West Haven Restaurants

Steak and fries

Most Recent Restaurants in West Haven

Captain's Galley(CLOSED): Seafood & a Tiki Bar

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2011

Captains is another West Haven favorite because it's right on the Long Island Sound. The restaurant is simple but it's the food and the views people come here for. Liz and I enjoy their outdoor Tiki bar for drinks and tasty appetizers. Captain's serves the typical seafood; clams, crab,lobster, shrimp and mussel dishes as well as prime rib. The place does get busy in the summer months so be prepared to wait a bit if you want a table or just have a seat at the Tiki bar.

We normally sit outside at the bar and enjoy some drinks and appetizers while enjoying the summer weather. he crowd is usually full of locals and is a comfortable atmosphere to hand back with some rinks. It's always a fun time here and the food is very good.

Favorite Dish: We just come for appetizers and have never had an entree here. We have enjoyed the garlic bread with mozzarella, the stufed clams, stamed mussels and the seafood stufed mussels. My favorite is the seafood stuffed mushrooms and can devour the whole plate myself. Lis loves their mussels and gets them everytime.

The Texas Roadhouse: The Texas Roadhouse

by cjg1 Updated Jun 11, 2010

The Texas Roadhouse is our favorite place to eat in Milford. The restaurant itself is rather large with multiple seating areas and well as a bar. The theme of course is Texas and you can see the Texas signs and accents all over the place. As soon as you enter there is a meat counter on the left hand side. You are able to choose your particular piece of meat or just order off the menu. The waitress escorts you to your table and leaves a bucket of salted peanuts in their shells and some delicious warm buns with honey butter on the table while you look over the menu.

The menu is full of great meat, BBQ and chicken dishes. It can take forever to decide what to eat from all the menu choices. The service here has always been good and the meals are incredibly delicious and large portioned. We've been here for lunch as well as dinner and always have a wonderful experience.

**On the weekend(nights) it can be a wait for a table but they keep you supplied with drinks and as much peanuts as you want to eat. Even on a busy night we didn't wait more than 20 minutes. We try to come here for lunch when there are no crowds especially if we areheaded North on a roadtrip.**

Favorite Dish: The burgers here are incredible. The seasoned steak fries are unbelievable. The steak is outrageous and so are the ribs. Liz's favorite is the Dallas Filet which is tender and juicy. My favorite is the Texas Ribs; which are a huge portion and incredibly good. The side dishes are so good and it's hard to choose what side dishes you want with your meal. The drinks here are also very good and Liz loved their strawberry Dacquiris and jumbo Margaritas.

**Our favorite is definitely the warm buns with the honey butter. They are so soft and delicious...we go through at least two baskets before our meal is served.**

Our most recent trip to the Roadhouse; we were in the mood for meat and were in the area shopping. As always those fresh warm rolls with honey butter were delicious. Liz had a Margarita with salt and I had an iced tea. The Margaritas here are huge...and Liz just adores them especially when the weather is warm outside. I had an iced tea...I was driving. Liz had the Dallas Filet with steak fries and baked beans. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs with applesauce and steak fries. The meat here is always good and I can honestly say I have never been dissapointed by the food quality of taste.

Jimmies of Savin Rock: Great Outdoor Dining & Seafood

by cjg1 Updated Aug 31, 2009

You already know what you want Baby.....

Jimmie's is a local favorite on the beach because of its water views and incredible food. Jimmie's is quite large with several dining areas both inside and out on the patio. The menu has a nice selection of meat, poultry, sandwiches, salads, appetizers and of course seafood. This popular place often gets crowded rather early so be prepared to wait for them to cakll your name on the speaker (they have a nice waiting area or you can go to the bar for a drink). We never waited more than thirty minutes and time usually flies as we sit at the patio bar having drinks. The patio is our prefered seating option since we love to enjoy a nice meal in the sunshine while gazing out at the water. The service here is very good and the seafood is very fresh. It is one of my favorite places for seafood in Connecticut.

Favorite Dish: Liz and I are both big fans of Alaskan King Crab Legs so we always get them when we come here. The portions come in 1lb or 2lb portions. We always get the 1lb portion which is more than enough. The Crab legs are perfectly cooked and tender. The meat is so sweet that you don't need to butter that comes with it. The meal comes with soup, salad or cole slaw. We always chose the cole slaw since it is that good. I usually get my Crab with fries on the side; they are crinkle cut fries that remind me of Nathan's but not as good. Liz like the rice pilaf as her side dish and I must say it is rather good. Nothing is better than enjoying tasty Kig Crab Legs by the water with your girl on a beautiful summer's day.

Instant Answers: West Haven

Comments

West Haven Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Haven restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Haven sightseeing.