Wethersfield Travel Guide

Menu

Wethersfield Things to Do

• nickolasandsara's Profile Photo

by nickolasandsara Written Aug 18, 2008

An entire neighborhood of historic homes and businesses. George Washington and Rochambeau planned a battle in the Revolutionary War at the Webb House on the main street.

• Architecture

Good for: Business

Wethersfield Restaurants

• nickolasandsara's Profile Photo

by nickolasandsara Written Aug 18, 2008

Very cute from the outside, inside not too bad. Infested with mosquitoes, ouch! Pizza not bad, but when they say "serves 16 pieces" they mean cut into squares rather than slices.

Favorite Dish: We had a pepperoni pizza, lol!

Wethersfield Nightlife

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 24, 2012

Many times when we're road tripping to a new location and arriving a bit late we like to do some research regarding places to eat and drink in the area, and that is how we found this place. I am glad we did.

The bar is located in a small shopping complex behind a flower shop and isn't visible from the road (they have a sign out by the road though). You enter and go down a small ramp to the bar out back where there is a small parking area and street parking. When we arrived sometime around 11:00 pm there wasn't any spots available, so we parked it in the street.

The bar is quite nice, there is a small patio with a huge, huge tv screen. You enter and the bar is to the left and a couple of small booths. There is another portion to the bar to right as you enter where there are more tables and booths and a dance floor. There is also a small room with pool tables.

We walked in and sat at the bar. We asked the bar maid if it was too late to order some food. There was a young guy chatting up some girls at the bar right next to us and asked what we wanted to eat, we said something lite and he responded with "I like to please my customers and no matter what time it is, I don't mind making them something to eat". I thought that was a nice touch. The bar maid came over, took our drink orders and gave us menus.

Ferni ordered the chicken bites and I decided to have a burger. The food was quite good and I had actually read a few reviews about the pizza, supposedly it is the quite good. We will definitely try the pizza out the next time we are in the area.

We had our one drink, enjoyed our meal and left sometime around 12:30 pm or so. The place is a hang out for young local twenty somethings enjoying the DJ and hanging out mustly in the dance floor.

Dress Code: Ferni ordered a Heineken and I had a Flying Dog for our drinks. For food Ferni had the chicken bites which were quite good, juicy and tasty and I ordered a cheeseburger with onions. The burger was quite juicy.

Menu Chicken bites Burger Potato skins
    • Beer Tasting

• by TIGERK Written Aug 24, 2002

If you should happen upon our quaint little spot on the Connecticut River,a must see is the area along the river known as'Old Wethersfield'.In Old Wethersfield,is one of the nicest neighborhood bars you'll ever come across,'The Old Town Cafe'.
    If you are the martini type,head north to Hartford a few miles.But if you're a shot & beer type of person,you're at the right spot.A great friendly atmosphere,with over 20 T.V.screens,for great viewing of any sporting event(they can pick up any game,with their Dish).
    They have a great lunch menu,but quit serving fairly early in the winter months.Get there early,and stay late,tell them'Tiger' sent you.

Dress Code: clothing is optional.But dogs must be well behaved!

• Wethersfield Hotels

5 Hotels in Wethersfield

Wethersfield Shopping

by Gypsystravels Written Apr 26, 2010

CVS is a chain drug store where you can find all your drug store needs as well as other items. You can find drinks, snacks as well as magazines, card selections and a host of other items. This paritcular CVS is open 24 hours and it actually made my night.

I was suffering really bad from my allergies, I don't recall a year where I have been so bad. I usually suffer it out and do not like to take any type of medication, especially over the counter, but I just couldn't take the suffering any longer. I decided to walk back to the pharmacist and ask him to recommend to me the best over-the-counter allergy medication I can get for my sypmtoms, he recommended Claritan-D.

Claritan-D and many other allergy medications are now available over-the-counter, but you must have proper ID before they dispense it to you (Driver's License will do). The register will not allow them to dispense the meds with first running your ID. Boy, I am very thankful to this pharmacist, Claritan-D worked wonders for me.

What to buy: They sell every type of drug store item you can think of as well as drinks, snacks seasonal holiday items (beach stuff, Christmas stuff, etc.).

I purchased Claritan-D, some water and a bag of chips.

Wethersfield Favorites

by Gypsystravels Updated May 17, 2010

Favorite thing: I decided to write this tip to assist anyone traveling north and in need of gas. I found that generally speaking, gas stations about 1 mile away for the major highways/intersections will provide you with a more favorable rate per gallon.

Because we tend to do so many road trips, finding a staion with a good price is always on the agenda. In Wethersfield there are many gas stations, but we found that the Valero station has one of the better prices per gallon.

The gas is typically about 5-10 cents cheaper at this station than the Exxon, Shell and the likes.

Just a few minutes away from the main highway will save you money, especially if you do many road trips like Ferni and I do.

Instant Answers: Wethersfield

Comments

Wethersfield Travel Guide
Map of Wethersfield