was ok)

There is no photography allowed on the gaming floor. If you want to take a picture of something; ask first. We were walking into the Casino of the Wind when a guard stopped us because we had a camera dangling. We were informed that no pictures were allowed of the machines or on the gaming floor. So going foward we would ask before snapping a picture especially of the waterfall at the back of the casino (the guard said ok after Liz asked nicely).

• Disabilities

You Can't Get Lost

by cjg1 Written Jun 16, 2009

There is no need to worry about losing your way at Mohegan Sun. There are plenty of signs pointing you in the right direction, whether it's to a bar, restaurant, shop or a game.

You Will Be Shocked at the Cleanliness

by cjg1 Written Jun 16, 2009

I normally wouldn't write this but Liz kept going on about this is the only Casino she has ever been in besides Monte Carlo that the bathrooms are spotless and she didn't have to wait in line.

Instant Answers: Uncasville

Comments

Uncasville Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Uncasville warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uncasville sightseeing.