Bethany Beach Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Bethany Beach

• starship's Profile Photo

Don't Forget to Bring Back a T-Shirt

by starship Updated Jan 15, 2014

As with nearly all beach and resort towns, there are plenty of shops mixed with plenty of small restaurants. I thought Bethany Beach's shopping blocks were nicer than most and had a good variety of stores. However, most the most prevalent type of shop sold toys, beachwear and t-shirts. Labor Day weekend is a particularly good time to shop because store owners are trying to clear out the year's merchandise and so they put lots of stuff on sale. There were good deals on t-shirts, sweatshirts, swimsuits, sun hats, beach bags, accessories, etc. Some appealing stores were Clare's Keepsake Scrapbook Cove (I like to scrapbook our trips), and Japanesque (classy clothes & gifts).

I also looked in several stores for postcards, and I could not find a single postcard!! It just didn't seem possible.

What to buy: The most unique thing I saw were the stores which had cages full of hermit crabs living in brightly colored shells. I think they are fascinating to watch, but they do take care and attention. They are living creatures!! If I didn't have other pets, I would have thought about getting one!

I didn't see anything that I really couldn't live without, but somehow not purchasing anything seemed odd. Since I couldn't find any postcards, I didn't buy anything for myself. We purchased the cute t-shirt with Mango's logo ($15) for my daughter which she said was cute. I really didn't see anything that I thought my nearly 20-year old son would really love, so unfortunately he didn't get a souvenir. If he had been 10 years younger, no doubt he would have wanted a toy pirate sword or musket and a tri-corner hat!!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Bethany Trading Company: My favorite gift shop in Bethany

by tpangelinan Updated Mar 4, 2005

Tourist Heaven

They have it all, t-shirts, sweat shirts, beach chairs, hats...you name it. This is a one stop shop for you souvenir needs folks. Cups posters, beach house stuff, ships, towels, shells, what does Aunt Martha want?

What to buy: We like to buy a nice short or long sleeve shirt in every resort town. When we travel, we always pack them and wear the same town on the same day.

• Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Bethany Beach

Comments

Bethany Beach Shopping

Reviews and photos of Bethany Beach shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bethany Beach sightseeing.

View all Bethany Beach hotels