Bethany Beach Restaurants

• Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bethany Beach

• starship's Profile Photo

Mango's: Fantastic Views -- Not So Fantastic Food!

by starship Updated Mar 13, 2012

After quite a long drive down to Bethany Beach, we were more than ready for lunch when we arrived. We found a parking place pretty quickly only a block from the beach and spotted the sign for Mango's which was located on the second level of a building which was located directly next to the Boardwalk.

The restaurant still had plenty of seats available and we were given a choice of eating outside on their all-white, plexiglass-covered porch, or inside with air-conditioning. We chose the inside, window booth which had an outstanding view of the beach and the Atlantic Ocean. After ordering an appetizer and drinks, I took a minute to have a look around the restaurant which was very spacious and had a cheerful Caribbean theme to its decor. Bright colors on the walls, palm trees, twinkly lights and beachy accessories with the great outside views and I almost thought I heard some steel drum music!! In the middle of Mango's there was an elevated area there was a nice bar which by all accounts was a pretty popular place. Behind the bar was a large, flatscreen TV showing sporting events--what guy can pass that up!LOL!

Favorite Dish: Our ordered appetizer came pretty quickly---too bad because the 4 smallish "CocolocoNut Shrimp" were way too brown, overdone and pretty tasteless for the $8.49 price. The Mango flavored dip helped a little. For main dish, my husband ordered the Jerk Chicken sandwich (approx. $8) which he said was good but later admitted was just OK. I ordered a crabcake sandwich ($10.50) which came with french fries which was just fair. The unadorned bun fell apart. The best thing was the french fries!

Since Mango's had a limited but appetizing-looking menu, and the place was not even close to being crowded, the food should have been much, much better for the price. Still I liked the Caribbean atmosphere, and they were selling cute, little T-shirts with the Mango's logo and we picked one up for our daughter.

Next time, we'll go for a beer, soft drink and the fries just so we can enjoy the view!!

• starship's Profile Photo

Maureen's Ice Cream & Desserts: When Nothing but Ice Cream Will Do

by starship Updated Mar 13, 2012

Maureen

Maureen's Ice Cream and Desserts had a cute, little storefront right on Garfield Parkway, and after the so-so lunch at Mango's we thought we deserved a little ice cream. Maureen's, which had a slight resemblance to an old-fashioned Ice Cream Parlour, had about 15-20 flavors of ice cream, many of which sounded great, but I decided on the coconut, and my husband had a caramel pecan which he said was really good. For 75 cents extra you could have a waffle cone which came in 2 flavors, and more ice cream, but the scoops we had were pretty big for the $3 each we paid.

We grabbed a seat on a little bench outside and enjoyed the cones quickly because with the warm temperatures---well, they were "melting like a sno-cone in Phoenix!"

Favorite Dish: Maureen's Ice Cream and Desserts, as the name implies, offers other treats such as "Smith Island Cakes" & cupcakes, coffee, espresso, latte's, Cappuccino, smoothies & iced coffee drinks. Along with American, handdipped Ice Cream they also offer Gelato, milk shakes & malts.

The iced coffees looked like a pretty popular choice when we were there. But, I could see myself with a Maureen's latte in hand while walking the Boardwalk on a cool evening, listening to the sounds of the ocean and watching a sky full of stars!

NOTE: I had never heard of a "Smith Island Cake" before so I did a little research. Coming from Maryland's only inhabited island, Smith Island, in the Chesapeake Bay, a Smith Island Cake is a cake which originally had 6-12 "pencil-thin layers" of yellow cake with a homecooked, chocolate icing between the layers which is like fudge. Today the cakes come in many flavors and many icing flavors and can be ordered from Smith Island Cake Company online. www. originalsmithislandcakeco. com.

This cake has been designated as the "official dessert of the state of Maryland." No one knows the exact origin but it is thought to have been brought to Smith Island by Welsh Settlers and resembles a British Torte.

• globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

Dogfish Head Ale House

by globetrotter_2006 Written Oct 5, 2007

Ryan and I took the Trolley from Dewey Beach to Rehoboth beach just to spend several hours wetting out pallets with amazing beer. We started off with a little taster, and followed through with a delicious burger that was paired up well with their Porter Beer. Highly recommend this place if you are in RB.

Favorite Dish: Uhhmmm.....beer !!!

• Beer Tasting

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

To Bean or Not to Bean: Get coffee, check email in style & comfort.

by tpangelinan Updated Mar 4, 2005

Great Coffee Shop

This place was really nice, we had coffee there three mornings in a row. Private booths to access the internet. Sofas with books and magazines. Tables and coffee bar. Pastry and bagles and great coffee too!

• Beaches
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Bethany Beach

Comments

Bethany Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bethany Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bethany Beach sightseeing.

View all Bethany Beach hotels